Awoo.

my Sonic time line idea

Sonicstitch

I have created this Sonic timeline to illustrate how Classic Sonic can both be from the past and an alternate dimension. Timeline one shows the main Cannon games referenced in Sonic Generations. I also added Sonic 4 for reference. I know there are some games I did not include But seeing as how I haven't played many of those I was unsure how to fit them in. I've honestly never played Sonic Colors I do not own a Wii or a Wii U. I'm hoping for a PC or switch port. anyway you can see I placed Sonic o-6 in a loop. Basically the events happen but they have no consequences on the timeline. Now for time traveling Classic Sonic. I originally made the assumption that Classic Sonic came from sometime after S3&K. The reason being that classic Tails in Generations seems to know Classic Sonic. I realiz that classic Sonic is pulled out of Green Hill, but Generations Green Hill is different than the original, It contains some Emerald Hill elements. I made the assumption that Sonic has returned to Green hill and things have changed. Now here is the weird part. After Generations Classic Sonic and Tails go home. but they would have remembered meeting their modern selves. This would cause changes and create a paradox, that could destroy all the games after S3&K, to prevent this the powers that control time (AKA Sonic team) Classic Sonic and classic Tails are copied. The timeline splits, one Classic Sonic and Tails remember Generations and one completely forget and go on to fulfill the events of timeline one. in Timeline to Sonic Mania happens, and so Classic Sonic gets sucked into Sonic forces.

https://c.gmx.com/@562925481498778205/cwCDxfYZSjOpwzbkj_A8bQ

@Sonicstitch We don't allow image-only posts, so please edit your post and add some text. Thanks. If you don't, this topic will likely end up locked.

Well er...still not great, to be perfectly honest? We generally expect more than a couple sentences for an opening post of a topic. It would be a big improvement if you specifically explained what was happening in the timeline. I know it's not incredibly complex or anything, but it would still be more helpful and would help get the discussion going. Opening posts are supposed to launch discussions and this doesn't really do that. It's just "here's a thing".

6 hours ago, Sonicstitch said:

This is a timeline idea i came up with.
it somewhat explains how Classic Sonic  can be from the past in Generations and an alternate dimension in forces.

DIc63QQW4AAwQcJ.jpg:large 

Actually I don´t necessarily think that Mania happened after the Classic Sonic came back from Generations. 
I bet that Taxman and Stealth could make Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 remakes because SEGA had a small side-plan with it.

Think about it, Generations starts with Classic Sonic in Green Hill Zone (Sonic 1 flashback)... then Classic Tails suddenly appears, after Classic Sonic defeats Death Egg Robot in the limbo. And at the end BOTH went back to Green Hill Zone. That´s why the existence of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 remasters is justified.

Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) remake won´t happen because:
1) There are legal issues with music (maybe)

2) There is no need for it as there won´t be anything particularly different. 

If you think it´s not right, try it this way... Eggman at the end said that "I used my discovery to UNDO my previous defeats"... as the first documented defeat is in Sonic the Hedgehog, Classic Sonic sure has to be from just before the first duel with Eggman.

16 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Well er...still not great, to be perfectly honest? We generally expect more than a couple sentences for an opening post of a topic. It would be a big improvement if you specifically explained what was happening in the timeline. I know it's not incredibly complex or anything, but it would still be more helpful and would help get the discussion going. Opening posts are supposed to launch discussions and this doesn't really do that. It's just "here's a thing".

Okay I have updated my first post.
 Sorry for that short  post but I was tied up at the time and didn't have time to write the good one.
 I hope my new ones a lot better.

16 minutes ago, Sonicstitch said:

Okay I have updated my first post.
 Sorry for that short  post but I was tied up at the time and didn't have time to write the good one.
 I hope my new ones a lot better.

Yes it is. Thank you :)

....Yeah, seems about right. Not sure about Sonic CD, but no one can agree when that game took place (and putting spin-off would just mess with clarity)

So, in your theory, how did Tails instantly recognise Classic as coming from a different dimension rather than the past?

36 minutes ago, FFWF said:

So, in your theory, how did Tails instantly recognise Classic as coming from a different dimension rather than the past?

Hmm, I guess this timeline would work better if there was one line that after Sonic 3 splits into 2 (kinda like Zelda Timeline)

Well, they do know it's the same guy as the one from Generations. Apparently everyone off-screen had this conversation:

"Hey, Tails. If younger me just had this awesome adventure with us, why don't I remember any of it?"

"Good question Sonic. I guess after we caused timeline split and the guy we just meet will grow up into a different person than you, living in different timeline/dimension."

"So there is two of me now? Cool, twice the awesomeness!"

And then they went for chili dogs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah that's a pretty good idea.
 yeah I meant for it to be one time line that split.
 but I sort of Drew that part wrong.  I did it in MS paint  not the easiest thing to work
 with for something so complicated.

update I added a second timeline.

I feel like Next Gen should be in its own timeline. Everything about the blue Chaos Emerald in that game contradicts what was established before.

2 hours ago, ElectroKyurem said:

I feel like Next Gen should be in its own timeline. Everything about the blue Chaos Emerald in that game contradicts what was established before.

If we removed games that contradict themselves, we would stare into a void ;p.

Although I have one terrifying theory how it works.

Imagine that chronologically Sonic had a bunch of adventures that we never seen  (but they didn't involve Super Sonic), then Sonic 06 happened, and THEN due to butterfly effect last 10 years change immeasurably and Sonic 1 happened (then 2,3, Adventure, etc).

So yes, what if Sonic 06 is actually the very first game in a timeline (obviously Shadow or Knuckles are around, so Sonic 3 and Adventure 2 happened, but in vastly different, definitely without super forms)