Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

Nice to hear (loved his take on Hunter), but that sadly doesn't confirm anything. A few of the original team actually wanted to come back for N Sane but weren't offered. It depends what direction they want to take. If they go the same direction voices-wise as N Sane I can see them trying to at least get an actor who has done the character in the past, if maybe not in those particular games, hence many thinking Jess Harnel or Josh Keaton for Spyro since they are one of his contemporary actors for either era (I doubt they'll get Elijah Wood). :P

I'd love to hear Pamela Hayden reprise Bianca (though preferably with her original voice instead of her helium take from Enter the Dragonfly), though given how much we hear about The Simpsons actors' demands in wages, I can see that being a task.

In Japan actually, I believe the voice acting profession is taken just as seriously as standard acting.

It must be true because Activision and Vicarious Visions hasn’t been denying it at all. Gregg Berger, Tom Kenny, and Carlos Alazraqui has been doing Skylanders, I’m sure they would be offered to reprise their roles in the original trilogy. :) 

On 2/14/2018 at 6:00 PM, Eurisko said:

Say's a lot about the current state of gaming.

Did you just completely miss 2017?

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Did you just completely miss 2017?

No, no I didn't. There was a ton of remakes/remasters last year and more to come this year.

19 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

No, no I didn't. There was a ton of remakes/remasters last yearend more to come this year.

There were also mostly a bunch of great new games like Zelda, Mario, Horizon, Persona 5, NiER, Wolfenstein 2, Assassin's Creed Origins, Cuphead, Prey, Resident Evil 7, Injustice 2, Hellblade, Hollow Knight, Night in the Woods, Snake Pass, Divinity: Original Sin 2 and so much more.

Yes, there were plenty of ports, remasters and remakes last year, like every year, but saying it's indicative of the current state of gaming is ridiculous.

I wonder tho', if they will contact Stewart Copeland to remix his soundtrack... VV kinda lost a few points (with me at least) by not even giving Josh Mancell a call during the N. Sane Trilogy development, and he wanted to compose for the remakes... I'm not so sure if Copeland would too, but mostly due to his agenda. I believe he's somewhat proud or at least fond of his work in Spyro, so yeah.

Not that Vicarious Visions' sound team isn't good, but at least with Crash, they didn't quite got there.

Speaking of Crash, will the Switch and PC versions come exactly as they are on the PS4, or with the glitches/bugs and suggestions (the physics, hit box...) patched in? I wonder... Probably some glitches will be patched, but the demand to change the jump, hit box... I doubt.

13 hours ago, Marcello said:

There were also mostly a bunch of great new games like Zelda, Mario, Horizon, Persona 5, NiER, Wolfenstein 2, Assassin's Creed Origins, Cuphead, Prey, Resident Evil 7, Injustice 2, Hellblade, Hollow Knight, Night in the Woods, Snake Pass, Divinity: Original Sin 2 and so much more.

Yes, there were plenty of ports, remasters and remakes last year, like every year, but saying it's indicative of the current state of gaming is ridiculous.

Not at all dude. There were some great non remaster or re-releases like you said but what I'm trying to point out is its not just about the remakes etc. My comment:" says a lot about the current state of gaming" ,was meant to point out there is a clear lack of origininal IP's in general. For example look at your list you made , most of them are sequels.

Having a Spyro Re-master is no bad thing , I'm praying it happens. Remaster and Re-releases sell like mad no doubt which is why there is that trend right now, and if they're selling there's no way that could be "indicative".

Well, I think that the original trilogy are kinda alright on their own and don't need any remakes. You know what does tho?

Spyro: enter the dragonfly.

Just think about it: the thing was never finished and probably has a lot of unused concepts. Not to mention that it looks ugly af, so a graphical update will be more welcome here. Like, if Activision will fix it up a lil bit, add some new levels and actually make us fight Crush and Gulp instead of just killing them off in one cutscene, then I'm pretty sure ETD would get a great second chance to shine as a Spyro 4. 

On 2/22/2018 at 11:30 PM, PC the Hedgehog said:

I would be so cool with that. Hard to imagine Ripto WITHOUT Greg Berger's voice.

I agree!

The game wouldn’t feel nostalgia without him, Tom Kenny, Carlos Alazraquiand other the old cast.

You're an amusing fella, the original Spyro, just like the original Crash, is the weakest of the trilogy, for like... Everyone. Year of the Dragon, tho'. Best 3D platformer on the PS1.

Eh i didnt care much for Year of the Dragon. It fell into the trap that many platformer series fell into on  the third game, reliance on alternate gameplay styles that ranged from passable to pure trash.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, Jango said:

You're an amusing fella, the original Spyro, just like the original Crash, is the weakest of the trilogy, for like... Everyone. Year of the Dragon, tho'. Best 3D platformer on the PS1.

Seriously? Haha I figured people loved 1. It was my fav. My fav crash is by far 2. I think

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jango said:

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Seriously? Haha I figured people loved 1. It was my fav. My fav crash is by far 2. I think

I agree that Crash 1 (of the original trilogy) was the weakest. Crash 2 is by far the strongest. With CTR followed by Crash 3 somewhere in-between.

As for the Spyro Trilogy. I played Spyro 1 first, then Year of the Dragon followed by Gateway to Glimmer, and I still find Spyro 2 to be my favorite by a mile.

Much like Crash 2, Spyro 2 found the winning formula. Presentation, difficulty, level & hub design is superbly balanced. Spyro 3 is just more of the same, with a weaker story & presentation and a bit too much padding. Don't get me wrong it has some nice additions. The "skate-park" arenas are really cool and the being able to play as other characters is interesting, if at times a real pace-breaker.

Spyro 1 is a more polished better designed game than Crash 1 was, which is why Spyro 1 is more liked than Crash 1. 

I rate them as Spyro 2 > Spyro 1 > Spyro 3. Make no mistake, Spyro 3 is a good game, but honestly Spyro 1 is more fun to play through than Spyro 3.

It's a fantastic trilogy. If they're remaking it then I'm very excited.

3 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

Eh i didnt care much for Year of the Dragon. It fell into the trap that many platformer series fell into on  the third game, reliance on alternate gameplay styles that ranged from passable to pure trash.

Funnily enough I don't recall any of them being pure trash. I remember Agent 9's stages were hard, tho', but not unbearable. Some minigames were kinda stiff, I admit. But you gotta agree that the skateboard was great, huh? :D

Now that I think about it, I was never a huge fan of Sparx's levels...

Also, Spyro 3's soundtrack is so sweet.

I admit to thinking Spyro 1 was the most fun to me. I know it's a downgrade from the others, but I liked the simplicity and the more mystical aesthetics.

2 and 3 had more of a side quest within a side quest format with you talking to loads of NPCs and tons of gameplay switches, and the ambience was replaced with more of a saccharine cartoon setup.

It's odd because I could argue this is the exact same evolution as the Crash trilogy and yet 3 is my favourite in that case (maybe it's because most of the gameplay switches are more like fast mini games that don't break the pace as much). With that in mind N Sane did make many improvements to 1, so maybe the same will be done in Spyro's case.

4 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

You know I actually completely agree with this, and yet Year of the Dragon is my fav Spyro just cuz the good parts are so good.

20 hours ago, Crimson said:

I swear to goodness, if this remasters are of Call of Duty or the first Skylanders game ("Spyro's Adventure"), we're going to have problems. ;U

Don't you dare even thinking about this possibility. If the rumors are true, and we only heard rumors about Spyro (that I know of), the only choice is Spyro. Is there any rumors about CoD or other Activision game being remastered? 

If I recall correctly, there were rumors of Modern Warfare 2 remastered. Doesn’t mean it can be one or the other, though. Both Spyro and COD can get remaster.

Unless they're doing to Crash what Nintendo did to Mario during the GBA-DS original era, I can see this being Spyro.

If it's either though, I guess I can't really lose.