Awoo.

Which name do you prefer: Dr. Eggman or Robotnik?

EzSonic01

8 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

Does anyone else think it's funny how stuff like the Sonic Bible and StC avoided calling him Eggman despite him being literally half egg in those works?

Even more confusing is the fact that the term "Eggman"  has recently popped up in StC Online, but rather Vector says it as a "title" for Robotnik and not an alias (He refers to him as "The Eggman" to Espio, just before he encounters Shadow).  And yet one of the earliest instances of Sonic calling his nemesis as "Eggman" in comics was in Archie's Triple Trouble special when defeating the silhouetted duplicate in the Atomic Destroyer Zone.

I prefer Dr Robotnik because of the classic Sonic games on the Sega Mega Drive In the 90s. But I also like Eggman to from the Sonic Adventure games and onwards.

I grew up with Robotnik, I like both names equally and I prefer the Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik thing, so that both names are canon.

I usually call him Eggman anyway, unless it's him:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20090911045127