Awoo.

Episode Shadow and Daily Bonus

big_smile

How does the Daily Bonus work in relation to Episode Shadow? I activate the daily bonus in the main game. I then immediately go and play an Episode Shadow level. But when the score totals up at the end, there is no mention of the Daily Bonus being added. Is there some trick I am missing? Thanks for any help. I'm just trying to get S rank on Shadow stages 2 & 3.

(Sorry if this isn't the right place. As it's only a small question, I hunted around for a relevant thread, but couldn't find one). 

My guess is that Daily Bonus only applies to the main game, because the main game has a missions list with a daily missions section.

Episode Shadow doesn't have a missions list, ergo there is no Daily Bonus to activate.

• Thumbs Up 3

Nope, does not add up. This is why it's so stupidly easy to get S-rank in main game, but not in his stages.

• Thumbs Up 2

Daily Bonus doesn't affect Episode Shadow, unfortunately.

Good thing I didn't need to get S Ranks to get the Episode Shadow trophies. Phew.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aahh... I see. I saw a couple of threads on other forums where people recommended using the daily bonus for Shadow S-Rank, but I guess they must be mistaken.

Darn it, getting S Rank on Shadow stages 2 & 3 is tough! 

2 minutes ago, big_smile said:

Aahh... I see. I saw a couple of threads on other forums where people recommended using the daily bonus for Shadow S-Rank, but I guess they must be mistaken.

Destroy as many enemies as you can, collect as many rings as you can, and collect as many red rings as you can. All while trying to get the fastest time.

...For levels with remixes of SA2 songs, that ends up being far too much of a coincidence how it's like getting A ranks in SA2... 

2 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

...For levels with remixes of SA2 songs, that ends up being far too much of a coincidence how it's like getting A ranks in SA2... 

The SA2 levels were much easier to A rank. (Or maybe I am just too old now!)

Just now, big_smile said:

The SA2 levels were much easier to A rank. (Or maybe I am just too old now!)

I'm in the process of trying to 100% SA2, and believe me, some stages are real sons of bitches to A rank. Metal Harbour and Green Forest, I look at you two.

10 minutes ago, big_smile said:

Watch youtube video, copy moves perfectly. That's how I did it.

10 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

I'm in the process of trying to 100% SA2, and believe me, some stages are real sons of bitches to A rank. Metal Harbour and Green Forest, I look at you two.

I haven't played SA2 since the original DC & GC release. I don't remember it being too hard to A Rank. I think it was slightly easier because of the gold bot that gave point bonus. Although of course,  it could be that the pain has just fallen out of my memories after all this time!

So THAT'S why I'm having such a hard time getting S-ranks in Episode Shadow. For goodness sake... Welp, guess I'll just have to get good at the game, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2018. 02. 08. at 11:16 PM, Polkadi said:

As someone who plays those stages almost daily just to relax a little and always get an A-rank, I don't feel they are hard stages at all, in fact they are the easier ones. Of course, you have to know where and how to get the bonus points to get a high enough score for the A-rank, and once you know those, it all seems a lot easier.

Spoiler

Tho I admit, getting that 1500 Extreme bonus getting to the top of the Rocket in Metal Harbour and getting the 1000 Awesome bonus at the bungee part in Green Forest is a bit tricky.

• Thumbs Up 1