Awoo.

Sonic Forces Super Sonic DLC Will Be Free Forever

Detective Kaito

As long as anyone who already paid for the DLC gets a refund, I'd say this was a pretty nice move on their part. Not a game-changer by any means, but it is nice they fixed this mistake, at the very least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah let’s not quickly forget that they attempted to pull this shit in the first place and only are changing it due to high backlash. I’m not gonna start singing praises to Sega 

• Thumbs Up 5

I’m still not sure what’s sadder, that Sega needed a months worth of convincing to change this common sense decision, or that they’ll listen to us on this, but not regarding game mechanics.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I’m still not sure what’s sadder, that Sega needed a months worth of convincing to change this common sense decision, or that they’ll listen to us on this, but not regarding game mechanics.

Well, the higher-ups in command of Sonic being jerkoffs is no surprise to me.

13 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I get the impression that this was an experiment, to see just how far they could push paid DLC. The negative reception and internal pressure caused them to reconsider after just a single day of paid sales. That's good. But the fact that they were willing to pull this in the first place, and so brazenly boasting that it's only free to download for a month as though it was some great deal, leaves me concerned that they'll try similar rubbish in the future.

What I really don't get is why Super Sonic, a standard feature of past games, was nerfed and relegated to paid DLC when Episode Shadow was free. I don't think that Episode Shadow is particularly good, but it's new content and there's actually some real substance to it. Honestly it makes no sense. 

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm glad that they changed it, not so glad that they had to deal with a lot of people being assholes towards them for their original decision.

1 minute ago, FriesWithoutKetchup said:

I'm glad that they changed it, not so glad that they had to deal with a lot of people being assholes towards them for their original decision.

It was a asshole incompetent greedy decision in the first place so really to me I don’t sympathize with Sega here 

• Thumbs Up 3

Would it really be better if they kept it charged?

It was just a dumb decision, not exactly something to get worked over.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KHCast said:

It was a asshole incompetent greedy decision in the first place so really to me I don’t sympathize with Sega here 

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I never found it to be that big of a deal in the first place.

And I usually tend to sympathize with just about anyone when there's an OVERWHELMING amount of people overreacting (in my opinion) and sending hatred & bile to them over something that wasn't even that big of a deal in the first place.

I didn't even LIKE that it was paid DLC, I thought it was silly that they did that... but that was as far as it went for me. Paid DLC or not, it wasn't anything worth getting genuinely angry over, and it certainly didn't warrant a lot of the nastiness I saw aimed at Sega/Sonic Team.

That's just how I see it. The reaction to it did not match the 'severity' of the 'crime'.

didn't even LIKE that it was paid DLC, I thought it was silly that they did that... but that was as far as it went for me. Paid DLC or not, it wasn't anything worth getting genuinely angry over, and it certainly didn't warrant a lot of the nastiness I saw aimed at Sega/Sonic Team.

The angry response was because what this would mean for the future of Sonic DLC.

We could have 5 new levels and 2 new cutscenes for $5! Or we can have a feature that has always been free, acts as a bonus unlockable that says you put a lot of work into the game, especially since it just was all of that in a game that came a few months beforehand... And have it immediately for $2.

It was a bad sign, and nobody wanted such a thing to come up in future Sonic games. It's our message to say "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!"

1 minute ago, Polkadi said:

The angry response was because what this would mean for the future of Sonic DLC.

We could have 5 new levels and 2 new cutscenes for $5! Or we can have a feature that has always been free, acts as a bonus unlockable that says you put a lot of work into the game, especially since it just was all of that in a game that came a few months beforehand... And have it immediately for $2.

It was a bad sign, and nobody wanted such a thing to come up in future Sonic games. It's our message to say "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!"

And people  (in general, no one specific) don't know how to express such a reasonable fear and request... without acting like assholes about it?

Like I said, I thought it was silly. I didn't want them to do it. It's the WAY people went about complaining about it that I thought was absolutely ridiculous and overblown.

And people  (in general, no one specific) don't know how to express such a reasonable fear and request... without acting like assholes about it?

Like I said, I thought it was silly. I didn't want them to do it. It's the WAY people went about complaining about it that I thought was absolutely ridiculous and overblown.

Also keep in mind that the worst of the bunch is usually the loudest.

I'm sure most of us just gave it a simple "no", and requested that it remained free, because it had always been a free feature (and it was said that all Sonic Forces DLC would be free).

Some people just gave it a bit more than a "no" and lashed out, and you probably heard them more, because they made more of a stink about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, FriesWithoutKetchup said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I never found it to be that big of a deal in the first place.

And I usually tend to sympathize with just about anyone when there's an OVERWHELMING amount of people overreacting (in my opinion) and sending hatred & bile to them over something that wasn't even that big of a deal in the first place.

I didn't even LIKE that it was paid DLC, I thought it was silly that they did that... but that was as far as it went for me. Paid DLC or not, it wasn't anything worth getting genuinely angry over, and it certainly didn't warrant a lot of the nastiness I saw aimed at Sega/Sonic Team.

That's just how I see it. The reaction to it did not match the 'severity' of the 'crime'.

Nobody implied or said it was a big deal lol? Something can still be obviously shit and greedy without being some massive attack on your country. Like I don’t get this painting anyone that calls out what this move was as “overblowing and lashing out” retort.

Just now, Polkadi said:

Also keep in mind that the worst of the bunch is usually the loudest.

I'm sure most of us just gave it a simple "no", and requested that it remained free, because it had always been a free feature (and it was said that all Sonic Forces DLC would be free).

Some people just gave it a bit more than a "no" and lashed out, and you probably heard them more, because they made more of a stink about it.

A very fair point. Perhaps the majority WERE far more reasonable and restrained with their dislike of it and their expression of said dislike, and most of what I was seeing was just a very loud minority acting ridiculous.

Just now, KHCast said:

Nobody implied or said it was a big deal lol? Something can still be obviously shit and greedy without being some massive attack on your country 

I didn't mean that anyone HERE at this current time was implying or saying that, I was talking about 'in general' back when it was first announced as paid DLC. Plenty of people WERE making it into a big deal.

And as far as it being 'obviously shit and greedy'... again, agree to disagree.

• Nice Smile 1

5 minutes ago, FriesWithoutKetchup said:

A very fair point. Perhaps the majority WERE far more reasonable and restrained with their dislike of it and their expression of said dislike, and most of what I was seeing was just a very loud minority acting ridiculous.

I didn't mean that anyone HERE at this current time was implying or saying that, I was talking about 'in general' back when it was first announced as paid DLC. Plenty of people WERE making it into a big deal.

And as far as it being 'obviously shit and greedy'... again, agree to disagree.

If it wasn’t greedy then it was kind and generous and supposedly a nice gift for the fans and didn’t deserve to be lashed out to the point of them needing to change it. Given Sega as a compnies track record, I don’t think this was out of generosity personally 

• Thumbs Up 4

It was stupid when Bethesda tried to make money off itemized pointless shit like horse armor, and super sonic being charged for whether it’s been part of the games prior or not is stupid still given how pointless it is to the overall experience, and only done to make a quick buck.

• Thumbs Up 5

50 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

"Getting worked over" it is what stopped it from happening. If we didn't "get worked over" it, then there's no reason they wouldn't attempt this trash on even more mundane itemized DLC. How about they bring back that roulette wheel from Runners? Or Loot Item Monitors? Chao Garden DLC! $20.00!

We should never accept or normalize stupid decisions like this.

I am gonna have to agree with Fries here. It was just a simple decision. Good or bad, it was not worth getting worked up over like some people did. Plus, getting worked up and lashing out at Sega for something little is not the only way to get their attention and get them to change their minds. Being polite, calm, civil and reasonable is another way, and I believe it to be more effective than being angry and lashing out if anything, especially over something not that big of a deal. It might have needed more consistent effort in comparison to being angry, but it would have been worth it more than just being negative and angry. Sure, the charged Super Sonic DLC may not have been the best thing to many, but in the end, it was still a minor thing that would not ruin lives in any way whatsoever.