Ryannumber1gamer

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me, but then it also raises the question of why they could afford Raiden and Dante as opposed to Crash and Spyro if the pricing wasn't that different. There's just too many different circumstances between then and now to accurately determine if it's a lie or not. Right now, it can go either way, although I lean more towards it being high-pricing because Activision being Activision would likely squeeze as much money as they could get due to not having an advertising stake in the whole thing.

I think with Raiden and Dante it's exactly as you said, the third parties weren't as pricey because the promise of advertising was strong. While Activision having nothing to gain outside of royalties, asked a price above the normal third party pricing, but still relatively reasonable, but Sony held on to the budget they gave the team instead of adding a bit more just for this case (And probably to save face, because if word got out, the other third party owners would probably want to raise their own price.) and basically rejected the offer.

It could very well be Activision being Activision, like you said, but the more you look into the messy development of the game, the more you see how it could go both ways.

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me, but then it also raises the question of why they could afford Raiden and Dante

Oh that's easy to explain. SOny had tighter ties at the time with their respective companies and franchises. Heck, Metal Gear Solid 4 which featured Raiden prominently is still a Sony exclusive to this day. Capcom were also notably desperate given their condition at the time as well, so that probably also sweetened the deal.

Alright. My bad. 

So the Trilogy, huh? Chances of a E3 trailer that show us some Spyro 2 at least? God I hope so. 

Classic Crash right next to Classic Spyro. I'm sorry, but.. s-something is leaking over here :,) You know, for all the shit Activision has pulled off over the years... This moment was worth waiting to see, I suppose.

After all these years, they're back.

Just now, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

Eh? Where are you seeing that? Unless you're referring to their remastered looks. 

I would assume so, Remastered looks is more or less the classic designs brought up to snuff with current graphical hardware. 

1 hour ago, Jango said:

You know, for all the shit Activision has pulled off over the years... This moment was worth waiting to see, I suppose.

Nothing will ever justify Activision's historic load of bullshit, and I'm still waiting to see a Crash Twinsanity revival as well as new games beyond to see to it that Activision don't run the series both into the ground again. 

I won't deny though,  it's good to see them back.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I would assume so, Remastered looks is more or less the classic designs brought up to snuff with current graphical hardware. 

Eh. I guess they just look different enough that calling them classic seemed a bit iffy,  but I digress.

lol Jova, you really won't let me have it, I know you love me, but don't need to quote and argue my every comment xD It's their original look as in how they've looked in the original games, not Titans, not Skylanders. With obviously the remakes' touch-ups and graphical improovements, but duh :V 

Ow ow, looks and sounds very nice! Man, this is a colorful game! I love it. Too bad they've changed the gem sound a little, but eh. It's like complaining about the different breaking sound the crates do in NST.

Can't wait for more. Come on E3.

Oh, I didn't notice that video even had sound yesterday. Guess I'm used to game dev twitter videos that are silent for one reason or another.

I'm actually really disappointed the gem sound isn't the same. Sure, if that of all things is the only thing I've seen so far that bothers me that's a good sign, but still...