Awoo.

Is Shadow Faster Than Sonic?

ClassicKnuckles

If you count teleportation, Chaos Control, etc., then yes. If not, Sonic is still faster overall. 

On the subject of Chaos Control, if Shadow can stop time and teleport, why does he even need to move as fast as Sonic? That treads deep into Mary Sue territory.

1 minute ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

On the subject of Chaos Control, if Shadow can stop time and teleport, why does he even need to move as fast as Sonic? That treads deep into Mary Sue territory.

Gameplay and thematic reasons. Same reasons SA2 put Tails in a mech and had Rouge able to glide but not fly despite being a bat, but moreso because Sonic and Shadow were the main characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm crazy theory about Shadow shoes (and even I don't believe it, just throwing it into the air): what if those aren't shoes. What if Shadow is a cyborg?

Sounds cheesy, but keep in mind that Biolizard is cyborgs, with metallic part grafted into his body. Gerald wanted to created ultimate life form, but it didn't came out as fast as GUN wanted, so he was forced to tweak with it. And that's why Shadow has rocket shoes that 1) don't require refueling 2) he can control fire output without any remote.

It would be elegant solution to "Is Shadow that fast only thanks to shoes?" debate, but it's reaching and kinda gruesome. I mean, Biolizard has implants to keep him alive, not for speed boost.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Hmm crazy theory about Shadow shoes (and even I don't believe it, just throwing it into the air): what if those aren't shoes. What if Shadow is a cyborg?

There quite a few folks who believe something like that is this case , however shadow can change his shoes, but I would make for an interesting AU if you wanted to write some fiction.  Not to crazy to go that route mentally

Sounds cheesy, but keep in mind that Biolizard is cyborgs, with metallic part grafted into his body. Gerald wanted to created ultimate life form, but it didn't came out as fast as GUN wanted, so he was forced to tweak with it. And that's why Shadow has rocket shoes that 1) don't require refueling 2) he can control fire output without any remote.

It would be elegant solution to "Is Shadow that fast only thanks to shoes?" debate, but it's reaching and kinda gruesome. I mean, Biolizard has implants to keep him alive, not for speed boost.

To be fair this is a franchise for children and he has the rocket boots because its sick is as elegant as it needs to be. However there is already an elegant solution.

They aren't rocket boots. Shadow is the rocket. Shadow is effectively doing this 

LqU_8Q.gif

Every time he runs. His shoes are just designed so he doesn't burn through his shoes. Its to focus the chaos control so he can run. And this lines up with Gerald literally giving shadow "Weighted" bracelets so he doesn't over use his chaos control burning himself out. This would also explain why when sonic boots he runs, and why when shadow boots he flies.

This is a theory I had for quite sometime I wish was canon, and Hope it is.

11 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

So Shadow is Astro Boy :V

More of zero imo

4 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Gameplay and thematic reasons. Same reasons SA2 put Tails in a mech and had Rouge able to glide but not fly despite being a bat, but moreso because Sonic and Shadow were the main characters.

I guess that's valid given that Shadow was meant to be a dark counterpart to Sonic.

Lancelot got chaos powers from his sword I think, the swords granted Sonic a "super form" so I don't see why not.

Thing is IF Shadow is supposed to be even as fast as Sonic, I don't exactly think he is seen being so.

In games Shadows' playing running speed is either equal or less than Sonic's.

Shadow hasn't been seen dissapearing in a flash without literally teleporting or stopping time. If Shadow prefers not to and prefers to rely on physical strength, then he might as well not be as fast anyway.