Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me, but then it also raises the question of why they could afford Raiden and Dante as opposed to Crash and Spyro if the pricing wasn't that different. There's just too many different circumstances between then and now to accurately determine if it's a lie or not. Right now, it can go either way, although I lean more towards it being high-pricing because Activision being Activision would likely squeeze as much money as they could get due to not having an advertising stake in the whole thing.

I think with Raiden and Dante it's exactly as you said, the third parties weren't as pricey because the promise of advertising was strong. While Activision having nothing to gain outside of royalties, asked a price above the normal third party pricing, but still relatively reasonable, but Sony held on to the budget they gave the team instead of adding a bit more just for this case (And probably to save face, because if word got out, the other third party owners would probably want to raise their own price.) and basically rejected the offer.

It could very well be Activision being Activision, like you said, but the more you look into the messy development of the game, the more you see how it could go both ways.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me, but then it also raises the question of why they could afford Raiden and Dante

Oh that's easy to explain. SOny had tighter ties at the time with their respective companies and franchises. Heck, Metal Gear Solid 4 which featured Raiden prominently is still a Sony exclusive to this day. Capcom were also notably desperate given their condition at the time as well, so that probably also sweetened the deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like this has gotten a little too far off-topic regarding Reignited Trilogy. Can we re-rail this topic away from unsubstantiated rumors and Playstation All-Stars talk?

And secondly, let's not post unsubstantiated rumors here or in the Smash thread regarding Crash's or Spyro's inclusion.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Absolutely 2

Alright. My bad. 

So the Trilogy, huh? Chances of a E3 trailer that show us some Spyro 2 at least? God I hope so. 

New concept art from Spyro Reignited Trilogy featuring Dark Hollow.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey guys the long awaited, rumored Spyro and Sparx Funko Pop figures have officially been announced.

• Thumbs Up 1

More Spyro Reignited Trilogy art plus there are more companies releasing Spyro merchandise on Sept 21st

• Thumbs Up 3

Classic Crash right next to Classic Spyro. I'm sorry, but.. s-something is leaking over here :,) You know, for all the shit Activision has pulled off over the years... This moment was worth waiting to see, I suppose.

After all these years, they're back.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Classic Crash right next to Classic Spyro.

Eh? Where are you seeing that? Unless you're referring to their remastered looks. 

Just now, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

Eh? Where are you seeing that? Unless you're referring to their remastered looks. 

I would assume so, Remastered looks is more or less the classic designs brought up to snuff with current graphical hardware. 

1 hour ago, Jango said:

You know, for all the shit Activision has pulled off over the years... This moment was worth waiting to see, I suppose.

Nothing will ever justify Activision's historic load of bullshit, and I'm still waiting to see a Crash Twinsanity revival as well as new games beyond to see to it that Activision don't run the series both into the ground again. 

I won't deny though,  it's good to see them back.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I would assume so, Remastered looks is more or less the classic designs brought up to snuff with current graphical hardware. 

Eh. I guess they just look different enough that calling them classic seemed a bit iffy,  but I digress.

lol Jova, you really won't let me have it, I know you love me, but don't need to quote and argue my every comment xD It's their original look as in how they've looked in the original games, not Titans, not Skylanders. With obviously the remakes' touch-ups and graphical improovements, but duh :V 

Well, well what do we have here? More pre-order bonuses for Spyro Reignited Trilogy as well as a pre-order bonus for Crash on other platforms.

• Thumbs Up 1

It now seems Gamestop has a new weekend event for June 29th featuring Crash and Spyro.

Looks beautiful. Sounds good. Gameplay and camera movement appears fluid. Can't wait to see more!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, AlphaRuby said:

A little preview of Stone Hill.

Now I never played the original Spyro 1, but this looks fantastic and its our first good look at how the game plays. Despite its 18 second length this gameplay is Blazing hot.

Ow ow, looks and sounds very nice! Man, this is a colorful game! I love it. Too bad they've changed the gem sound a little, but eh. It's like complaining about the different breaking sound the crates do in NST.

Can't wait for more. Come on E3.

Oh, I didn't notice that video even had sound yesterday. Guess I'm used to game dev twitter videos that are silent for one reason or another.

I'm actually really disappointed the gem sound isn't the same. Sure, if that of all things is the only thing I've seen so far that bothers me that's a good sign, but still...

I'm not complaining about the gem sound, I actually like it. Like I said I never played the original so it doesn't really matter to me.

Also heres someone else who is Not complaining.

Also someone else