Awoo.

Foods and Drinks Thread

RedFox99

On 1.2.2018 at 12:49 AM, MKG said:

Here's a tasteful video. Musical popcorn!

Seriously, I hear plain English in some places but when he speaks about the microwave oven it sounds like he says "ugni".

You know, in Swedish oven is ugn.

...they're really playing "popcorn" in there? Sorta?

It's a nice song but really, kinda predictable.

• Nice Smile 1

I was to post this before, but it slipped my mind. Food + Sonic + Christmas =

IMG_0445.jpg

Made this 2 years ago, orange cake with vanilla sugar topping.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ooh, now that we're talking about Christmas; I think I could post some pics of decorated self-made gingerbreads in here at some point, when I manage to get the pics out of my phone. :D

There're penguins. Penguins.

And some mooses.

Very tasty.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not a big fan of meat and cheese anymore. What meats did you use?

Anyways, I was thinking of what could be a delicious, and healthy sandwich to order for Subway or at my college cafe. What are some of your favorite sandwiches?

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Not a big fan of meat and cheese anymore. What meats did you use?

Anyways, I was thinking of what could be a delicious, and healthy sandwich to order for Subway or at my college cafe. What are some of your favorite sandwiches?

Porkchop, chicken, Boston butt and ribs. I threw some potatoes on there as well.

Also, i love tuna sandwiches the best.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgonzola, mozzarella, cheddar and bleu, for me.

Y'all ever had a Cinnamon Toast Crunch milkshake? They are absolutely out of this world at Steak n' Shake. (American restaurant chain.)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, MKG said:

Gorgonzola, mozzarella, cheddar and bleu, for me.

Y'all ever had a Cinnamon Toast Crunch milkshake? They are absolutely out of this world at Steak n' Shake. (American restaurant chain.)

Never heard that shake before. Might try it out someday.

I just want to express my love for Denny's here. I agree it's America's diner and I can never grow tired of it. I personally love the Bourbon chicken skillet. Pot roast melt is also another go-to Denny's meal for me. I feel like it should be "America runs on Denny's" instead of "Dunkin". If only Denny's came up with that slogan first!

• Nice Smile 1

On 12/02/2018 at 8:34 PM, RedFox99 said:

What are your guys' favorite cheeses? 

Mine are pepper jack and mozzarella. 

Quatro Stagioni, a very good tomato pizza and homemade "whatever fridge has eaten" version.

Those three prolly.

Has anybody in here ever eaten semla? Today was the day for eating those and having some hill sliding, it's Shrove Tuesday after all. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what I wish was a thing in America?

Döner Kebab

EfHBUeL.jpg

They’re cheap, delicious and could be found everywhere in Germany. Very few places over here have them and I never understood why they never took off here.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

I am very picky eater so most things I never eaten before. In fact I took this picky eater test and marked 65 out of 87 things I don't eat. My most favorite food is chocolate. I can not go a week without chocolate, or even a day for that matter. I was called chocolate boy, from Hey Arnold cartoon, in middle school because of my chocolate obsession. Oh yeah I like bbq chips, chicken, potatoes, and biscuits.

9 hours ago, TailsTellsTales said:

I am very picky eater so most things I never eaten before. In fact I took this picky eater test and marked 65 out of 87 things I don't eat. My most favorite food is chocolate. I can not go a week without chocolate, or even a day for that matter. I was called chocolate boy, from Hey Arnold cartoon, in middle school because of my chocolate obsession. Oh yeah I like bbq chips, chicken, potatoes, and biscuits.

Have you ever dipped a biscuit in chocolate? Oh my goodness sooooo good. I was at a friend's house and I had a biscuit and a little bowl of chocolate. Awesome.

8 hours ago, ebongrey23 said:

Have you ever dipped a biscuit in chocolate? Oh my goodness sooooo good. I was at a friend's house and I had a biscuit and a little bowl of chocolate. Awesome.

No, seems like strange combination, but worth try.

I'll eat just about anything, except for a few things.  When it comes to cheese, I only like it when it's on pizza.  I have a very weird allergy when it comes to vanilla/orange drinks.  I have drank Stewart's vanilla/orange drink and I threw up over 10 years ago.  I never had it again.  Then a few years back, I tried HiC vanilla/orange... I threw up.  So I came to the conclusion that I have an allergy to that.  I don't know why.  The thought of vanilla/orange drinks makes me a bit sick.

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys know what's really tasty?

Minced liver steaks that have grated (raw) potato mixed in the "dough". They need to be somewhat thin and fried with a frying pan, this is no oven thing.

Some mashed potato and lingonberries (in a kind of a jam form or as they are with sugar, straight from the freezer is alright with sugar too) with that and we're talking.

It's awesome. But I suppose it's something one needs to grow up with, if one's never tasted those they might taste strange. 

And I don't enjoy liver casserole too much. Prolly it's about how the liver's prepared and what it has with it in the food it's part of...

On 2/20/2018 at 5:29 PM, MKG said:

Anyone here ever had Tabasco A1 hot sauce? Great on hot dogs.

Never heard of it before, i usually use the Tabasco habanero sauce when i make chili-dogs, but now i'll see if i find it around here, i shall use it on my chili-dog in the future.

(and if it's not good you'll feel my rage)

You guys know what's really tasty?

Minced liver steaks that have grated (raw) potato mixed in the "dough". They need to be somewhat thin and fried with a frying pan, this is no oven thing.

Some mashed potato and lingonberries (in a kind of a jam form or as they are with sugar, straight from the freezer is alright with sugar too) with that and we're talking.

It's awesome. But I suppose it's something one needs to grow up with, if one's never tasted those they might taste strange. 

And I don't enjoy liver casserole too much. Prolly it's about how the liver's prepared and what it has with it in the food it's part of...

@BlueSky Yeah you might need to grow up with, since i personally can't stand liver... Potatos on the other hand, they give me life!!

• Nice Smile 1

50 minutes ago, NikoS said:

@BlueSky Yeah you might need to grow up with, since i personally can't stand liver... Potatos on the other hand, they give me life!!

Well, what I can tell, it tastes liver but not liver.

As in, it has the different aroma but the texture isn't the usual liver-type of texture and frying makes the liver taste a bit differently than, say, in sauces or oven stuff. There's the nice "frying pan" effect.

You get it if you ever fry mashed potatoes on a frying pan in a way it gets a crust. It's funny how frying pan affects the flavours so much.

But yeah, it's still liver so I suppose it might not work well with you.

And we're having an Antoineversation yet again... :D

• Thumbs Up 1