Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

The long-awaited revival of one of the best PS1 platforming mascots has finally arrived. Where Crash got his trilogy last year, Spyro is getting his turn this year! After numerous leaks and false starts, the trailer for the long-awaited remaster has finally dropped. 

Remastering the original three titles in the series - Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer, and Year of the Dragon, the game looks to be boasting the same updates that Crash received last year. A full visual update using the original game's level design as a baseline, likely remastered/remixed music, small quality of life changes to overall make the games more accessible to new players. 

Other details include the Spyro 1 designs getting an overhaul, making the enemies look less like a joke, and it seems like Tom Kenny is coming back to voice Spyro (The "Uh" sound Spyro makes sounds extremely similar to his Spyro 2 voice) 

Spoiler

On top of that, it appears to be releasing in September 2018 and will be out on both PS4 and Xbox One, as opposed to a year exclusivity deal that Crash had. I'll update the topic when there's more info.

Edited by Tornado
Topic title edited to reflect new developments.
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

reliable sources

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Kotaku

That's a good one, but I digress. I'm all and well looking forward to the return of the proper looks and update evolved feel of Spyro with his soul put back into him if this is true!

• Thumbs Up 1

This is the aformentioned Kotatu article:

According to multiple sources familiar with the project, Activision is currently working on a Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remaster, which will be announced in March 2018 and released in Q3 2018.

The trilogy remaster will, much like the highly successful Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, feature new assets, lighting, animations and cinematics, as well as a remastered soundtrack. It will also feature updates to the save feature, much like occurred in the Crash remaster (which replaced the original games' password feature with something much more user friendly). The remaster will include Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage!, and Year of the Dragon, and there is the tantalising promise of some content cut from the original releases of those games.

The Spyro remaster will be announced for PS4, with PS4 Pro support, sometime in March 2018, and will be releasing in Q3 2018. One source suggested that September would be the launch month, which would be in line with Spyro the Dragon's 20th anniversary.

While this detail will not be part of the announcement in March, the game will be a one-year timed exclusive for PS4, before being ported to other systems in 2019. Apparently, the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is tied to similar one year exclusivity window, so expect to see multiple ports of that in 2018.

Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remastered is currently under development by Vicarious Visions, the same studio who handled Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy. Given the bandicoot's success, this release makes a lot of sense – soon enough we'll see whether the dinky purple dragon is remembered quite as fondly.

Please be true. Please be true. PLEASE BE TRUE

Image result for please be true gif

• Thumbs Up 1

>Kotaku
>terrible article presentation
>Laura Kate Dale

This should be moved to general rumor thread until an eventual confirmation.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have as many fond memories of Spyro as I do Crash, so this better not just be a rumor. You can't have a successful Crash remaster and then leave the little purple dragon out in the cold.

I'll believe it when I see it. Never trusted rumors before, too many disappointments.

BUT HOLY FUCK HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO PUNISH ME FOR CHOOSING THE XBOX ONE LIFE I'm crying.

The idea that Kotaku are unreliable when one of the most popular memes surrounding them is that "they cancel/delay/etc games" because they're so often on the money before news of such breaks is... odd. I know Kotaku aren't particularly well-liked, but they've got a good track record with rumours and leaks. 

Anyway, didn't play much Spyro but I might give this a look. 

• Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

>Kotaku
>terrible article presentation
>Laura Kate Dale

This should be moved to general rumor thread until an eventual confirmation.

She’s been right about Mario x Rabbids and Untul Dawn RoB, and a few other things, are we really still putting her as not credible?

20 minutes ago, KHCast said:

She’s been right about Mario x Rabbids and Untul Dawn RoB, and a few other things, are we really still putting her as not credible?

She doesn't have as a good track record as the Resetera usual like Ryce, that's for sure. She's been wrong before, to the point where her strategy comes off as more spit-balling than a legit track record of leaks.

http://aggrogamer.com/article/5462/Even-More-Rumors-About-Beyond-Good--Evil-2-Now--Claim-Its-A-Switch-Timed-Exclusive
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/819797468032315393

She's also been wrong on countless other things she rumored about. Goes without saying when your strategy is to throw rumors with a tommygun hoping something hits correctly.

Mod edit: one link has been removed, see forthcoming moderator post

Edited by Zaysho
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

She doesn't have as a good track record as the Resetera usual like Ryce, that's for sure. She's been wrong before.

I'd be hard-pressed to find a leaker who's 100% right - that, and AFAIK Ryce only leaked one thing and that was the MvCi roster (and other bits relating solely to MvCi). Bit hard to have a loss with one guess compared to the amount Laura's made.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah and considering the things she’s gotten right, it shouldn’t be written off either.  Like who just randomly spitballs a on rails until dawn game?

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

I'd be hard-pressed to find a leaker who's 100% right - that, and AFAIK Ryce only leaked one thing and that was the MvCi roster (and other bits relating solely to MvCi). Bit hard to have a loss with one guess compared to the amount Laura's made. 

Bruh, he'd leaked plenty before then. That's the main reason his leak was considered highly credible in the first place. :U

So basically, 50/50 chance.

I mean, I think it's closer to the side of happening. It only makes sense to keep Crash's success going with another title, not to mention the other things that was leaking from around November. 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Yeah and considering the things she’s gotten right, it shouldn’t be written off either. 

Hence why it's best placed as a General rumor as @Teoskaven so elegantly put it in the first place.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Bruh, he'd leaked plenty before then. That's the main reason his leak was considered highly credible in the first place. :U

All I'm finding is stuff relating to MvCi - that, or him just compiling leaks by others for SFV. Ties into my point, because either way having a contact at a single company (Capcom) is more likely to net you consistent guesses than the breadth of stuff Laura's covered.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So basically, 50/50 chance.

I mean, I think it's closer to the side of happening. It only makes sense to keep Crash's success going with another title, not to mention the other things that was leaking from around November. 

I dunno. With the news of Switch and PC ports for the Crash Bandicoot, those came from actual articles. First-hand information essentially. Not a second-hand source from the words of a leaker who doesn't have the best of track records, to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Wich also turned out to be incomplete but with that happening after the damage was done.

Bottomline, stuff like this don't deserve personal threads until confirmed properly. Not when there's a general one or already ones dedicated to the subject matter in general. Like in this case, isn't there a general Spyro thread or something?

1 minute ago, Teoskaven said:

Wich also turned out to be incomplete but with that happening after the damage was done.

Well the info being incomplete isn't the main point of comparison. It hit the accuracy point further, hence why more peopler were confident in his leaks then people altogether are with Laura's varying on each situation. But I digress.

I don't think having a thread to discuss a rumour such as this is too bad. They emphasise this news comes from multiple sources in the post, and it's not like there's very long to find out - it's supposedly due for announcement in March. It wouldn't exactly be out of the left-field either. 

Goes without saying when your strategy is to throw rumors with a tommygun hoping something hits correctly.

"A Mario and Rabbids strategy game" isn't much of a random flail. :v 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yet still makes you unreliable if you manage to get 1 of your infos right every 25 practically on a constant basis

“A on rails until dawn game where you’re on a roller coaster” I remember when people doubted that also and wrote it off. And even the devs officially stated she lied. Idk I’m willing to believe her here. Don’t know why she’s lie 

8 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Yet still makes you unreliable if you manage to get 1 of your infos right every 25 practically on a constant basis

Since Sept 2017 she joined the site, Laura has reported on two rumours. One of which is the Spyro one today.

The other was Dark Souls Remastered, which turned out to be correct.

It seems more likely to me she's responded to the spottier record by only reporting on stuff she's most confident in - if anything, giving this rumour more credibility. 

6 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Since Sept 2017, Laura has reported on two rumours. One of which is the Spyro one today.

The other was Dark Souls Remastered, which turned out to be correct.

It seems more likely to me she's responded to the spottier record by only reporting on stuff she's most confident in - if anything, giving this rumour more credibility. 

One out of two since? In that case, it's wiser to wait and see if this one actually works out for her before proclaiming she's improved. 

Also, in the Dark Souls case,  she was far from the only one to leak that one, let alone the first.

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

One out of two since? In that case, it's wiser to wait and see if this one actually works out for her before proclaiming she's improved. 

Also in the Dark Souls case,  she was far from the only one to leak that one, let alone the first.

There were no solid leaks for Dark Souls before hers, afaik - it was more just safely assumed it'd happen due to FROM being on the chart of partners. I think there was chatter of them testing Dark Souls III on it, mind.

Even if not the first, LKD was the first with any kind of accuracy - right down to the announcement timing.