Awoo.

Sonic 1 Popped-up at my SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Collection without I buying it.

Solister

Hey people! As you probably know SEGA's Make War Not Love is ready to start this Wednesday (14), and for those who already subscribed to the service are owning free copies of Streets of Rage 2 and The Revenge of Shinobi in their games collection. However, searching for games onto my collection, I found Sonic 1 as a owned game, but it's not listed on the games list. I mean, if you don't know SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Collection works with games being DLCs for the emulator, and those DLCs are listed at the main page of the game at Steam, and Sonic 1 isn't there. Trying to be clearer, those are the games I have at the Collection:

• Golden Axe
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Shining Force
  • Alien Soldier
  • Golden Axe II
  • Comix Zone
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • The Revenge of Shinobi

If I start the game by itself (Not using the Simple Launcher/Going to the bedroom), Sonic 1 doesn't appear as a playable game, but if I use the Simple Launcher the game appears there. Intrigued with the fact, I decided to check the SEGA Classics folder, and found that the game was created in December, 24 quite earlier then 11:00 p.m. Does SEGA gave Sonic 1 as a Christmas gift and I wasn't knowing? I didn't received any notification at Steam or by e-mail warning about that game. I know a few people owned the game with the delay of Sonic Mania, but I didn't bought it a the Pre-Order (In fact I even bought the game yet).

By the way, I'm just owning with that, but I would like to know, did one else owned Sonic 1 without even knowing?

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you pre-order Sonic Mania on Steam? SEGA gifts those who did a free copy of Sonic the Hedgehog 1 as an apology for Mania's delay.

3 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

Did you pre-order Sonic Mania on Steam? SEGA gifts those who did a free copy of Sonic the Hedgehog 1 as an apology for Mania's delay.

No, in fact I even bought Sonic Mania yet (I wrote on the topic). I think it was an unwarned Christmas gift, but I didn't saw anyone talking about this on the web. And is the game by itself, is not a hack from the workshop.