Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Yeah, the download thing still suck. Goddamn it, Activision, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

In other news, @Dejimon11, you got an early copy? O.o 

Also, that menu is lame, I really though they would remake each intro, or there would be a sort of hubworld with portals to each game... This game is so inconsistent at times. Some things are absolutely gorgeous and improved, while others are downright lame and odd/"why they changed it?" 😕

• Thumbs Up 2

It goes beyond not having adequate internet to download the "patch" (this isn't a patch.)" The physical game is unfinished.

I was unsure before but I've decided that I'm not going to buy the game yet. I'm not boycotting it I'm just going to keep an eye on how things are handled from the release date onward in regards to updates. I waited an extra year for the N. Sane Trilogy so I can wait for this. Granted the reason for that was I didn't have a PS4 at the time but still.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looking for a simple, non-threatening, ugly creature? Well, this ain't him.

#GuhnastyDidGuhnothingWrong

I know its not happening, but I really wish they could have improved the bosses in Spyro 1. I doubt anyone would really care.

Went into this one random German game leak video which seemed blase at first considering the magnitude of the other leaks

but then it turned out it had the first visual proof that the colour changing cheats are back. Instead of adding a colour filter, they turn Spyro's whole body a solid colour.

13 hours ago, Jiren (Metro) said:

@Dejimon11 Does the soundtrack swap option effect the music that plays in cutscenes?

It does when I rescue the dragons so I assume it happens with everything else. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So I'm not sure if any one noticed this easter egg in the credits of Spyro 1 in Reignited.

Spoiler

I'd definiely say thats Cynder, I wonder if they did consider having her in the Reignited Trilogy in some way. Hopefully a future Spyro game.

• Thumbs Up 1

They've already said there wasn't censorship involved there. Their response was that their logic behind the change was that Gnasty was already working with toxic material, why wouldn't he put it to good use. 

Speaking of the Spyro 1 endgame, Haunted Towers has been revealed. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So uh, heads up, as I was pretty damn shocked to find out a minute ago, the pre-download is out for Reignited Trilogy, and the game is a whopping 67GB.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I guess this whole download problem won't exist on the Nintendo Switch version (after the 64GB cards release), as it would be way smaller than 67GB. Probably somewhere in the 50GB range, I'm not sure. But if that's the case, then we won't have to download anything for Spyro Reignited on Switch, maybe aside from a patch.

"Canadian Guy Eh" who got a review copy said he's going to upload lots of gameplay videos over the next few days, starting with Spyro 1:

Edit: Town Square:

Here's the full opening of Spyro 3:

Still not big on Hunter's redesign, though I love how Bianca's done (it's strange seeing her with a good range expressions besides the default smug one she had in the original game though).

Some nice details added like Spyro's groan when the dragons botch stopping Bianca, though I kinda thought the original had a funnier moment with the big dragon just hopping around pointing at her like 'OOH, OOH, BUNNY! GET IT AWAY!'. Also odd how in this version Spyro's flame doesn't appear to hit, but she still flies.

• Thumbs Up 1

So they delayed the game by two months, but the disc still has only Spyro 1 on it (with some bits of 2 and 3)? The hell was the point, Activision?

20 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Well I guess this whole download problem won't exist on the Nintendo Switch version (after the 64GB cards release), as it would be way smaller than 67GB. Probably somewhere in the 50GB range, I'm not sure. But if that's the case, then we won't have to download anything for Spyro Reignited on Switch, maybe aside from a patch.

Haaa...there's no way Activision would pay for a 64 GB card, 3rd parties already refuse to pay for anything over 16 GB.

So my store has copies of the Crash/Spyro bundle in our stockroom, and yeah, it’s 60 bucks. Ehh...I’m probably gonna just stick with the solo Spyro version cause budget.  Plus I wanna get that Zelda GameCube controller for switch we also just got lol

It's looking pretty sat on my games list on my Xbox, and while I won't be diving in at midnight, I definitely know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

15 hours ago, Conando said:

So they delayed the game by two months, but the disc still has only Spyro 1 on it (with some bits of 2 and 3)? The hell was the point, Activision?

The delay was to polish the game, not to fix the download issue, they stated that the moment they announced the delay.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spyro's quest is complete, and with a day to spare!

I see that trip took a lot out of him, by the look on his face.

(How many different drones do you think they made for this series?)

• Fist Bump 1

"first copy"

Haha.... If only...

I changed my mind. If only for an hour, I'm playing at midnight... Assuming the unlock is at midnight.

I have the game ready to play on my PS4... And I have to work 😭

I've been reading some people saying on Reddit that Spyro 1 is by far the most polished of the 3 and that Spyro 3 looks definitely rushed... Which sucks, obviously, for me especially, it's my favorite. I'm not in the position to raise my voice against redesigns anymore, frankly, I never was, it's a remake for a reason, but glitches, bugs and unfinished stuff? They gotta fix that, and hopefully soon, not a year later like Crash. Some users even reported gamebreaking stuff, like NPCs not talking to you and crashes. 

Still, I'm looking forward to play the game on thursday, since I have a free day.