Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Hunter looks like such a dude, I love it! :D lol

Not really keen on Sheila's design. Aside from the hair she doesn't look too bad but this design definitely takes away from her tomboy personality. Of course I'll hold off on my overall judgments until the release or at least until we see a fair bit more involving her ^^

I'll talk more about the level screenshots when I have more time to look at them ^^

Spoiler

Not happy with the changes to the text boxes. I just hope every single line of dialogue in the game is voiced like it was in the original games.

Lots of b-rolls in the wild. I've watched some of them (can't link right now, sorry :( ), but damn, the gameplay looks super responsive and smooth, including the skateboarding, which I feared would look (and ultimately feel) different, kinda how every arternate gameplay in Crash N. Sane Trilogy felt a bit off, but this looks spot on. Graphics looks better every new gameplay, but you can easily see that Spyro 1 is the most polished of the 3. Sheila's movement look a little unfinished and stiff, same goes to the level lighthing and colors. Dragon eggs' animation are too quick... I wanna see the baby dragon! Good thing they've delayed the game a bit to give it that last layer of love and polish, to Year of the Dragon especially. You better not f* up YOTD, Toys for Bob! It's my favorite :D

Lovely to see Sunrise Spring, it's my favorite hub of all times. Wish I could've dodge this spoiler, but oh well xD

I think everything looks nearly perfect. But I can't say it sounds perfect... bad luck or not, literally none of these remixes sit right with me, especially Sunrise Spring. I am greatly thankfull that we have the option to switch to the original soundtrack. I know Stewart Copeland gave the guy his blessing and even helped him a little with the remixed soundtrack, but I think he went a bit too overboard with the "ambient sounding" thing. Every remix sound too quiet and serene. They're missing that jazzy kick, the bass/guitars high notes and the prominent drums. 

The same hit and miss situation can be said about the voices. Not the biggest fan of any voice I'm hearing from NPCs. Spyro, the elder dragons, Zoe and now HUNTER, sound good to great, tho'.

TL;DR Love how it looks, not so much how it sounds, the delay was a great idea, I'm optmist.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, not digging Sheila's redesign. Clothes are okay, but the hair and slender body type are just too stereotypically feminine. It reminds me of so many female anthros who are given more human characteristics and it's just... blegh. I also feel like it makes her look too much like Sally Acorn?

I just don't like the slender body and hair.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here are some of the new gameplays provided by Josh Gaming, plus the new Idol Springs/Fractured Hill OST

• Thumbs Up 2

GAME are showing off the pre-order pack now. 

We saw the Gnasty and Hunter card leaked before, but this image gives a good look at another character; Dr Shemp! 

DlM1IOHXgAALYBb?format=jpg

2 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Here are some of the new gameplays provided by Josh Gaming, plus the new Idol Springs/Fractured Hill OST

Hunter definitely sounds more dudebro than ever before, but I can still recognize Gregg Berger's take on the character. Not bad!

Can’t say I’m a huge fan of some of these changes. Like some of them look just radically different for the sake of being different. Especially comes off jarring when tfb constantly go on and on about how they try to stay faithful and whatnot. I like hunter though. But the npc ‘s and shiela...not as much. I’m just rubbed the wrong way by them. Which sucks cause yotd is my all time favorite Spyro game and I was really not wanting to be concerned about stuff like this.

Honestly, Sheila's redesign was inevitable. I've already mentioned a while ago that the one thing that distinguished her from a bog standard kangaroo (the Wade style) would be hard to translate since that's not being carried over. 

I'd also like to add that it's not just Sheila they did this to. There's like 74 examples of it in the first game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Honestly, Sheila's redesign was inevitable. I've already mentioned a while ago that the one thing that distinguished her from a bog standard kangaroo (the Wade style) would be hard to translate since that's not being carried over. 

I'd also like to add that it's not just Sheila they did this to. There's like 74 examples of it in the first game. 

Yeah, and? I get that it was inevitable, but that doesn’t mean I give it brownie points and like it personally slightly more just cause they have a fair reason for why they did it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

I really, really hope they made the ice popcorn second challenge in this level more manageble. That thing had me stuck for days and was literally the last orb i got (surprisingly i never got trouble with the trolley mission in Breeze Harbor).

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Ehhhh, I don't think it'd be THAT hard. Ahem:

1534882529340.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I knew not also adding that they're making her consistent with the other major female characters would come back to bite me. 

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I knew not also adding that they're making her consistent with the other major female characters would come back to bite me. 

I mean....I don't get why that'd be considered inevitable. New Sheila looks to be on the side of a bit too bland and generic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm perfectly fine with Sheila and Hunter's redesigns. It doesn't have to be a 1:1 translation of their original designs for me to be happy.

Hey guys I just noticed something. Starting next month is Spyro's 20th anniversary, so it seems like there's going to be a 3-month celebration with each having a new Spyro title.

September: Skylanders Academy Season 3 on the 28th

October: Skylanders Ring of Heroes

November Spyro Reignited Trilogy

So it will seem to be a big celebration on TV, Mobile and video games for Spyro's 20th what better way to celebrate than having a new title on different platforms 3-months in a row starting on the 20th anniversary month (technically about a week after, since the 20th anniversary was the 21st)

• Too Many Rings 1

Im fine with Sheila as well. I am just thankful the games coming out at all with some designs changed for well everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad to see Sparx's gem-finding ability is apparently in all three games now, along with level-warping!

And I'm loving all the new Elder Dragons- We went from seeing the same models over and over to each one having his own design, complete with loads more body language and individual quirks! (I'm especially digging the guy who apparently keeps a kettle of coffee with him at all times!) Here's another comparison video to give some perspective:

I like Sheila's new design. Might be a tad...extreme for a redesign, but far better than the generic Insomniac design.

As for Hunter's voice, man, Greg Berger really went a different direction with it this time around. Much more confident and youthful-sounding than the kinda neurotic, mature-sounding voice from the original games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Weird. Didn't he explicitly say he was playing Hunter and Ripto?

I hope he's at LEAST playing Ripto. I can't imagine Ripto with any other voice.

I'm feeling very mixed on some of the designs. I don't like Sheila's design and the two babies I saw in sunny villa look creepy and not at all cute like the originals but I gotta say I love, love love the designs for the Artisans! They look wonderful and ooze so much charm!

3 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

A Spyro 2 cutscene with our first look at Elora

Well,  Hunter's redesign is certainly warming up to me. And Elora looks like a good translation to update as well. 

Unfortunately,  regarding Sheila's redesign, this just makes me more upset with Toys For Bob going overboard,  Skylanders style on the poor kangaroo.