Awoo.

Sega is teasing a new Sonic something reveal for SXSW 2018

molul

Makes sense with that comment Iizuka make on them a year ago. Mighty and Ray can come back and not disturb the modern stuff, win-win for him. 

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I mean seriously that's it. Nighty and Ray and a physical version for a 420mb game. But I guess it could be a nice shelf filler? Heck the mod community could have easily done that for free.

1 minute ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Mighty and Ray are added to Mania.... Umm who cares? sigh... could've been Amy and or Metal Sonic... But NoooOooo.... Lame.

I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed that Amy isn't playable. That would've been neat, but it might have been difficult to figure out how Classic Amy would play. She doesn't have a Pico hammer so what would she do instead? 

Sonic Mania shorts! I wish it was a tv series but with DAT ANIMATION, I can take it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, when they said 2 new characters, I totally expected Amy being one of them. Glad they went for Mighty, and don't care for the other one xD

They flat out confirm that Classic Sonic from Generations is the same Classic Sonic in Forces. Finally now those that thought otherwise can stop with thinking he was a illusion.

1 minute ago, Gabz Girl said:

I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed that Amy isn't playable. That would've been neat, but it might have been difficult to figure out how Classic Amy would play. She doesn't have a Pico hammer so what would she do instead?

Classic Amy has the Pico hammer tho. It was around at least ever since she was in Sonic The Fighters.

Mighty & Ray!! That's amazing considering how long they have been missing!! I'm sure the additions will fix up the zone transitions etc.

Even tho it's shorts and not a full series it's still exciting to have a 2D style classic animation based on the CD type design aesthetic.

This has been a great set of announcements for me so far!!

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, A sonic fan said:

wonder if we will get any modern sonic news ? :(

Doubtful I think honestly it's best to assume modern sonic is just not something Sega can pull off. 2d is as far as they can improve unless it's sumo.  give me sasrt2

1 minute ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Classic Amy has the Pico hammer tho. It was around at least ever since she was in Sonic The Fighters.

D'oh, you're right. In that case, guess it was easier to just get Mighty and Ray in as Sonic and Tails recolours. Bah.

Ahhhh I can't wait for the Sonic Mania shorts. Knuxie gets his own short and all, YESSS. <3