Awoo.

Sega is teasing a new Sonic something reveal for SXSW 2018

molul

12 hours ago, R.C. said:

@Ryannumber1gamer It's at 3:30pm CST, so it will be at 8:30pm GMT, at least from what I can tell.

Yeah , I just checked this myself its definitely 8:30PM for UK. Cant wait!

Well I'm looking forward to the new Sonic game annoucement but am not particularly interested in the Mega Drive classicb game as I still have my PS3 copy and the time works well for the announcement UK time so will definetly check it out straight away.

I don't know what people actually want to see, because I think some fans are waiting for that Mania 2, and that's it. They are afraid of the movie, they snob the IDW comics, Boom... some like it and some don't, the Sonic racing game only if it's a Sega crossover, it's normal to have tastes, but they may end up disappointed easily. I'm glad I like the other branches of the franchise.

I don't want a pointless crossover racing game!

I want a game that continues the Riders series and expand on the Babylon Rogues's story!

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m trying to stay cautiously excited about the panel. I’m definitely looking forward to anything Mania-related being announced though, whether it’s Project Plus, physical retail release, or whatever. I doubt that a new 3D Sonic game will be announced, but hey, you never know. Generations was announced shortly after Colors was released, so, it’s always possible that another team’s been secretly working on the next big game. I wouldn’t bet on it though.

If the rumored Sonic kart racing game gets announced, then that would be pretty neat. I would definitely get it when it comes out, but, I always had a hard time convincing my friends to play the Sonic All-Stars Racing games over Mario Kart, and, I don’t think that’s going to change, especially with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe being so great.

Either way, yeah, I’m definitely interested to see what they have to announce/show, but, I’m not getting my hopes up too high.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, NikoS said:

It's tomorrow!! Get :clap: your :clap: bingo :clap: cards :clap: ready :clap:

sonic@sxsw2018_bingo_card.thumb.jpg.25536ddd531662596a8c76324c8b5b30.jpg

It's saying it's n unofficial card for official panel, wayy too easy to get confused.

But it would be hilarious if nothing aforementioned happened. :D

As for the panel, I have no expectations whatsoever, people like to guess but I'm so flegmatic I'll just sit and wait, it'll come when it's time I suppose.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I just had a leak come through from Aaron Webber's next-door neighbor's goldfish.

It says every single game ever is getting added to a collection, and the reason Sonic 3 isn't in one is because they want to include it in an Angel Island Collection featuring 3, and both Adventures, with the Advance trilogy thrown in.

• Chuckle 1

If they did ever do another Sonic collection for current consoles it would be nice to have the Advance trilogy included, they were some nice solid platformers. The Rush games would be nice too but it might lose a little something if you reworked and removed the whole two screen mechanic.

For the love of all that is holy Sega Sonic Arcade, control issues or not needs to be in there too, that ones never been re-released. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm hoping for Mania physical release and I'm just going to enjoy whatever we get to see.  SXSW has not disappointed in regards to Sonic in the last two years for me. 

Alright everyone, it's time for a proper announcement now that we've got solid times. 

Assuming this is accurate, the times for the Motobug stream tomorrow of the SXSW show will be:

EST: 3:30pm 

GMT: 7:30pm 

PST: 12:30pm 

CET: 8:30pm 

As usual, Motobug will have an open playlist beforehand so people can join in early and listen to music and such leading up to the stream, and then we'll lock the playlist and begin properly at the time! 

If there's any updates, I'll announce them here or in the proper Motobug topic in the Video Games Forum. 

https://cytu.be/r/Motobug

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

9:30am Saturday morning for me, decent time, kids will have woken me long before then and I won't be worrying about work. 

Not expect that much, well except we probably get news about the movie. I won't be surprise if they will reveal a spin off like that rumored Sonic Racing Game or a remake.

2 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Not expect that much, well except we probably get news about the movie.

Not to be mean or anything, but you've said this for virtually every single event for the past year.

We are not going to get much of anything substantial at this or any event soon regarding the movie.

We do not even have a cast list for it yet, filming hasn't even begun yet. Movie news most likely isn't happening for several months at best.

8 hours ago, mikeblastdude said:

I’m trying to stay cautiously excited about the panel. I’m definitely looking forward to anything Mania-related being announced though, whether it’s Project Plus, physical retail release, or whatever.

In a very incomplete, but still interesting, way, the announcement of the MegaDrive/Genesis collection may give some indication that Project Plus does not involve adding the remastered Sonic 1 and 2 into Mania, which had received some logical speculation!  It would still be quite surprising even with the branch name having been known for a while, to receive information about what it might be in such a short time from now!  It is possibly the best name they could have chosen. 

54 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Not to be mean or anything, but you've said this for virtually every single event for the past year.

We are not going to get much of anything substantial at this or any event soon regarding the movie.

We do not even have a cast list for it yet, filming hasn't even begun yet. Movie news most likely isn't happening for several months at best.

Well, you right,  I know we are obviously not going to get a trailer for the movie, because it's still too early for that to happen. We don't know what will be reveal there. So, we will see. 

2 hours ago, Mayor D said:

SXSW will now officially do their own live stream!

Since this is an official livestream, Motobug will be using this, assuming it's on Twitch or YouTube. That said, we'll keep the TSSZ stream as a backup if we end up with any kind of disasterous repeat of the 25th anniversary stream.

16 1/2 hours are left until the panel starts. So close to the hopefully, big reveal.

This year, the panel is going to be on the "Discovery Stage" which is on the expo floor rather than in a seperate panel room upstairs. The projector screen is larger, and in the above center while the computers are on the side, somewhat hidden from view. It seems a bit grander than previous years, which is fitting if they are actually revealing a new game on this stage tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 5

I won't be home when the panel is on. Will there be a place I can have ready to watch it afterward without fear of stumbling on spoilers?