Awoo.

Foods and Drinks Thread

RedFox99

As you can imagine, this thread to talk the culinary arts. Talk about what foods you like, cooking experiences, cooking shows, etc.

To start things off, I wanted to talk about what I consider my first time baking something on my own. I made an easy mug cakes using a recipe from Buzzfeed from 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/rachelysanders/genius-three-ingredient-recipes

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Nice cakes dude :)

I've not made much in the past but I do have two specialties. Number 1 is my Chilli Dogs. Did you ever get that Sonic 20th Anniversary magazine by Games Master? Delicious recipe. Makes for amazing Chilli, not too spicy, smooth and goes amazing with hot dogs.

19420597_10207626178086588_7052461757418

Second are my Chocolate Chip Cookies. I got the recipe from the Guardian and modified it to fit my tastes. Very tasty, sweet and can be quite moreish.

15622120_10206427374037236_6086394956839

Want the recipe?

120g salted butter, at room temperature
75g dark brown sugar
75g granulated sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
240g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
170g dark chocolate, roughly chopped

1. Using a wooden spoon, or (even better) a food mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until just combined.
 Add the vanilla extract, then the egg, and beat in well.

2. Sift together the flour and bicarbonate of soda, then use a spoon to add to the mixture,
 stirring until it just comes together into a dough.
 Fold in the chocolate pieces.

3. Preheat the oven to 180C. Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden, but not browned.

I really want to learn to make cake, if anyone can give me easy recipes that would be welcome.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's a recipe that included in issues of the manga my Love Story. I might look to see what they include

Nevermind, it's pretty complicated.

Recently I was gifted with a bunch of Apples so naturally I wen't and googled a bunch of recipes I could use them in. Ended up making some really tasty cookies courtesy of Betty Crocker.

And while the first batch left some to be desired the second knocked it out of the park.

I'd also like to push a favorite smoothie of mine, the Blueberry Pear smoothie. It's simple to make, and especially great for that brutal summer heat

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Balding Spider said:

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I tried making it without the chicken due to dietary laws. I liked it.

It's not much, but it's some chilli dogs I made one day. It's just ketchup, mustard, chilli, onions and black beans and cheese. Perfect quick snack on the weekend.

2017-11-10_17-11-22-928.jpg

Whenever i get back on the grill, I'll post more of my creations.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

In Italy we love food, especially pasta and spaghetti as starter, but we also love meat, fish (without chips), and sweets. That sounds a bit generic, one of my favorite food is pizza. And that's about it. I'm also willing to try new types of food, like Japanese and Indian, I've been to those restaurants with my friends, as well as well as the Spanish restaurant, they're all in my city. So I've tried different things with rice like la paella with meat and fish, at the Japanese I've recently eaten ramen for the first time ever, and those clouds which are their equivalent of bread, plus various things I can't remember. Next stop is the Indian restaurant.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

Y'all made a food thread without inviting me to the main course? :P

Anyone here like to put worchsterchire sauce on rice?

The flavor is absolutely amazing.

If y'all love soda, you should try the Red Ribbon brand. The various kinds are like a tsunami of taste. (No, not that Red Ribbon)  Cherry, root beer, vanilla and almond.

Oh my cods, now I'm hungry.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

274dfz2sc2oqffcnjucshj4se7ahbl6s_hq.jpg

Here is just one of many reasons to never watch Toriko, when hungry. An island that grows breakfast food. Sign me up. Gimme some omelettes!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Has anyone seen this adorable crosssover? It's not as vulgar as Gordan Ramsey would lead you to believe.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, MKG said:

Has anyone seen this adorable crosssover? It's not as vulgar as Gordan Ramsey would lead you to believe.

I head Gordon is a pretty nice guy.

1:50 wow

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Anyone here ever watched Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri? 

Every now and then I would watch the show. Lately I would watch some Chopped episodes. It's incredible what dish people can make with certain ingredients in their basket.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

I really want to learn to make cake, if anyone can give me easy recipes that would be welcome.

Depends, what kind of cakes you're looking for? Layer cake (like cake with layers of jam and whipped cream for example)? Marble cake kind of cake? Cheese cake? :D

I've done about all of those at least. Say what feels most interesting and I'll try to find the recipe from the pile of books and files I've used. I just hope I can translate the recipes well enough if it comes to that. :blushing:

Gee now I feel like a drug dealer... :lol:

In how many places home economics is an obligatory school subject including cooking by the way...

Wow, must have been hard work.

I can't cook anything that well. I tried making a shoufle with just maple syrup and eggs and I think it came out wrong.

QfFh95z.jpg

Allows me to present to you ny homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup cheesecake! I used homemade Greek yogurt in place of cream cheese to cut the calories. This was so much fun to make!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 4

12 minutes ago, Kevin said:

QfFh95z.jpg

Allows me to present to you ny homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup cheesecake! I used homemade Greek yogurt in place of cream cheese to cut the calories. This was so much fun to make!

That looks so good man. 

Have y'all watched the dubbed episodes of the anime we know as Toriko?

A running gag in the dub (before they stopped dubbing) was that they'd frequently use food-related terms in place of swear words.

Such as "son of a bisque!" and "holy clam is it raining hard!" It was so influential that I started using food terms in place of curse words at the restaurant I work at.

Here's a tasteful video. Musical popcorn!

• Nice Smile 1

I ordered a junkyard dog with a slaw for lunch today and funny story, there was just so much stuff in the tray that I forgot there was supposed to be a hotdog up under it all. I finally got to the bottom and ugh, the bun was so soggy that I couldn't eat it. Everything else was delicious though. I probably won't eat one of those for a while due to being grossed out by wet bread.

Do you think sonic would try a junkyard dog?

I need to learn how to cook. I can make a mean plate of scrambled eggs like you wouldn't believe, but I need to diversify my cooking palette LOL. My boyfriend loves to cook but I wanna start competing with him.

Any good dishes or desserts that are a good place to start for a novice?