Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

34 minutes ago, Jango said:

Still, man, they gotta redesign the text boxes and change that font, as a graphic designer myself, this bothers me more than it should xD

I don't really mind the text boxes with their fonts and effects. I never really played the originals (outside of Year of the Dragon) to complain about the text boxes. I think they good as it is an improvement.

IMO, they're hardly an improvement over the original. The new one (the whole HUD in fact) is kinda cheapy looking, very plastic and glossy, like a mobile game... Not to mention, the text box could be better aligned and a bit smaller too. I'm not gonna loose my sleep over it, but I know they can do better. 

2 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Courtesy of Reddit we have our first look at Hunter

sIDRdek.jpg

Not bad, all things considered. It's a bit drastic of a change, and I see they gave him his bow and arrow from Hero's Tail, but he at least retains some level of quirk. Hunter works best as a mixture of comic relief and actually being useful, and I think this look suits both those qualities. Certainly better than his earlier models:

Hunter-spyro.jpg

image.jpeg.5a772f1f00a1b0b0fef60a2314d87c3f.jpeg

The Bow and Arrow wasn't exclusive from Hero's Tail tho', Spyro 2 had him use it on most promotional stuff, but in game, he had only one mission with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

He's a Hunter alright :P

These are the kinds of change I don't like much, giving characters extra acessories and gear for literally no reason, especially in Sheila's case where they gave her human girls' traits... Watch Bentley wear pants. Why Hunter has the bow and arrow? Will he be playable? If anything, it will only serve to rise questions like: "why didn't he shoot Ripto with an arrow?" and stuff like that... Not to mention Hunter uses all kinds of gears and suits in these games already... 

I love what they did to the enemies and the elder dragons, but keep the main characters as close to the original as possible, they're the ones we'll be seeing most.

We don't know if that's his main design tho', remember, in the originals he had two designs, the normal used for cutscenes and the archer one for that one mission in Fracture Hills. They could've gone with the archer one because it looks cooler for a card

Don't forget guys the Spyro Reigniting A Legend SDCC Panel will begin at 2:15-3:15 for PST and at 5:15-6:15 for EST/EDT.

Also whoever can attend the event will get this Spyro poster.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm eager for this pannel because Stewart freaking Copeland will be there, and explaining how he created the original soundtrack. I wanna hear him say: "they pay me for this!" one more time in this life time hahaha

But imagine if TFB announces that his original score (correctly looped and HQ) will be available in the game for people that want? Sure it's wishfull thinking, but I would be beyond excited if that happens. The music is so important in these games...

• Thumbs Up 1

IGN will be covering the panel.

Also we may get the Switch and PC announcement at tonights panel

Plus the panel starts in 1 hour

• Thumbs Up 1

WELP THEY JUST ANNOUNCED YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN THE ORIGINAL AND THE REMASTERED OST.

THERE YA GO.

• Thumbs Up 7

Announced at the Spyro SDCC panel, you can switch between the new and original OST in-game.

EDIT: ninja'd

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

WELP THEY JUST ANNOUNCED YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN THE ORIGINAL AND THE REMASTERED OST.

THERE YA GO.

I CAME. I CALLED. WE WON.

GUYS. GUYS.

OMG I CAN'T EVEN.

Also, did you guys saw the new NESTOR? Holy shit, he looks SO GOOD.

Again, I can't believe Copeland's original music is an option. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Copeland ALSO revealed a never used before piece which will be in the game

From the feel, I think it'll be the intro 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

You guys want to mention the Hurricos reveal anywhere in your fanning over the music?

• Chuckle 1

OH MY HOLY STINKING CRAP

I was seriously getting a bit down on this game lately, but just from what I've seen so far from SDCC, my faith in this game has been fully restored!

LOOK HOW FUCKING GOOD THE FIRST DRAGON IS!

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, also Sunny Beach, one of my favorite Spyro 2 levels/music :D

Man, a new track by Copeland now??? Did I... Died? OMG.

12 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

You guys want to mention the Hurricos reveal anywhere in your fanning over the music?

Here, have it in HD

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Hurricos looks bloody fantastic. The remixed music sounds nice, but oh man, the moment the gameplay switches to the original music, the drums and bass go through the roof. No offense to the guy remixing it, but Copeland IS Copeland. My first playthrough will be listening to the new OST, tho'. Maybe I'll switch around actually.

Speaking of Switch, was it finally confirmed?

A lot of comparison shots, including the reveal of Skelos Badlands, Sunny Beach and Glimmer

Spoiler

Dif7qG9VAAIQ_Jg.jpg

Dif-wttVQAABVVr.jpg

Dif-wttVMAAZQfp.jpg

Dif_RdxXcAUPA0u.jpg

Dif-tK3WsAEQ6VW.jpg

Dif-tLsXcAA-tOn.jpg

Dif-tK8XUAIDyu6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1