molul

Sega is teasing a new Sonic something reveal for SXSW 2018

Hold your horses.

But here are my bets for games:

- Will talk about Mania, confirm a physical release (date, content and price) AND tease a sequel reveal later this year (probably during the anniversary party or E3).

- Will talk about Forces. That's it. I doubt it will get more DLC or a sequel teasing.

- Reveal the Sonic Racing game with a trailer.

4 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

You're all going to be so disappointed.

To be fair these events never disappoint me, the whole scenario that happens around it is more than enough to please me. I'm not saying that i don't want anything announced nor that i don't have my expectations, but i enjoy the panel, the speculation and discussion around it, before and during the panel, even the bingo card, all these things that come with a panel like this, and not only whatever that they'll announce there, are what make these events worth for me.

7 minutes ago, NikoS said:

To be fair these events never disappoint me, the whole scenario that happens around it is more than enough to please me. I'm not saying that i don't want anything announced nor that i don't have my expectations, but i enjoy the panel, the speculation and discussion around it, before and during the panel, even the bingo card, all these things that come with a panel like this, and not only whatever that they'll announce there, are what make these events worth for me.

Yes , I totally get this. I love the whole build up and the panels are always entertaining. And whatever gets announced I just count it as lucky we still get anything from a 25+ year old franchise.

Disappointment is easy to avoid if you don't get caught up the hype - even if you are joining in with it.
The January Direct Mini was the closest I've come to being sucked up in the hype.

Regardless of what little we get on Sonic's future, it will be interesting to hear how Mania and Forces fared in sales, which Sega has otherwise been somewhat cagey about; and if we're lucky, I am hoping that we'll get some teasers which will at least suggest which particular rumours and theories we would be best-advised to pay attention to.

SEGA Press email confirming new projects to be announced today.

EAD1DB7A-DA27-4C34-80CB-2CFB66338ECA.thumb.png.d07a345fc9b12999c868b88e9c188aa6.png

The press blast:

SEGA to Announce New Sonic Projects at SXSW

Today at SXSW in Austin, Texas, SEGA will be hosting a panel to announce upcoming projects based on the beloved Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. The panel, titled “Gotta Go Fast: The Official Sonic the Hedgehog Panel” will take place today, March 16 at 20:30 PM GMT/ 21:30 PM CET and will be livestreamed on the official SXSW Twitch channel here: https://www.twitch.tv/sxswgaming
Panelists include Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka, Sonic Social Media Manager Aaron Webber, Sonic Product Development Director Austin Keys, Sonic Mania Animation Director Tyson Hesse and TV Animation Production Coordinator Jasmin Hernandez. The team will discuss the future of the franchise, and some exciting new projects and collaborations.

To stay current on Sonic the Hedgehog news, follow Sonic on Twitter and Instagram, like him on Facebook, and subscribe to the Twitch channel and the YouTube channel.

>projects

Hoo boy, this is gonna be interesting.

Sure it can mean pretty much anything outside of vidya, but I'm still interested in that.

I also wonder what collaborations are they gonna talk about.

1 hour ago, SaberX said:

They're going to be dissapointed somehow regardless. Thats because of half of fanbase aways put their expectations way too high.

There's some beauty in people still having high expectations after what we've seen in the latest years (except for Mania), right? :)

My expectations are high, can't deny. There will be time to be disappointed xD

31 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

About 2 hours and 20 minutes left, hopefully they announce Silver and Blaze in Sonic Boom season 3 with an overarching story.

I think you got it wrong pal, there's like 5 hours left. Isn't it?