Awoo.

Sega is teasing a new Sonic something reveal for SXSW 2018

molul

Just the possibility of a new racing game by Sumo is already great. This generation needs a fun mascot/kart racing that isn't Mario FFS. I still think it's either SEGA or Crash, but the later is less likely, I don't think Sumo has any relation with Activision...

The prospect of a kart-racer to rival the quality and replay value of the Mario racers & CTR is rather appealing and would be a nice distraction from the underwhelming 3D Sonic games we keep getting. SUMO have proved they can deliver high quality titles on a consistent basis, so they've definitely earned the right to make another spin-off.

As for remakes; Sonic Adventure gets my vote. It has the most potential to be a successful remake; has the best gameplay for Sonic, not to mention a decent story, killer soundtrack and is definitely one of the most popular 3D Sonic games despite it's flaws. It's also looking rather dated and could do with a make-over.

I have no idea what Sonic Team would consider the best 3D game to remake, although I get the feeling they'd opt for Sonic Adventure 2. Iizuka/Sonic Team may not want to do Sonic Adventure 3 but they know how popular the Adventure games are.

As for a Heroes remake? Well look on the bright side, it could hardly turn out any worse than the original :P

I know Heroes sold well, but it's lagging behind the Adventure games (and some of the more recent ones) in terms of popularity and I just can't see it being green-light.

You know what, whilst I can't see one of the games getting a remake, I can see SEGA thinking along the lines of another "Mania", but for the Adventure games. The Mania design; new zones and re-imagined zones (regardless whether you were happy with the inclusion of re-imagines levels or not) will likely be seen to SEGA as a successful formula. So, maybe SEGA could ask Taxman to do the same thing with the Adventure games; Create a 3d game (not 2d) and re-imagine stages from Sonic Adventure & Sonic Adventure 2 such as; Emerald Coast, City Escape, Windly Valley (bring the beta version of that stage to life), Metal Harbor, Twinkle Park, Final Rush etc and also add new 3d Adventure style stages.

May sound a bit far-fetched, but it's probably more likely than any single 3D Sonic title getting a full remake. 

59 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

You know what, whilst I can't see one of the games getting a remake, I can see SEGA thinking along the lines of another "Mania", but for the Adventure games. The Mania design; new zones and re-imagined zones (regardless whether you were happy with the inclusion of re-imagines levels or not) will likely be seen to SEGA as a successful formula. So, maybe SEGA could ask Team Mania to do the same thing with the Adventure games; re-imagine stages from Sonic Adventure & Sonic Adventure 2 such as; Emerald Coast, City Escape, Windly Valley (bring the beta version of that stage to life), Metal Harbor, Twinkle Park, Final Rush etc and also add new stages.

"Sonic Adventure Mania"

May sound a bit far-fetched, but it's probably more likely than any single 3D Sonic title getting a full remake. 

I don't wanna imagine the fallout an all 2D game with Sonic Adventure levels would result in.

6 hours ago, KHCast said:

So what, he wants to kill his credibility by blatantly lying to our faces for a one time surprise? 

Yeah a Sega PR person wouldn't lie to us... again.

• Chuckle 4

@Mayor D by the way, you would know if Sumo is cooking something. I knew a thing or two back then because a friend of mine worked on Sumo Digital during Racing Transformed development, but he's no longer with them, only have worked briefly on Snake Pass.

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

@Mayor D by the way, you would know if Sumo is cooking something. I knew a thing or two back then because a friend of mine worked on Sumo Digital during Racing Transformed development, but he's no longer with them, only have worked briefly on Snake Pass.

Urn... even if I did know exactly what they were working on, I wouldn't say.

8 hours ago, KHCast said:

So what, he wants to kill his credibility by blatantly lying to our faces for a one time surprise? 

It would not be a lie, more like tongue-in-cheek misdirection.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Dizcrybe said:

I don't wanna imagine the fallout an all 2D game with Sonic Adventure levels would result in.

I meant a new 3d game not 2d. A new 3d Adventure game with new stages and re-imagined ones from Sonic Adventure 1&2.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Pao said:

It would not be a lie, more like tongue-in-cheek misdirection.

Saying “it’s not the racing game you’re thinking of” only for it to be the racing game we were thinking of seems like a pretty blatant lie, not misdirection.

3 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Yeah a Sega PR person wouldn't lie to us... again.

I’m just saying. Is it really smart to continue the act of lying? Eventually people will stop taking you at face value.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Saying “it’s not the racing game you’re thinking of” only for it to be the racing game we were thinking of seems like a pretty blatant lie, not misdirection.

But that's not what he said?

“It’s not another SART game” is pretty easy to decode . It’s clear what he meant. Any other interpretation is built on semantics.

• Thumbs Up 2

A 3rd party saying it isn’t hard proof or evidence. The dude even says to take it with a grain of salt. And doesn’t really change what Aaron said. And okay, let’s say it’s true. Well, Aaron relied on misdirecting us even if not blatantly straight up lying. Just gonna post this explaining my issue with if Aaron lied.

And knock it off with the sarcastic cheeky attitude please 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well... Remember the whole NECA incident with Crash Bandicoot? They leaked his comeback a few months before the official E3 announcement... So yeah, these toy companies!

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

A 3rd party saying it isn’t hard proof or evidence. The dude even says to take it with a grain of salt. And doesn’t really change what Aaron said. And okay, let’s say it’s true. Well, Aaron relied on misdirecting us even if not blatantly straight up lying. Just gonna post this explaining my issue with if Aaron lied.

And knock it off with the sarcastic cheeky attitude please 

There is no single hard proof, but you cannot ignore all these signs that are mounting up. When there is smoke, there is fire.

... ... Yeah I'm calling it.

Something ASR is coming.

There is utterly NO WAY that they would show ASR toys at a toyfair in 2018 unless something was in development, absolutely no way.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

... ... Yeah I'm calling it.

Something ASR is coming.

There is utterly NO WAY that they would show ASR toys at a toyfair in 2018 unless something was in development, absolutely no way.

Isn't this kind of how we got the first hints of ASRT as well back in 2012?

I'm down for another ASR, even if it's only Sonic and the SEGA side is omitted.

12 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Isn't this kind of how we got the first hints of ASRT as well back in 2012?

I'm down for another ASR, even if it's only Sonic and the SEGA side is omitted.

Toy fairs are always the weak link for video game secrecy, so much stuff has been leaked from them. Sonic has had loads of leaks in the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, I hope it's not just Sonic... The awesome thing about the All-Stars is revisiting all those good old SEGA characters and levels... Can we finally get Streets of Rage, tho'?

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, BlueParadox said:

I'm down for another ASR game. If this is real, I wonder what type of concept this game will introduce.

That's actually a good point... how they're gonna build beyond Transformed? Tag-team gameplay? Racing on walls? All these things have already being done by others... They could go back to the basic, and bring back different vehicle types (cars, bikes, planes).

To think the last game came out in 2012 is amazing to me, we're in 2018. Man, time sure flies...

2 hours ago, Jango said:

That's actually a good point... how they're gonna build beyond Transformed? Tag-team gameplay? Racing on walls? All these things have already being done by others... They could go back to the basic, and bring back different vehicle types (cars, bikes, planes).

To think the last game came out in 2012 is amazing to me, we're in 2018. Man, time sure flies...

I thought that the Transformed formula was incredible, it just wasn't polished enough.  If they polish the shit out of the next one, it'll be sheer perfection.

• Thumbs Up 2

Because it gets old fast, though im sure most would enjoy seeing 2d games only going forward.  Sega needs to learn from nintendo on making vast world games that always surprise you. As far as the transfomred games ive been trying to think of what they could do new. Unless they go the split/second route and make the stages change depending on what characters do on the stage, break building to make new routes or team based races.