Awoo.

Sega is teasing a new Sonic something reveal for SXSW 2018

molul

In regards of the Kart Racer debate that's going on here, Let's not cut off the "Sega" in Sonic & Sega All Stars please unless it's a Riders or On Foot Racing game.

I like my other Sega ip's too much to see that happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

There was a thread on ResetEra recently titled "Sonic All-Stars Racing 3: If It's Real, What Do You Want To See?" and everyone was posting about their favorite SEGA (non-sonic) characters and tracks... Then ZhugeEX comes and posts this:

RndVMgN.png

I think what he's implying is that either it will be Sonic-only, or it'll have a bigger Sonic focus (other IPs being an afterthought). 

Such a shame if true.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Watch it be a mobile game from Hardlight.

Or a completely watered down racer because Sega paid attention to the people who claimed ASRT was too hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/1/2018 at 9:00 PM, A person, that exists said:

I'm pretty sure that if ST brought back Crazy Gadget they would just NOT have the gravity-switching gimmick at all. 

They're be too lazy to program it.

At that point you're left with Final Rush.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

They already made a mobile racing game tho (technically)

Or a completely watered down racer because Sega paid attention to the people who claimed ASRT was too hard.

Now THAT I could see happening, and I would be very disappointed

16 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

We know Sumo is working on a Kart game, and I doubt it will be mobile only considering it's getting merchandise.

Difficulty though? Yeah, I could see it turned down a notch, but at this point it's the least of my worries. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pao said:

There was a thread on ResetEra recently titled "Sonic All-Stars Racing 3: If It's Real, What Do You Want To See?" and everyone was posting about their favorite SEGA (non-sonic) characters and tracks... Then ZhugeEX comes and posts this:

RndVMgN.png

I think what he's implying is that either it will be Sonic-only, or it'll have a bigger Sonic focus (other IPs being an afterthought). 

Such a shame if true.

Thank God. That's also how I interpreted it.

C'mon, it's kinda obvious there will be a bigger focus on Sonic this time, not only people got their favorites in ASR and ASRT (including Ristar who can't work as a playable character in a 3D game due to him being a black ball on the back), but there was a huge backlash on social media and even the Sega forums who had tons of old Sega fans but also Sonic fans (obviously), and Steve (S0L) created that famous poll about Sonic characters we'd love to see in the game, and the greatest picks were Silver, Nack, Blaze and Classic Sonic. Yeah, Nack won, I would like to see him now that Mania brought him back, but only if the established characters get in the game first, they should be the priority.

And for the record, I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for saying this, but Nack only won because the section was full of Sega fans who admitted they didn't know any Sonic characters since the 3D era started, and voted Nack because he was a forgotten underdog, even SSMB members joined that poll to make him win because they hate Silver, I remember that very well. What I'm saying is that Silver, Blaze, Vector, Espio and Rouge would have beaten Nack if that poll was on the official social media.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, what a shame if this game end up being Sonic only... wasted opportunity, as usual. Keep on disappointing, SEGA. Watch it have all your favorite zones as tracks: Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary, Death Egg and some cities. 

I hope it's a good game at least, the PS4 lacks a good kart racer.

• Thumbs Up 1

It would indeed be disappointing if this supposed upcoming game is Sonic only (unless it somehow ends up being on-foot ala Sonic R), but I'd still be happy with it. I've got enough faith in Sumo Digital and interest in Sonic in general to tide me over. Sumo would probably be keen to throw in as many wider SEGA references as possible, considering their work in the ASR games merely did Sonic-by-numbers whilst they went all on the SEGA parts.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

unless it somehow ends up being on-foot ala Sonic R

Sonic R 2 could be wildly fantastic,  a potential game which they have really kept in their pocket for a while; and now they have the newest Hedgehog Engine, access to more varied and inspired musicians than ever, an expanded fanbase across multiple platforms!  It could be very popular on Switch for example! 

• Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

Sonic R 2 could be wildly fantastic,  a potential game which they have really kept in their pocket for a while; and now they have the newest Hedgehog Engine, access to more varied and inspired musicians than ever, an expanded fanbase across multiple platforms!  It could be very popular on Switch for example! 

Sonic 2r would only work if the original singer was in it and was cheesy. The game was not a system seller granted it's fun in small chunks. pretty sure the singer passed away sadly

If it really is Sonic only... this will be the cast.

Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/Eggman: You really have to ask why?

Shadow: Because money.

Sticks: Because Sega is trying to put her in everything.

Infinite: Because Sega is desperate for us to like him. Which is why he's in the board game, he has merch out already.

Amy/Rouge/Metal Sonic/Omega: These guys are the new supporting cast.

Classic Sonic: Because Modern and Classic are now two separate characters.

Zavok: Sega thinks we like him.

Blaze/Silver: In case there's some spare memory in the character array.

That's pretty much the modern cast right now.

19 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Sonic 2r would only work if the original singer was in it and was cheesy. The game was not a system seller granted it's fun in small chunks. pretty sure the singer passed away sadly

TJ Davis is alive and well, but I don't see why she's necessary for a new Sonic R.

Hide contents

Infinite: Because Sega is desperate for us to like him. Which is why he's in the board game, he has merch out already.

Reveal hidden contents

This is a pretty good lineup, although I would put Cream, Jet, Fang, Buddy and Team Chaotix in there over Classic Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I've said before, I'll be really miffed it is Sonic-only.

But slightly less so now, because at least with SEGA dropping the ball, Ridge Racer 8's supposedly coming to give me other arcade racer good times instead. 

• Thumbs Up 3

The disappointment of not being able to race with NiGHTS is dulled a bit by the fact that I'll be able to race with Blaze.

Still sucks tho. 

18 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

This is a pretty good lineup, although I would put Cream, Jet, Fang, Buddy and Team Chaotix in there over Classic Sonic.

You might, but Sega won't.

Chaotix at the most will be Vector and if you're lucky Espio.

25 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

You consider Amy to be a supporting character instead of the main cast?

3 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

You consider Amy to be a supporting character instead of the main cast?

Sega does.

6 minutes ago, molul said:

When was the last time Amy was a playable character?

Sonic Next Gen, or Sonic Forces Speed Battle if you count spinoffs.