Awoo.

Sonic SXSW 2018 Panel ~ It's happening again ~

NikoS

It could be either a Sonic Heroes remake, a compilation of every classic Sonic game (from 1 till 3D Flickies Island or Blast) similar to Mega Man Legacy Collection, or a teaser for the next Sonic game. For now, we'll have to wait until March.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hoping for:

• Spin-off game. Preferably racing game, either bring back Sonic Riders (it has been over 7 years) or another All-Stars Racing game.
  • Modern Sonic Collection (Sonic Unleashed, Colors, Generations) for consoles and PC. If not, then just Unleashed PC.

But we all know what happens when we raise our hopes with this series. I'll try to expect just teasers in the form of memes, but that's about it.

13 hours ago, Sir Laptop said:

The thing with a 2D game like Mania, you don't need the nostalgia to make it work. Unlike the original game, a possible follow-up could use completely original levels that we've never seen before in Classic Sonic. 16-bit apocalyptic city anyone? Mania's core gameplay isn't nostalgic either. It is a 2D sidescroller based on a gameplay style that is preferred by many Sonic fans including myself. Sonic has had plenty of standalone 2D sidescrollers get released in the last 20 years outside of anniversary titles, starting with Pocket Adventure and ending with Sonic 4 Episode 2. Many of these have elements taken from the original classic games.. Considering Mania sold very well, another game could be on the cards, because according to the general consensus on this board, more sales = more $$$ = more games like Game XYZ.

Also, when was it confirmed that Boom is not getting Season 3? An inaccurate assumption. Boom is not dead, for the moment. Last I heard, it was getting good ratings on Cartoon Network anyway, so I'd wonder why they would drop it at its prime.

Maybe because it no longer gels with the direction of the series, then they’d give it the ax?

14 hours ago, Sir Laptop said:

Also, when was it confirmed that Boom is not getting Season 3? An inaccurate assumption. Boom is not dead, for the moment. Last I heard, it was getting good ratings on Cartoon Network anyway, so I'd wonder why they would drop it at its prime.

Then you haven't heard for a while. Did okay on Cartoon Network, yes... but Sonic Boom was moved to Boomerang for Season 2. Less people have Boomerang, and the ratings are much, much lower than they were on CN. Basically abysmal for CGI cartoon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sonic_Boom_episodes#Season_2_(2016–17)

• Chuckle 1

That show would have been a success had it gotten a better timeslot on the original CN. Doing as good as it did at 6 to 7 AM should have been telling enough but I guess they don't want too many cartoons on their network to be popular. It is the home of Teen Titans Go! after all. Welcome to the Teen Titans Go! network. Here's how we usher in our new show OK K.O! throughout the entire week here in August.

tumblr_otsiv4FKt01w60vv7o1_1280.png

Look at all that yellow. An entire week with only two cartoons playing. 

And two screenings of Megamind.

Beautiful.

• Thumbs Up 2

A new Sonic stream has arrived, as usual I couldn't watch it. Did they even mention SXSW Sonic panel in it.

Okay, here are my thoughts on what could possibly be showcased or even happen.

• Mania 2, because, again, it's easy to make and showcase, not to mention that most of the fans and critics ate it up.
  • Heroes remake/sequel built on HE.
  • Some video game compilation with Classic Sonic, because nobody likes Modern anymore, or something.
  • Webber's irritiating "LOL SANIC JOKES" and no real reveal
  • Boom 3DS 3.
  • A big game that most of Sega worked on while Forces was in development (Forces had a tiny dev team, may I remind you)
  • Some gimmicky Sonic Riders 4, probably an exclusive for the Switch, BCUZ MOTION CUNTROLS.
  • Nothing. Just Takashi blabbering on and on about how "Sonic will get good again" for 8 hours.
  • Something about the movie/IDW comics.
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/30/2018 at 11:12 AM, Jtmissile16 said:

If a new game is coming, I hope to god they don’t rush it for 2019

I hope to god there's no more classic stages.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 25.1.2018 at 2:55 AM, Razule said:

I don't think Sega is ever going to remake modern games.

Their are some rumors floating around on the internet, that Sega will maybe remake Sonic Heroes.

Here are my predictions:

1. Mania 2 - Hopefully with more original ideas this time round

2. Sonic Heroes Remake or maybe even a sequel - With Blaze and Silver replacing Big and Cream (We all know how whiny fans can be when it comes to those two characters)

3. Teaser of the Sonic Movie

4. A new Mario and Sonic Olympic games

5. A new mobile game

6. Something about the IDW comics

7. Sumo Digital game - But this time as an only Sonic cast racing game, sadly no more of other Sega characters

• Thumbs Up 1