Awoo.

Sega is teasing a new Sonic something reveal for SXSW 2018

molul

2 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

I also don't get why Sonic should be limited to have shitty developers while Sega characters get the competent ones.

We just got Sonic Mania, for christ's sake. 

Also Sonic is a SEGA character. You can still play as him and half of his furry cohort. It's just that general SEGA fans also get thrown a bone every now and then. Again, I wouldn't sing this tune if this weren't a kart racer. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

Also Sonic is a SEGA character.

Not really. You can see the comment section here. Nights, Ulala, Ristar, Beat and Amigo are Sega character. Sonic is a Sonic character. Let's be honest here. Sonic is so big, so much bigger than the others, he can be seen as his own stand a lone thing. 

1 minute ago, Swing said:

Not really. You can see the comment section here. Nights, Ulala, Ristar, Beat and Amigo are Sega character. Sonic is a Sonic character. Let's be honest here. Sonic is so big, so much bigger than the others, he can be seen as his own stand a lone thing. 

Aye, I get that - my point was more that you'll still get Sonic in a SEGA kart racer, but you won't get SEGA in a Sonic Kart Racer. Or at least, not to the degree of ASR.

It's so weird to be on a Sonic board that likes Sumo Digital being unhappy at the prospect that Sumo Digital is producing a Sonic game to the point all interest evaporates.

Three weeks feels so far away right now...

Larry

For info.

His IP matches one used when he predicted the character creator in Forces.

• Thumbs Up 9

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

For info.

Well.

Bugger.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

For info.

That's interesting. Thank you.

Since other people are posting what they think the roster might be like, here's mine:

Spoiler
  1. Sonic
  2. Tails
  3. Dr Eggman
  4. Knuckles
  5. Amy
  6. Shadow
  7. Cream
  8. Rouge
  9. Big
  10. Vector
  11. Charmy
  12. Espio
  13. Omega
  14. Jet
  15. Blaze
  16. Silver
  17. Chaos
  18. Metal Sonic
  19. Sticks
  20. Fang
  21. Zavok
  22. Buddy/Avatar
  23. Infinite
  24. NiGHTS
  25. Beat
  26. Ulala

What do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

What do you guys think?

I think a lot of you will be disappointed.

I very much doubt that the roster will be anything outside of Sonic Battle Racers (board game) and Sonic Dash Sonic Forces or whatever it's called.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sumo Digital staff have made a habit of posting on SSMB regarding the All Stars games in the past right? Think there's a chance of that happening again and how soon after the announcement they would reach out?

Great news for me^^

Here is a dream exaggerated roster that I'd love to see:

Spoiler

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Dr. Eggman

Shadow

Metal Sonic

Big

Cream

Chao

Vector

Charmy

Espio

Rouge

Omega

Jet

Wave

Storm

Sticks

Infinite

Zavok

Zazz

Zeena

Tikal

Chaos

Orbot

Cubot

Classic Sonic

Nack

Finally some justice for the Sonic cast! If this news is real, of course. The last Sonic only spin-off I got to play was Zero Gravity in 2008... it's been too long.

• Fist Bump 1

If this is all indeed the case, I'm incredibly disappointed. Sumo's passion for SEGA has been made damn well apparent throughout all of their projects with the company, and I feel a generic Sonic kart racer wouldn't do their passion justice. Ergh.

3 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Finally some justice for the Sonic cast!

Are you effing kidding me? 

• Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

For info.

Oh.

ohhhhhhhh maaaan a lot of people gonna be salty...

I mean, again, still technically a rumour, but he was spot-on with Forces, so...

Now I wonder if Sumo Digital are actually working on this.

15 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

Sumo Digital staff have made a habit of posting on SSMB regarding the All Stars games in the past right? Think there's a chance of that happening again and how soon after the announcement they would reach out?

Yes, and he/they better come prepared if this is true, oh boy, poor Sumo...

I'm disappointed, but because we all know, being a Sonic-only game, this entry will get a lot of backlash, no matter how good it plays, due to the fact that it's not the "good" Sonic (the Classic), but the talky one and his shitty friends. This is not me saying, this will be the previews, write my words.

Also, level selection and variety: unless SEGA give Sumo a lot of freedom, we ARE getting the same old levels, and frankly, if they didn't gave the Mania Team that much freedom...I recall Christian saying Sonic Team outright reject ALL the re-imagined zones they've suggested... So yeah, more Green Hill.

Goddamn it, SEGA, why tho'? You have such charming IPs and amazing worlds...

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

I recall Christian saying Sonic Team outright reject ALL the re-imagined zones they've suggested...

I've not heard of this before. If you can send me a source for this I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

I've not heard of this before. If you can send me a source for this I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Eesh... saw it at Retro, God knows which thread... if someone could back me up?

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

I don't have the source, but I believe what was actually said was that the level last changed completely. I don't recall there being any mention of the level list being rejected, which is an important distinction to make. 

• Thumbs Up 3

29 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Aye, I get that - my point was more that you'll still get Sonic in a SEGA kart racer, but you won't get SEGA in a Sonic Kart Racer. Or at least, not to the degree of ASR.

Yeah, we can see it that way.

22 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

What do you guys think?

Will sadly be the true roster. 

Curiously, what I just said was posted by a member at Retro's official Mania thread:

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=35709&st=10860&p=921894&#entry921894

There ya go, pal!

It was this interview CW gave to Rolling Stones.

Our initial plan for the sequence of Zones - pretty much none of those made it in. I wasn’t all that disappointed, though, because there’s so many things we could have done. What we ended up with made sense. Both our side and Sega’s side pitched levels, and initially, we thought we were going to put the Zones in chronological order, but Iizuka-san was fine with us mixing it up. There are certain levels that are fan-favorites, but in one instance, we put in a Zone that fans generally dislike, but we did something completely different with it, and it seems like people are liking it. Picking a level that we weren’t so enamored with from the original games gave us more room to do our own thing with it. Overall, we had to balance the stage tropes - there couldn’t be too many water levels, or city levels. We ended up making the first Act of Stardust Speedway feel like a ruin, because we didn’t end up taking a complete ruin Act.

Maybe SEGA just felt this was the right time to make another Sonic racer. The last one we had that wasn't mobile was 2010, 2008 for the non-control-gimmicky entry. 

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

Curiously, what I just said was posted by a member at Retro's official Mania thread:

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=35709&st=10860&p=921894&#entry921894

He said it was an interview CW gave to Rolling Stones...

Excellent:

Our initial plan for the sequence of Zones - pretty much none of those made it in. I wasn’t all that disappointed, though, because there’s so many things we could have done. What we ended up with made sense. Both our side and Sega’s side pitched levels, and initially, we thought we were going to put the Zones in chronological order, but Iizuka-san was fine with us mixing it up.

That's a little different from rejecting their level list; it sounds moreso that the way the levels were arranged were changed.

Anyway, this is off-topic. In regards to Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, I'm hopeful that the game itself will be stellar. It's just the lack of other SEGA IPs that's going to be really disappointing and kill a lot of the charm it had. I wonder why they came to this decision.

• Thumbs Up 3

It sounds like they've made a sequence of Zones, both new and old, and not only their picks didn't made it in, but said sequence was re-arranged. When he said our side, I think he meant the original zones, and SEGA's side, the old ones.

It sucks if there's no Sega characters but it's not the end of the world. I'll gladly take a Sonic spinoff that's actually good with open arms.

Spoiler

Baby, ain't nobody gonna love me like the way you do
And you ain't never gonna find a love like mine
Tell me what can I do to make it up to you?
'Cause what we got's too good to say goodbye, goodbye

latest?cb=20130810034301

• Thumbs Up 2