Awoo.

Sega is teasing a new Sonic something reveal for SXSW 2018

molul

According to my time, which is EST is 1:46, which is about an hour and 45 minutes left.

12 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

According to my time, which is EST is 1:46, which is about an hour and 45 minutes left.

I think you're off by an hour.

SXSW isn't going by EST, its CT.

2:30 hours remaining as of this minute.

Is it sad that I'm far more excited about the idea of a Sonic Mania expansion or plus or whatever it could be, that the announcement of a 3D title?

I do agree with others, probably best to keep your excitement in check. To be honest I'd be surprised if we'd be getting anything major after the release of 2 major Sonic titles only a few months ago. Really, my only real hope out of this thing is that we get confirmation that Taxman and Stealth will be sticking around and developing another game in future. Not a Sonic Mania 2 announcement, just something to indicate that Mania isn't a fluke, and that Sega is going to let them stick around. That's my big hope.

Although I will say I do think some of the possibilities sound good. A new Sonic racing could be good, depending on what it is. I doubt it's going to be Riders 4 though, I'm not sure anybody outside of the fandom has a positive opinion of the first 3 Riders games, especially Free Riders. Sonic Boom could not be dead which is nice, I don't watch the show myself but hear it is good. And again, even if the fabled Sonic Mania Plus is just a myth, I really do hope we get Sega basically acknowledging it's success and hopefully a confirmation that they will have the Mania team do a sequel.

(I have to say though, Sonic Mania Plus just leaves my brain racing. New stages, new music, new stages for Hyper Emeralds, a 4th playable character like Amy, putting in the missing Zone transitions etc. Mania is a game that you could impliment alot of stuff into it if you really wanted to.)

• Thumbs Up 3

43 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

I think you're off by an hour.

SXSW isn't going by EST, its CT.

2:30 hours remaining as of this minute.

I'm going by TSSZ's live stream time 3:30 EST. Again it starts  in about 40 minutes according to my time.

DYaZ0MqU8AEOChf.jpg:large

Again - but using the local time of the event. It starts at 15:30. It is currently 14:05. There's more than an hour before it starts. TSSZ are probably mistaken with that all times ET tag, since Texas is CT.

TSSZ are starting the coverage earlier, most likely just gonna discuss their expectations and maybe talk to people.

Then an hour later (4:30 ET) the panel starts

y'all people are overcomplicating stuff

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparantly TSSZ misjudged their time and it's actually beginning at 4:30 EST, which is 8:30 GMT.

Motobug is currently on however - open playlist til the actual stream begins.

https://cytu.be/r/Motobug

15 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

It will be a new Generations' classic sonic game. But in 3D.

That with Mania-like physics, I'd buy multiple copies for like with Mania. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

Oh my God guys I almost had a heart attack. I'll be joining the stream in an hour. 

It's in 20min.

Watching the TSSZ Livestream right now. Keeping my expectations in check though. I didn't watch last year's stream but all they had to show for Sonic Forces was that 30 second gameplay snippet.

We'll see.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're not going to announce Sonic Adventure 3....and I'm not even that sort of fan who wants that sort of game.....but I'm trying to imagine a Sonic game that could surpass it in hype if announced today.

Son-Amy shipping Sim?

Just now, UpCDownCLeftCRightC said:

They're not going to announce Sonic Adventure 3....and I'm not even that sort of fan who wants that sort of game.....but I'm trying to imagine a Sonic game that could surpass it in hype if announced today.

Son-Amy shipping Sim?

I wish.

20 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I really shouldn't get my hopes up for this.

Forget I said that.

4 minutes ago, UpCDownCLeftCRightC said:

Son-Amy shipping Sim?

Mania 2, in 3D.