Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

His 20th birthday sure is close, September 9th. Would love to see them release a Spyro 1 demo to mark the original's anniversary release, pray and hope, it might just happen.

• Thumbs Up 3

Cool beans, it's Spyro setting the world on fi--GAAAAAAAH THAT FACE.

Was that there in the original?

*checks*

GAAAAAAAH

this is why gateway to glimmer's cover is superior

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Cool beans, it's Spyro setting the world on fi--GAAAAAAAH THAT FACE.

Was that there in the original?

*checks*

GAAAAAAAH

this is why gateway to glimmer's cover is superior

Sort of:

s856811648446488490_p979_i3_w800.jpeg

This sorta exacerbates how over the top sinister the remake has made Ripto's design. Original!Ripto was only sinister in an Aku sort of way.

Yeah, the PAL game covers are almost always better than the US ones, often because they're less obsessed with looking hardcore but in other cases they just have better compositions (Crash 3 Warped's PAL box just looks epic compared to the US one). Spyro 3's cover isn't nearly as in-your-face badass on the PAL box art either.

We also have some of the "angry Kirby" boxart edits reverted back (we did the same for the Rocket Knight Adventures boxart while keeping the way better US background art, so we got best of both worlds).

Japanese covers tend to be a bit too cluttered for my liking (at least for the kiddy mascot platformers that want to grab children's attention with stuff). Spyro 1 skirts the line but is still okay since it's restricting it to the Artisan Homeworld and an actual scene from there. Spyro 2's Japanese cover is a mess. 

It's certainly not just Spyro that does this, nor is it close to being one of the most overboard ones. Crash Bandicoot Carnival (aka Japanese release of Crash Bash) is way too packed for it's own good, and I don't like the way the classic Sonic covers were done because that style (with the sheer colour pop) does not fit anything about the style of the games themselves. 

15 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Japanese covers tend to be a bit too cluttered for my liking (at least for the kiddy mascot platformers that want to grab children's attention with stuff). Spyro 1 skirts the line but is still okay since it's restricting it to the Artisan Homeworld and an actual scene from there. Spyro 2's Japanese cover is a mess. 

It's certainly not just Spyro that does this, nor is it close to being one of the most overboard ones. Crash Bandicoot Carnival (aka Japanese release of Crash Bash) is way too packed for it's own good, and I don't like the way the classic Sonic covers were done because that style (with the sheer colour pop) does not fit anything about the style of the games themselves. 

The PAL Sonic covers interested me because often they used more Japanese styled artwork but with more traditional clean landscapes (eg. Sonic Chaos).

Something about Crash and Spyro's covers look 'off' in Japanese, like they're more some psychadelic fan art, though I suppose that's maybe how the Japanese feel when they see their games 'Americanized' for the Western covers.

Yep, the rest of the YotD gang looks pretty solid, too! Sheila's the only one with a major change. (And the only character who needed one, IMO) Kinda odd that Bentley now has five-toed feet but still only four-fingered hands, though. Ah, well- At least they're not removing his eloquent vocabulary and reducing him to a cliche', bumbling neanderthal. *glares at Hero's Tail and Attack of the Rhynocs*

It's odd how everyone but Shiela looks very much how Hero's Tail spruced up the designs however. I still think they could have been more subtle with her. I mean Sgt Bird's design is pretty basic too but they keep loyal to that. I also REALLY would have liked if they had used Hunter's Hero's Tail design as well, which was largely a rather loyal polygon spruce up of the original.

That said I don't know how trustworthy the covers are. Coco looked rather different in the Warped cover redraw compared to how she was in the actual remake itself.

• Thumbs Up 2

Seeing everyone together now, I don't understand why they made the changes to Sheila. Everyone is just looking how I expected it to in HD. Except Sheila. Even Bentley, I could swear they would give him pants or something, I mean, he was pretty "generic" too. 

Also, they gave Sgt. Bird's rockets a face hahaha 

I just hope everyone keeps their way of speaking and accents. Bentley especially.

Also, chances of a free demo on PSN/XBLA soon? Or maybe a trailerrrrrr!

My. Eyes. Autumn Plains. In my veins.

Holy shit this looks amazing. As I looked to the screenshot, the music immediately started playing in my head... So serene. 

Yes, they changed Ripto's flag! Yoo hey, graphic design!

I have absolutely no complaints about this one. It's exactly how it should be. Fucking TFB nailed the levels. Sooooome characters missed the mark, but the levels are superb.

@Jiren (Metro)  I wouldn't mind much, if you don't like you can always switch to the original, which is already awesome. Fireworks Factory's music will be one of the hardest to top IMO. I'm over being concerned about the Reignited music since then :P

Spoiler

I was fearing there would have been some trophies tied to the skill point system. Glad to see there are none
Basic stuff for the rest, everything seems to be doable. There doesn't even seems to be a trophy tied to the real post-game/second Sorceress fight aside from damaging Moneybags.

These are going to be easy to platinum.