Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

This one looks veeeery diferent from the original. But a good different at least, I like the color choices. Enemies looks awesome as usual, NPCs looks off as usual, music sounds weak as usual and the level itself looks gorgeous, as usual.

I'm happy to see the way the Reignited trilogy is going. Or just happy that this was a thing so for me, it feels like a win-win situation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry I had to...

Also, more art:

40 days until release.

THAT'S TOO LONG TO WAIT!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

Man, I really appreciate that TfB are doing this, I don't recall VV sharing any N.Sane Trilogy concept art, and literally EVERY piece of art from Reignited Trilogy is incredible, I seriously wish the 3D modeling people could translate these a little better, because again, they're amazing.

I LOVE the concept art for the worlds. So far I believe i've gotten the majority of the artwork and they're used as my wallpaper. I hope to see more in the future. And if there's a 3D model character i'm waiting for, it would be either Buzz, Spike, Sorceress and Bianca. I want to see how they turned out.

Man, this game even gets me excited for the worst Spyro level ever:

I seriously hope they fixed the bagpipe music and added an extra mission where you get to pummel the alchemist a la Moneybags.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always liked Fracture Hills because it was wider than the other levels, or at least felt wider... IDK, maybe it's more open? I used to get lost sometimes. Another similar one is Mystic March, I think that's the name.

The Reignited version tho' looks flat as heck and pale... Pretty bad if you ask me. Enemies look cool.

I think there's too little to go by from this one image to judge what the whole environment might look like however I can definitely say I'm not a fan of the lighting. It just looks so dull compared to the original image.

Looking at the Fractured Hills screenshot already gives me Bagpipes ptsd along with the chemist... it's sad too because I love the way the world is design but the missions in it always frustrated (and annoyed) me as a kid. Though I guess the reward would be to see the Earthshapers dance to the pipes. (and i'm ready to burn the trees/bushes assaulting and scaring my child self)

A Rhynoc! Ooh, let me at him!

Whilst Elora appears a lot in Spyro 2's cutscenes, she also appears once or twice in Spyro 3. This is one of her brief appearances:

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm... not too ok with the Professor's design here. I think what puzzles me the most is difference in the skin color distribution, since it was more uniform in the original instead of having two distinct shades separated here.

I really hope this game will get released to the Nintendo Switch like the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, otherwise I won't be too happy. After all, there is this, even if it's not really confirmed yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

A Rhynoc! Ooh, let me at him!

Whilst Elora appears a lot in Spyro 2's cutscenes, she also appears once or twice in Spyro 3. This is one of her brief appearances:

Yep, Agent 9 and the Professor's old VA's still got it! And I'm still being wowed by how much more expressive the animations are! (Dat tail wiggle)

• Thumbs Up 1

They keep doing this weird gradient thing with the characters' foreheads.

Agent 9 looks okay but they've completely downgraded all of the Professor's exaggerated design qualities. He was one of the funniest looking designs in the original games.

Nice to hear the old VAs again though and I like the added reaction shots.

• Thumbs Up 2

I related more with their voices than their designs. They nail'd. Everyone sounds great and well animated too. Some design changes still bother me, but eh... Nothing is perfect. Really like Agent 9 and Spyro here tho'.

Also, funny pick of a cutscene to reveal, isn't this from Spyro 3's epilogue?

6 hours ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

I really hope this game will get released to the Nintendo Switch like the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, otherwise I won't be too happy. After all, there is this, even if it's not really confirmed yet.

It's pretty much all but guaranteed at this point. Activision are just being greedy as usual, so wait it out for the Switch port.

• Fist Bump 1

On 10/12/2018 at 9:26 PM, SonicWind said:

"Trouble with the trolley, eh?"

Michael Fassbender Perfection GIF

Spyro's best meme returns!

There's a longer pause before he speaks this time compared to the original. Definitely not as annoying this time round.

Is it the same voice actor?

...and more art

• Thumbs Up 2

Its kinda weird how infrequently Elora appeared after Spyro 2. Most of the other main Spyro 2 characters came back in future titles on a recurring basis, most notable being Hunter, the Professor, and Moneybags, but Elora just kinda vanished. I never finished Spyro 3 so I didn't even know she showed up at the end.

It is pretty common that in Jump'n Run series a pretty important main character just vanishes with out any clues from the series. It happen with half of the Kong family, King K. Rool and most of the Animal buddies in DKC, it happen with Tawna from Crash Bandicoot, with Tooty from Banjo-Kazooie, with Mighty an Ray from Sonic and also with Elora from Spyro.

Sometimes their is a reason for it and sometimes not. It really depends on what the executives say. Tawna for example was replaced because she was to sexualized for a kids game and Tooty was just kicked out because she nothing more than a plot device and with almost the entire DKC cast it was, because Miyamoto thought they should start of fresh with a new cast of characters.

Maybe with Elora it was a similar case, where the writers thought that she had no more use anymore for the series end retired her. Kinda bad, because she is one heck of an adorable character.