Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Don't you fucking make this a PlayStation 4 exclusive if Sony isn't funding this you pieces of shit. 

Fuck Activision it's the one time I want you to be the greedy pieces of shit you are and make this and Crash multiplatform so I CAN GIVE YOU M O N E Y . 

You wankers.

2 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

Don't you fucking make this a PlayStation 4 exclusive if Sony isn't funding this you pieces of shit. 

Fuck Activision it's the one time I want you to be the greedy pieces of shit you are and make this and Crash multiplatform so I CAN GIVE YOU M O N E Y . 

You wankers.

You aren't going to be happy. If we go with the assumption that the original leak holds water, it's PS exclusive for a year.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

it's PS exclusive for a year.

Oh I don't mind if it's temporal. My problem is if it's exclusive just for the sake of exclusivity. If Sony paid for it then whatyougonnado I'll have to suck it up and blame my wrong life choices. 

15 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

Crash multiplatform

That's already been confirmed. And according to the rumors and whatnot, it's coming to everyone but the Xbox One this generation, console-wise.

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

everyone but the Xbox One this generation, console-wise.

Oh come on.

I want to hear it from the horse's mouth. 

Nothing will make the child in me gleam with excitement of playing through Ripto's Rage from the ground up just like N.Sane Trilogy did with Crash 2.

...Year of the Dragon is also nice yeah.

..I have no comment on Spyro 1.

16 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

If I recall correctly, there were rumors of Modern Warfare 2 remastered. Doesn’t mean it can be one or the other, though. Both Spyro and COD can get remaster.

Yeah , I heard about that too. Though I think the Spyro rumors have been more prominent.

Also

This Thread is quite an interesting read, it theorizes Project Falcon, aka Spyro, has been in development along with Crash, which, all things considered, would make sense. But to prevent the franchises from stepping on each other's foot, they had Crash be announced and released on one year(July of 2016 to July of 2017) and Spyro be announced and released on the next year. Giving it not only enough development time, considering Spyro is a reasonably bigger beast compared to Crash, but also allowing the Crash hype to die down and let the public focus on the Spyro hype

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait... developed at the same time? Vicarious Visions you sly son of a gun! Talk about keeping a secret. I mean, I can see this being true because Spyro certainly demand WAY more work than Crash to re-build, there's no way they would be able to deliver all three games by late this year If they started working only after Crash was done.

BTW. 

'XITE.

Wasn't posting here while it was just a rumour, but with it looking ever so much more likely...

I cannot wait to be playing these again!

My issue isn’t temporary exclusivity, but rather the transparency around it

6 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

My issue isn’t temporary exclusivity, but rather the transparency around it

How so?

Because this back and forth is tiresome, especially for people that are expecting it for other consoles. Everybody but the actual -real official- people publishing the damn game has said it's timed exclusive... Hopefully when Spyro is announced they clear this up and ALSO confirm or deny the same about Spyro.

Eh, that's the entire point of it. From both Sony's and Activision's perspectives, keeping the temporary aspect of the exclusivity a secret is good for business. To Sony it means people will buy the PS4 to play those games, believing them to be the only way to play those. For Activision, if they came and said ''btw it's exclusive to the PS4 for a year then it'll go to the other consoles'', not only would sales be a LOT less(Think about every person online you saw going ''IM BUYING A PS4 FOR THIS'', myself included), but the interest of people who would decide to wait for it to arrive on their consoles would likely dwindle to the point where it doesn't become as much of a sure purchase as it once was, once again, damaging the sales. Meanwhile, keeping the exclusivity a secret not only guarantees those hyped for it will buy it as soon as possible, but the timeframe of the exclusivity will also frustrate and tempt those who want the game but cannot buy a new console just for it, so once the game is annonced to a console they DO own, they'll jump right into it.

It's not a business practice I agree with, but there's some good logic behind it.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 3/2/2018 at 1:24 AM, Blue Wisp said:

Oh come on.

I want to hear it from the horse's mouth. 

Well,  we at least know for certain it's coming to the Switch. That Spanish retailer is as official as you get. 

Makes sense anyway that Crash be multiplatform. Same will likely happen of Spyro gets revived. Only really a matter of when it'll come to other platforms and if one of those platforms is the X Box One. 

20 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

To Sony it means people will buy the PS4 to play those games,

I’m sorry, but this business mindset is just being a plain cynical asshole on their end if you know it’s going on other systems, but don’t say in order to raise sales off of s blatant not truth. The idea that being honest will kill their revenue also is something that, one, personally I don’t care about since this multi billion dollar company not making as much as they want but still making a fuck load is just greedy af, and two, has no proof of tanking their sales. Otherwise, why are timed exclusives still around, and announced early on still most times? In general timed exclusives in general just divide up the audience, and are just more corporate greed driven methods of putting the customer second. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, Crash is one of those rare times I think timed exclusivity makes sense, if only because of Crash's history with Sony. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Gotta agree with both of you. They should've been honest and transparent from the start, the exclusivity state of this game came off as embarassing with each place (twitter, gaming sites and even toy companies) telling a different story...

But yeah, we gotta remember it's freaking CRASH, and people are pretty extreme when it comes to it... the same way I heard people claiming they would buy a PS4 just for this game, I heard some claiming they wouldn't buy the game if it wasn't PS4's exclusive...

1 hour ago, Jango said:

But yeah, we gotta remember it's freaking CRASH, and people are pretty extreme when it comes to it... the same way I heard people claiming they would buy a PS4 just for this game, I heard some claiming they wouldn't buy the game if it wasn't PS4's exclusive...

Well if they're dumb enough to return those copies just becuase Crash is multiplatform from now on,  more lower costing units for everyone else. :P

That said,  folks irrational to do that,  thankfully aren't in notable enough nor potentially damaging enough to give in to such an outdated console war mentality. 

I'm a little late responding to these rumors, but VTNVIVI on Youtube, sums up the whole Spyro remastered trilogy rumors and evidence all into the video above. Interesting thing to is Activision did the same thing with the Crash Bandicoot PS4 trilogy. So the announcement later this month is very likely.

So, turns out the coding for the Spyro Demo is in fact there. It's no accident, no leftover, they coded that. It has an effect on the Warped Intro screen, in that it unselects both ''continue'' and ''new game'', as if it's selecting a third option, which doesn't exist, that much we knew since the game launched, but now it confirms that yes, the code was added in, it's no glitch or hiccup.

This means we'll most likely get a patch with the Spyro demo sometime near the future, considering it's not on the game already.

• Thumbs Up 2

Some really big developments on this the last few days. Especially with that Twitter account that's now called 'Falcon Mcbob'. So much to look forward to this year already.

6 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

So, turns out the coding for the Spyro Demo is in fact there. It's no accident, no leftover, they coded that. It has an effect on the Warped Intro screen, in that it unselects both ''continue'' and ''new game'', as if it's selecting a third option, which doesn't exist, that much we knew since the game launched, but now it confirms that yes, the code was added in, it's no glitch or hiccup.

This means we'll most likely get a patch with the Spyro demo sometime near the future, considering it's not on the game already.

I guess they won't add the Spyro demo to NST, they coded that as an easter egg for the hardcore fans, a way to tell us they were already working on Spyro. But man, it would be an insane way to reveal the game. Release a patch with the demo in it and a video on social media and YT telling people to select Warped, do the cheat and see what happens.

Yeah I'm not expecting them to actually add a demo into NST. But on the other hand these properties being revived (or at least having a chance of being revived) used to be unthinkable, so...maybe anything's possible?

You'd think it'd be a bit too generous of Activision, but if you think about it the other way around, seems like a practice they'd totally get behind.

Lock the demo for Spyro behind the NST, meaning unless you buy the game, you can't have a try at the upcoming Spyro remaster.