Jump to content
molul

Sega is teasing a new Sonic something reveal for SXSW 2018

Recommended Posts

Just the possibility of a new racing game by Sumo is already great. This generation needs a fun mascot/kart racing that isn't Mario FFS. I still think it's either SEGA or Crash, but the later is less likely, I don't think Sumo has any relation with Activision...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The prospect of a kart-racer to rival the quality and replay value of the Mario racers & CTR is rather appealing and would be a nice distraction from the underwhelming 3D Sonic games we keep getting. SUMO have proved they can deliver high quality titles on a consistent basis, so they've definitely earned the right to make another spin-off.

As for remakes; Sonic Adventure gets my vote. It has the most potential to be a successful remake; has the best gameplay for Sonic, not to mention a decent story, killer soundtrack and is definitely one of the most popular 3D Sonic games despite it's flaws. It's also looking rather dated and could do with a make-over.

I have no idea what Sonic Team would consider the best 3D game to remake, although I get the feeling they'd opt for Sonic Adventure 2. Iizuka/Sonic Team may not want to do Sonic Adventure 3 but they know how popular the Adventure games are.

As for a Heroes remake? Well look on the bright side, it could hardly turn out any worse than the original :P

I know Heroes sold well, but it's lagging behind the Adventure games (and some of the more recent ones) in terms of popularity and I just can't see it being green-light.

 

You know what, whilst I can't see one of the games getting a remake, I can see SEGA thinking along the lines of another "Mania", but for the Adventure games. The Mania design; new zones and re-imagined zones (regardless whether you were happy with the inclusion of re-imagines levels or not) will likely be seen to SEGA as a successful formula. So, maybe SEGA could ask Taxman to do the same thing with the Adventure games; Create a 3d game (not 2d) and re-imagine stages from Sonic Adventure & Sonic Adventure 2 such as; Emerald Coast, City Escape, Windly Valley (bring the beta version of that stage to life), Metal Harbor, Twinkle Park, Final Rush etc and also add new 3d Adventure style stages.

May sound a bit far-fetched, but it's probably more likely than any single 3D Sonic title getting a full remake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

You know what, whilst I can't see one of the games getting a remake, I can see SEGA thinking along the lines of another "Mania", but for the Adventure games. The Mania design; new zones and re-imagined zones (regardless whether you were happy with the inclusion of re-imagines levels or not) will likely be seen to SEGA as a successful formula. So, maybe SEGA could ask Team Mania to do the same thing with the Adventure games; re-imagine stages from Sonic Adventure & Sonic Adventure 2 such as; Emerald Coast, City Escape, Windly Valley (bring the beta version of that stage to life), Metal Harbor, Twinkle Park, Final Rush etc and also add new stages.

"Sonic Adventure Mania"

May sound a bit far-fetched, but it's probably more likely than any single 3D Sonic title getting a full remake. 

I don't wanna imagine the fallout an all 2D game with Sonic Adventure levels would result in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mayor D by the way, you would know if Sumo is cooking something. I knew a thing or two back then because a friend of mine worked on Sumo Digital during Racing Transformed development, but he's no longer with them, only have worked briefly on Snake Pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jango said:

@Mayor D by the way, you would know if Sumo is cooking something. I knew a thing or two back then because a friend of mine worked on Sumo Digital during Racing Transformed development, but he's no longer with them, only have worked briefly on Snake Pass.

Urn... even if I did know exactly what they were working on, I wouldn't say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pao said:

It would not be a lie, more like tongue-in-cheek misdirection.

Saying “it’s not the racing game you’re thinking of” only for it to be the racing game we were thinking of seems like a pretty blatant lie, not misdirection.

3 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Yeah a Sega PR person wouldn't lie to us... again.

I’m just saying. Is it really smart to continue the act of lying? Eventually people will stop taking you at face value.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Saying “it’s not the racing game you’re thinking of” only for it to be the racing game we were thinking of seems like a pretty blatant lie, not misdirection.

 

 

But that's not what he said?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 3rd party saying it isn’t hard proof or evidence. The dude even says to take it with a grain of salt. And doesn’t really change what Aaron said. And okay, let’s say it’s true. Well, Aaron relied on misdirecting us even if not blatantly straight up lying. Just gonna post this explaining my issue with if Aaron lied.

And knock it off with the sarcastic cheeky attitude please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

A 3rd party saying it isn’t hard proof or evidence. The dude even says to take it with a grain of salt. And doesn’t really change what Aaron said. And okay, let’s say it’s true. Well, Aaron relied on misdirecting us even if not blatantly straight up lying. Just gonna post this explaining my issue with if Aaron lied.

And knock it off with the sarcastic cheeky attitude please 

There is no single hard proof, but you cannot ignore all these signs that are mounting up. When there is smoke, there is fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

... ... Yeah I'm calling it.

Something ASR is coming.

 

There is utterly NO WAY that they would show ASR toys at a toyfair in 2018 unless something was in development, absolutely no way.

Isn't this kind of how we got the first hints of ASRT as well back in 2012?

I'm down for another ASR, even if it's only Sonic and the SEGA side is omitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Isn't this kind of how we got the first hints of ASRT as well back in 2012?

I'm down for another ASR, even if it's only Sonic and the SEGA side is omitted.

Toy fairs are always the weak link for video game secrecy, so much stuff has been leaked from them. Sonic has had loads of leaks in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BlueParadox said:

I'm down for another ASR game. If this is real, I wonder what type of concept this game will introduce.

That's actually a good point... how they're gonna build beyond Transformed? Tag-team gameplay? Racing on walls? All these things have already being done by others... They could go back to the basic, and bring back different vehicle types (cars, bikes, planes).

To think the last game came out in 2012 is amazing to me, we're in 2018. Man, time sure flies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jango said:

That's actually a good point... how they're gonna build beyond Transformed? Tag-team gameplay? Racing on walls? All these things have already being done by others... They could go back to the basic, and bring back different vehicle types (cars, bikes, planes).

To think the last game came out in 2012 is amazing to me, we're in 2018. Man, time sure flies...

I thought that the Transformed formula was incredible, it just wasn't polished enough.  If they polish the shit out of the next one, it'll be sheer perfection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because it gets old fast, though im sure most would enjoy seeing 2d games only going forward.  Sega needs to learn from nintendo on making vast world games that always surprise you. As far as the transfomred games ive been trying to think of what they could do new. Unless they go the split/second route and make the stages change depending on what characters do on the stage, break building to make new routes or team based races.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.