Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

On 10/14/2018 at 1:32 AM, JaidynReiman said:

Its kinda weird how infrequently Elora appeared after Spyro 2. Most of the other main Spyro 2 characters came back in future titles on a recurring basis, most notable being Hunter, the Professor, and Moneybags, but Elora just kinda vanished. I never finished Spyro 3 so I didn't even know she showed up at the end.

Yeah, I never understood it either. Apparently there were plans to include her in some of the GBA games and even that fell through (albeit due to time constraints), it's really weird.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2018 at 8:32 AM, JaidynReiman said:

Its kinda weird how infrequently Elora appeared after Spyro 2. Most of the other main Spyro 2 characters came back in future titles on a recurring basis, most notable being Hunter, the Professor, and Moneybags, but Elora just kinda vanished. I never finished Spyro 3 so I didn't even know she showed up at the end.

I guess it's that all those characters had a role or bit of agency to excuse them reappearing in story, Hunter was Spyro's sidekick/lancer, the Professor was a standard smart guy that could invent stuff and provide exposition, Moneybags worked as a recurring hindrance guy for missions that required fees. Elora, besides love interest qualities, didn't actually do much, even in Spyro 2 you could shrewdly tell her niche was convincing other characters into doing the hard work (just she had better success rate with Spyro than Hunter).

The next couple of games were magic related in plot, so Bianca fit sticking around as part of the 'main trio' instead of Elora.

Well apparently both Canadian Guy Eh and Crystal Blazier have some sort of Spyro announcement this Wednesday. What could it be? Probably more footage.

• Thumbs Up 2

Since we're less than a month from the release, I think I'm gonna start avoiding stuff.

That's what I would say, if I was strong. But I'm weak gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme

I think it's Switch and PC announcement.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jango said:

I think it's Switch and PC announcement.

Still might be a little too early for that kind of announcement. But who knows, we'll find out in 2-days though.

I actually think it's late, because they both leaked months ago. It would be reasonable to release said ports (that are probably under development right now) ASAP, say, Christmas. Just don't make people wait a whole year again, I get it that with Crash made more sense and Sony had a deal with Activision, but Spyro Reignited is multiplat from the get-go. 

I just wonder how this game's gonna run on the Switch, tho'. If the PS4 version demands a shitton of storage, imagine the downgrade they're gonna have to do to port this...

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I actually think it's late, because they both leaked months ago. It would be reasonable to release said ports (that are probably under development right now) ASAP, say, Christmas. Just don't make people wait a whole year again, I get it that with Crash made more sense and Sony had a deal with Activision, but Spyro Reignited is multiplat from the get-go. 

I just wonder how this game's gonna run on the Switch, tho'. If the PS4 version demands a shitton of storage, imagine the downgrade they're gonna have to do to port this...

According to this, the game’s around 36 GB, so it shouldn’t be too big. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/spyro-reignited-trilogy/bwhfznsl0pb5#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

12 minutes ago, Jango said:

Yes, but isn't that just Spyro 1 and parts of 2 and 3? The controversy...

This should be the digital version, which should have everything. 

On another note, I think it’s time to talk about this. Canadian Guy Eh was tipped off about the game possibly using 2 discs. He called 20 EB Games and 6 said it would while the others didn’t know but assumed it was on one disc. 

People on Twitter then started calling other retailers and they claimed it would use more than one disc. No idea if this is referring to the trilogy being split across two discs, or if it’s one disc to install and one to play a la Red Dead Redemption 2.

This is not the only rumor he’s put out, as you can see below.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jango said:

The obvious keyword is optimization. Smart devs who know what they're doing and aren't lazy, can get maintain quality and put it to a disc or cartridge. 

Just look at Smash Ultimate which has way more content,  yet better optimization in the space usage,  and c doesn't have to resort to blocking 2/3 itself behind download content. 

If one guy could optimise Crash N Sane Trilogy within a year, it's not exactly hard for them to do the same for Spyro.

Like, I find it downright ridiculous that this is even a concern, or better yet 2 discs is actually possible. 

These are PS1 games with levels and worlds representing the scale possible at that time. No matter how much texture work and upgrades have gone into the game, there's absolutely, positively no possible way this should be somehow magically going above GTA V and doing the same thing as Red Dead 2. Especially if the 36GB info is correct. That either speaks to incompetence, laziness, or some combo of both. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I do feel that if it was on two discs, well, personally, it'd be acceptable, but I can see how some might worry. I don't mind fiddling with more than one disc; been doing that for years.

I said from the beginning separate discs would have been acceptable, and hey, I'd rather it be this than have only one game on disc and download the rest.

Launch trailer's out:

I really don't understand the whole thing about releasing launch trailers early. We're still three weeks away from release.

• Thumbs Up 2

Save the port talk for later, I'm sure it will be alright...

BECAUSE TRAILER!!!!!

Ok, just gimme this game right now. Looks amazing in every end. 

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

If one guy could optimise Crash N Sane Trilogy within a year, it's not exactly hard for them to do the same for Spyro.

Like, I find it downright ridiculous that this is even a concern, or better yet 2 discs is actually possible. 

These are PS1 games with levels and worlds representing the scale possible at that time. No matter how much texture work and upgrades have gone into the game, there's absolutely, positively no possible way this should be somehow magically going above GTA V and doing the same thing as Red Dead 2. Especially if the 36GB info is correct. That either speaks to incompetence, laziness, or some combo of both. 

I think one guy ported a level or two from Crash to the Switch on his spare time to see if it was possible, not the whole game o.O They probably had a team porting everything right after his test. 

I too think it's insane to believe that Spyro is more demanding than GTA, Uncharted 4, God of War and such, I said the same thing back then... I still believe the whole "locking 2/3 of the game" away from people is Activision being dicks, but oh well... They are most of the time... I'm really glad if it's real the fact that Toys for Bob step up and asked more time to fit everything in discs, even if it's 2... At least no download will be needed. I'll take it. They probably needed even more time to optimize everything into just 1, but Activision is probably pointing a gun at their heads already...

5 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Launch trailer's out:

I really don't understand the whole thing about releasing launch trailers early. We're still three weeks away from release.

I don't really get it either, but at least it's more Spyro footage. And this is definitely one of the best launch trailers I've seen compared to Crash N-Sane's launch trailer as well Marvel's Spider-Man PS4.

Some details I gnoticed about Gnasty's clip at 1:04...

1) He seems to have a lot of stolen fan-mail, probably addressed to the dragons. He's been said to have been jealous of them all his life.

2) Those motivational posters. "GNOWLEDGE" indeed.

Also, RIPTO!!! We finally get to see his in-game model, and he looks even more menacing in person! (And is that the Phantom Ruby on his scepter? Maybe this is where it came from.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, there's some light on him, which means he's most likely watching TV and of course, seeing Nestor calling him ugly live :D

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2018 at 10:51 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Activisin never compresses audio anymore. Seriously; at least half the file size in their releases is due to goddamn FLAC audio files.

Please be either a toy announcement or a fan Q&A! (If it's the former, and it actually shoots fire, I can finally reenact this scene:)

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160113015312

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/25/2018 at 5:27 PM, Ratcicle King said:

Finally, an officially licensed Spyro flamethrower!

Actually it's for PAX Australia 2018

Now there are chances for a Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited Trilogy bundle for PS4 and Xbox One. This could confirm whether or not if Spyro needs 2-discs, as the stores that made the listings said that it "should" include 2-discs. So it's not a definite yet. But we now need this to happen on Switch afterward.

• Thumbs Up 2