Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Dude, just thinking about it makes me extremely excited. NST never had a public demo, giving us a Spyro demo to feel the game (and of course, give feedback) would be absolutely amazing. And of course, allowing this to be the only way to test said demo. Sneaky? Maybe, but it'd be a very smart move. Would most likely raise NST sales.

Goddamn it I want that demo patched in!!!!

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Goddamn it I want that demo patched in!!!!

Well it would certainly be in Activision's scummy reaches to do so,  I suppose. 

Why do I need to buy a game to try a demo for another game?

I say this as someone who doesn't have NST (as of now, I thought of getting it).

You don't have to if you don't want.

Public demos are barely a thing nowadays... I remember when I joined PSN in 2010, there were demos for almost every game available on that thing.

I'm not saying your doing it, but it feels like people are complaining for the sake of complaining. 

And the big majority of people that own NST are Spyro fans too, which means they already have their way to the demo.

That's really not a good excuse, Jango. It's just the typical money grubbing route that Activision would take. Ever SEGA have the sense not to lock a demo behind a paid for game in this day and age. 

I don't think its a bad idea to be honest, maybe as like some sort of early access thing for the fans of the series while also releasing the public one a little later down the road. From a business perspective it sorta works too if only because it could give people that push to buy a great collection of games to try it out another great collection of games.

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

That's really not a good excuse, Jango. It's just the typical money grubbing route that Activision would take. Ever SEGA have the sense not to lock a demo behind a paid for game in this day and age. 

Every company wants profit, "because it's Activision" is even less of an excuse. I think this strategy is good. First and foremost, if you're a Crash fan (you probably already bought the NST at this point), chances are you're also a Spyro fan. Both were PS1 exclusives and had demos of one another in their own games. It's not like Mario and Sonic back in the 90's where you had to pick just one (unless you had the money to afford both a SNES and a Genesis).

Crash NST never had a public demo on PSN, we all had to wait untill the game was out to play it. Putting the upcoming Spyro remake demo inside the Crash remake is genius because it's been developed by the same team (Vicarious Visions), which works more of a "thank you for the huge support" rather than a company "forcing you to buy a full game in order to play a demo". 

Again, demos on PSN are very rare nowadays, I don't see a valid reason to make a fuzz over it, like, at all. If you're a sole Spyro fan, I'm sorry, tho'.

On 3/3/2018 at 5:03 PM, VEDJ-F said:

Honestly, Crash is one of those rare times I think timed exclusivity makes sense, if only because of Crash's history with Sony. 

I mean, yeah, Sony was a big part of Crash Bandicoot. 

For the first four games. 

Ever since The Meh of Cortex, Crash has been a multiplatform game and hell, overall it spent most of its time as a multiplatform series. 

The only reason NST is an exclusive (so far) is because Sony most likely paid a big amount of dosh for it. But if it wasn't that then it's a bullshit excuse that N-Sane Trilogy is an exclusive "for it's Sony history" in a day and age where Activision is a greedy fuck that releases games for everything on Earth.

YES I AM A SALTY XBOX ONE OWNER GRUMBLE GRUMBLE 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Jango said:

"because it's Activision" is even less of an excuse

Less of an excuse for what? If anything, that's all the more reason why they'd do it, no shock there.

you probably already bought the NST at this point

I have indeed.

Crash NST never had a public demo on PSN, we all had to wait untill the game was out to play it.

And that was unnecessarily stingy of Activision, but I digress.

Putting the upcoming Spyro remake demo inside the Crash remake is genius

Well of course it's genius. The diabolical sort of genius that nets Acti more money.

because it's been developed by the same team (Vicarious Visions), which works more of a "thank you for the huge support"

I see it that way from VV, but not from the head honchos Activision.

than a company "forcing you to buy a full game in order to play a demo". 

It is essentially what has to be done, but it's not really being claimed as that severe. It only would hurt those who aren't a fan of Crash in addition to being a fan of Spyro.

Again, demos on PSN are very rare nowadays,

I doubt that's all  Sony's fault if such is the case. Whatever. You do you. It's unnecessary, but that's just par the course with Activision. Not even really mad because it met my expectations of what they'd do anyway.

VTNVIVI just made another Spyro remake video, and brings together all the evidence that the trilogy remake is happening.

Also in an older Spyro video, he thinks there could be a possibility that Spyro might have a similar feature from Crash PS4 trilogy where Coco was playable in the first 2 games. Now Cynder being playable in the trilogy would be alright because of, well could like be an alternate skin for Spyro, like the N-sane trilogy Coco was just another skin for Crash, maybe the exception of Crash 3.

Still, works for them, again, every company wants profits. But who in their right mind would buy a full game they don't like just for a demo of a game they like (that will come out this year even)? You can call Activision evil all you want, but if someone actually does that, their stupidity is beyond any evil scheme... The extra sales that Activision will get from this will be probably by the people whom were already inclined to buy the NST anyways. 

This discussion sounds more and more like a mere excuse to talk bad about Activision which is way more reasonable than EA or Konami nowadays... 

I never played Crash or Spyro.

I was actually curious to see how Spyro plays...

Whatever, I wanted to get NST anyway.

And here I'm confused of the anger since the only reason I even knew of Spyro was playing the demo in Crash 3. Though I'm confused how it's confirmed that it was intentionally put in the remake on purpose as a hint to a Spyro trilogy or whatever. Has the code for the remake been cross-referenced with the original games'; or did they see "Spyro" in the code and throw their hands up and say "definitely coming guys"?

59 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

I mean, yeah, Sony was a big part of Crash Bandicoot. 

For the first four games. 

Ever since The Meh of Cortex, Crash has been a multiplatform game and hell, overall it spent most of its time as a multiplatform series.

What did this remake encompass again?

5 minutes ago, Tornado said:

And here I'm confused of the anger since the only reason I even knew of Spyro was playing the demo in Crash 3. Though I'm confused how it's confirmed that it was intentionally put in the remake on purpose as a hint to a Spyro trilogy or whatever. Has the code for the remake been cross-referenced with the original games'; or did they see "Spyro" in the code and throw their hands up and say "definitely coming guys"?

What did this remake encompass again?

Basically, extremely weak evidence. If you hover over the Crash 3 selection on NST, and use the original Spyro demo code, the cursor will disappear until you move it again:

1 hour ago, Jango said:

every company wants profits

Okay. we may as well use this to deflect whenever a company does something shitty then. we may as well call it genuis the ways activison’s patents are to be used to manipulate their audience to spend more money on microtransactions while we’re at it.

”companies exist to make money” isn’t a good excuse for when a company does something shit. Us, the customers, have every right to not be okay with it. And certainly there are companies, like activision, that are known to take the piss even more than others. Again, they have patents on extremely cynical ways to manipulate their audiences to spend more. They aren’t saints, and they really don’t deserve any optimism in my eyes. No more than EA, Konami, Warner Bros, etc. so saying “it’s activision” to me is perfectly fine and reasonable a excuse not to set expectations high 

• Thumbs Up 1

But this is not a shitty move by any means, the extra sales won't be that much anyways, whatever. Most people who want Spyro already bought Crash NST.

And all that assuming they are going to patch the goddamn demo in.

33 minutes ago, Jango said:

But this is not a shitty move by any means, the extra sales won't be that much anyways, whatever. Most people who want Spyro already bought Crash NST.

Now I do agree with you about whoever bought Crash NST will want Spyro. Because I like Crash and Spyro, I have a few games from both franchises, also it is usually the way it goes is, you can't have Crash without Spyro and vice-versa. Because whenever a new Crash game released there was always a Spyro game to accompaniy it and same the other way around. My Spyro and Crash collection includes; Spyro: A Heroes Tail, The Legend of Spyro trilogy (A new Beginning and Eternal Night on PS2 and Dawn of the Dragon on Xbox 360), Crash Bandicoot PS1, Crash Twinsanity, Crash of the Titans and Skylanders Giants 3DS. I listed these to somewhat prove my point. Plus we also got Skylanders Academy, which the main character is Spyro and within the first season there were 2 episodes featuring Crash Bandicoot as another example that you can't have Crash without Spyro. On another note Skylanders Academy is one of the top 10 animated shows on Netflix.

3 hours ago, Jango said:

As unlikely as that is,  the point is that,  all the same,  they're not even liable to get enough additional sales from such. Which means just making the demo available to the public on PSN and the networks of whatever other consoles it'll eventually come to, would've been the more logically consumer friendly thing to do.

Activision, of course,  aren't given the benefit of the doubt there for obvious reasons. 

No point in raising a fuss over it until such is even confirmed. 

Are we sure that's the coding of an actual Spyro demo in there anyway and not just a codename?

As the likes of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and its leaks have shown,  such can get easily muddled and named weirdly in there. 

Wasn't this already a practice done before? IIRC the Ratchet and Clank HD collection came with an exclusive Sly 4 demo, heck I recall it being advertised as a selling point, was that an exception or common at the time?

10 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Wasn't this already a practice done before? IIRC the Ratchet and Clank HD collection came with an exclusive Sly 4 demo, heck I recall it being advertised as a selling point, was that an exception or common at the time?

Well even on the PS2 this happened with Ratchet & Clank 3 containing a demo for Sly 2. Speaking of Sly Cooper, the games composer will be speaking at GDC 2018, maybe we will get more information on the TV show and Sly 5 there. I believe it might've been common at the time, I don't know because I only example I know of is the Ratchet collection containing a Sly 4 demo, I'm not sure on other games from the PS3 era, but there were probably more.

Like I said, people complaining for the sake of complaining :P

Back to the Spyro discussion itself, I do hope they get Tom Kenny instead of Carlos (or anyone else) to voice Spyro. I was re-watching Year of the Dragon cutscenes, and he's just lovely. The scene with Spyro and Bentley after you defead Sorceress is so incredibly natural.

Around 14:00 on this video:

Actually, EVERYONE in this game was brilliant, not just Tom. One of the reasons why I've barely played Spyro 1 back in the day was his voice, it was so unbearable to young me, even more so now lol

13 minutes ago, Jango said:

Back to the Spyro discussion itself,

Hence my question earlier. 

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Are we sure that's the coding of an actual Spyro demo in there anyway and not just a codename?

It was, at first, a mere easter egg. Now it looks to be a hint. According to the rumors, they've started the Spyro remakes when Crash was still in development, so they put it there to unofficially tell people it's happening. Could still be just a hint and the demo will never be patched in.

Sounds a bit too needlessly cryptic if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if it's so much as leftover data from a planned  but scrapped Spyro cameo akin to Twinsanity or the like instead.

Honestly, literally the only way that could be unintentional is if you're a sloppy UI programmer.

• Thumbs Up 1