Awoo.

Sega is teasing a new Sonic something reveal for SXSW 2018

molul

https://www.videogamer.com/news/sega-is-teasing-a-new-sonic-game-reveal-for-sxsw-2018

Article:

Fresh on the heels of the success of Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania, Sega's confirmed it will be lifting the lid on its next plans for the Blue Blur at SXSW next month.

The software behemoth teased that it will be offering a 'world-exclusive first look at what comes next' for Sonic and chums at the Gotta Go Fast: The Official Sonic the Hedgehog Panel at 3.30pm CST on March 16.

We're promised an update on how well the previous two Sonic titles have done as well as a glimpse at what is presumably the next game in the venerable platforming franchise, although that's about all we know at present. 

'Sonic is back, and ready to take 2018 by storm,' the teaser reads. The panel will feature a number of major players at Sega, including Aaron Webber, Austin Keys, Jason Hernandez, and Takashi Iizuka, so expect something pretty substantial. 

Frankly, Sega would have to be barking mad not to do a direct follow-up to the brilliant Sonic Mania (which I admit to loving even more than Colm), which saw the spiky speedster return to his retro roots after years of medicore 3D outings. Or they could be total gits and give us Sonic and the Black Knight 2. 

34 days left, then :) I'm guessing Project plus will be revealed there.

A new game is possible if spin-off, or at the very least another teaser like the one at the party in 2016, since Forces only had a small part of ST working on it. 

Oh and Sega seems satisfied with Forces, probably due to younger fan reaction and sales (including Japan strangely).

I'm hoping for a Rush 3. If Sega can't do 3D Boost right, then maybe they'll do 2D Boost better.

Also, I really hope that the next game wouldn't have Green Hill. Like, yeah, it's iconic, but we need more variety.

I think it could easily be a sequel or expansion for Sonic Mania, or a spinoff.

I don't expect to hear from Sonic Team proper for a while though, if at all.

• The title was changed to Sega is teasing a new Sonic something reveal for SXSW 2018
50 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Please edit the OP.

This could be absolutely anything. Even just comic news.

Done! Btw, I just pasted the article's title. It wasn't mine ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

>Last game isn't even three months old yet.

Why are ya'll so fucking thirsty already, jeez.

That 2 year drought really ruined us. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 2

2 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Some games don't come out for 2-5 years at a time :V

We're just spoiled is all. 

• Thumbs Up 5

23 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Happens when you take 3 years of your 4 year development cycle exclusively for developing only the engine of your game.

Game which ends up blowing which means you'll probably never use that engine ever again.

gg Sega.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Some games don't come out for 2-5 years at a time :V

We're just spoiled is all. 

I know I'm just saying we're so used to yearly releases that's why everybody is so quick to ask where's the next Sonic game immediately after the current one comes out. It's a curse.

I don't think it's going to be a new main game.  Maybe we get infos for a new spin-off like All-stars or teases for the movie.

4 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Guys, don't hold out for a new game just yet - it's a bit soon, and it's just speculation on Video Gamer's part that a new game will be revealed. The official blurb for the panel is just this:

No new game mentioned, just a "first look at what comes next". That will likely include the IDW comics, Project Plus (if it's something worth talking about) and one or two other surprises. But a new game seems highly unlikely.

And Project Death Egg Sigma.

and, about GHZ...

”So silly of us, Adventure fa-ns, we’ll give the same treatment to some of your beloved levels! Crazy Gadget is back! Anyone remember Cosmic Wall? Sky Babylon? Knight’s Passage?”

As much as I would love for it to be a new game, I doubt we'll see a brand new game for several years. Which is fine, considering we have a load of other things to look forward to.

I personally would like more information on IDW or that movie we know next to nothing about, lol.

1 hour ago, Blue Wisp said:

Happens when you take 3 years of your 4 year development cycle exclusively for developing only the engine of your game.

I’ve read a Reddit post somewhere that that isn’t uncommon.