Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

I honestly think people are overthinking this. It isn’t Activision trying to “push us into a new era”, it’s them being lazy and money-grubbing, they pulled the same exact stunt with Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5, having only a tiny portion of the game on disc and forcing a massive 8GB Day 1 patch to restore the full game. Why’d it happen there? Because Activision rushed production of the discs.

Here, it’s pretty exceedingly obvious it’s the same thing, they can’t be bothered to do proper optimisation and likely are rushing the game’s disc production.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's interesting to note that Toys for Bob was asked in an interview about how long Spyro's been in production. While for N.Sane Trilogy, if I recall, they were open about it, in here they flat out explained they can't say it, and answered with ''a normal development cycle''.

So it's VERY possible the game had a tight schedule and Activision is prohibiting TFB from talking about it to avoid backlash.

Honestly, if the game being forced into download is the worst a rushed development cycle gives us, I'd say it's a win. So far everything looks perfect and functional in this game, as long as it remains like that, I don't mind the download issue. However, I still despise this tactic because it basically risks an entire franchise revival and puts all the weight of it on the shoulders of the devs, who are clearly showing their passion with this project, dare I say, if it were any different devs, the result might not have been nearly as good.

But there REALLY isn't much I can do, which is why I despise this, I'm not risking killing this franchise again because of Activision's shitty policies, especially after the devs probably went all out to make ends meet under these circumstances, Activision, by doing this shitty move, flat out used the franchise and the devs as a meat shield for their shady practices, because the only way you can show what you think about this is talking with your money and not buying the game in protest, which would result in them simply canning Spyro and most likely firing most of TFB staff.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, when you put it like that, it's kinda scummy. But I still want this game, so if I have to deal with a download, fine. After all, I'll still be able to play the full game eventually.

Call me overly optimistic, but that's just how I see it. You guys do what you feel is best, though.

23 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

*Donkey Kong Country theme intensifies*

:P

But I remember this level: The farthest I ever got in Spyro 1- Not because it was challenging, but because even as a kid I had a tremendous fear of the unknown. The way this level's dragon hyped up Metalhead made me think I was in for a mind-breaking jumpscare, and I only got one brief glimpse of his power poles before mistaking them for something else (Don't remember what, exactly), jumping out of my seat, and deciding it was time to return the game to Blockbuster.

That's one of the biggest reasons I want to play this Trilogy- To fix my young self's embarrassing errors in judgement. (Never beat YotD either because I made the exact same assumption with Spike)

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/30/2018 at 12:21 AM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

It isn’t Activision trying to “push us into a new era”, it’s them being lazy and money-grubbing,

Or it could easily be both.

I'm still holding on not buying the game until they fix that.

6 hours ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Or it could easily be both.

I'm still holding on not buying the game until they fix that.

So am I, but I'm not holding my breath. Worse comes to worst, there's always the bargain bin, and since it will have the entirety of Spyro 1 on there, I can get the PS1 versions of Spyro 2 and 3 if I want complete physical copies.

It's not that I'm never gonna buy this, but the matter has made me decide it's best to wait for the bargain bin for this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

My favorite level has been revealed, of course I have a slight complaint about the giant snowman. In the original I thought the way the snowman picked up Spyro and threw him was hilarious, this version just doesn't do it. Maybe it's just the sounds being more realistic and less cartoony like the original. Also the environment seems too grassy and less snowy, there also seems to be less of a blue tone to the environment.

All I wish for Frozen Altars (because it's already looking awesome) is that they keep the mammoth's screaming (with the voice pitching higher and higher) when you burn them to death.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jango said:

All I wish for Frozen Altars (because it's already looking awesome) is that they keep the mammoth's screaming (with the voice pitching higher and higher) when you burn them to death.

I hope they keep the sound the same with all the enemies when using the laser on them. Because that was hilarious in the original.

I adore Frozen Altars, it's one of my favorite Spyro 3 levels. It's so unique, the music is so nice. I'm super excited to play this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

The Great Swamp Boat Race

Image result for tommy lee jones skeptical gif

A finish like that is worth at least 1,500 Gems! (I imagine Moneybags bet on the other guy. He just couldn't stay in retirement)

Er... This one looks.. bland. To say the least. Spooky Swamp is also one of my favorite levels, I miss the deep blues in the Reignited version. Granted it looks more like a real life swamp now, but this ain't the real world. They've messed up the color pallete here 😕

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay I kind of over-reacted about the amount of grass in Frozen Alters because after making my video last night (which had original Frozen Alters footage). I realized they were just putting grass into the non-snowy parts of the ground. Which is okay for me, so that complaint is gone. But did anyone notice that there is no snow falling in the Reignited version (either that it's barely noticeable)?

2 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Spooky Swamp:

Now Spooky Swamp looks great to me. Next to Frozen Alters (1st) it's my 2nd favorite level in Spyro 3. I do like how it looks more like a real swamp, and changing the water color. Now the environment looks darker too, but that's probably to better suit the name of Spooky Swamp.

BTW, we're over a week to the release and they're showing levels almost every. Surely I don't have to watch, but... Damn it's hard, TFB :(

Frozen Altars and Spooky Swamp are 2 levels I wanted to go blind. So is Icy Peak (God, if they reveal it next, I swear...).

Why can't this game be out already? 😭

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Jango said:

BTW, we're over a week to the release and they're showing levels almost every. Surely I don't have to watch, but... Damn it's hard, TFB :(

Frozen Altars and Spooky Swamp are 2 levels I wanted to go blind. So is Icy Peak (God, if they reveal it next, I swear...).

Why can't this game be out already? 😭

We're only 9-10 days away from launch, not much longer.

Icy Peak is another one of my favorites (I like snowy/icy levels), but it took forever to figure out the correct button pattern (originally I tried jumping then horn-dive, skipping the gliding and hovering) to break the ice floor to get the last few gems. Until I looked it up and it was as simple as gliding, then hovering and finally pressing the triangle button again.

That NECA leak from earlier this year turned out to be true! Spyro's finally getting a proper action figure!

NECA Spyro The Dragon Figure 1

From the classic and beloved video games, the adventurous young dragon Spyro makes his debut as a NECA action figure!

The purple dragon is styled as he first appeared in the games and measures nearly 8” in length with tail straightened. He’s fully articulated, including ball jointed wings, segmented tail, hips, ankles, chest and more!

Release Date: Q2 2019 

MSRP: $22.99

http://necaonline.com/2018/11/spyro-7-scale-action-figure-spyro-the-dragon/

This is the toy I've wanted since my days on the PS1! And having already bought their Crash figure, I can definitely vouch for these guys' quality control!

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/27/nintendo-switch-64gb-game-card-delay/

I know this article was from late 2017, but it could explain why we ain't got an official release date for Spyro Reignited on Switch yet. Since Nintendo delayed their 64GB (they would then hold more space than a PS4 disc) game cards to 2019. And would seem to line up with an estimated Switch release for Spyro.

Now if Toys For Bob is waiting for these said cards, then it could be likely that the entirety of all 3 games in Spyro Reignited (also take into account that Switch games use less space than their PS4, Xbox One & PC counterparts, just look at Sonic Forces and Crash N-Sane) could all be stored onto a single cartridge. No download needed to play the rest of games 2 & 3, possibly.

But at least we wouldn't have this whole download situation with the Switch version.

So early copies of Spyro Reignited are now shipping. So that means like Crash N-Sane, Spider-man PS4, Sonic Forces and many others. The street date will be broken for Spyro. But with the whole Day 1 update thing, the only thing that'll be playable would be the entirety of Spyro 1 and some of 2 & 3 (this also applies to spoilers on YouTube until launch day, where the rest of 2&3 will be released)

Well, there’s the confirmation about the download.

Clap, fucking clap Activision.

• Absolutely 1