Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Oh, man, I completely forgot about the camera going crazy as Sgt. Byrd. That was awful.

43 minutes ago, Jango said:

Motion blur and subtitles! Time to reignite this bad boy tonight! They listened, as always ❤️

Four months later... Should have been in the game in the first place.

54 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

Four months later... Should have been in the game in the first place.

Please watch this:

If you're looking someone to blame, it's Activision, not Toys for Bob.

Wait, 36,24gb is the total file size including the part you have to download now?

Yeah, second prints with all 3 games on disc incoming. Again, everything bad and controversial that happened to this game was due to Activision's greed and terrible work conditions...

Also, probably Switch version coming too now that the game is lighter.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Wait, 36,24gb is the total file size including the part you have to download now?

Yeah, second prints with all 3 games on disc incoming. Again, everything bad and controversial that happened to this game was due to Activision's greed and terrible work conditions...

Also, probably Switch version coming too now that the game is lighter.

Well that was fixed faster than Crash N-Sane's load times patch. Now a Switch port is all the more likely to come soon (as if it wasn't obvious already with the various leaks).

Anyone noticed that turning off the motion blur makes the game look a little.. rough? Yeah, not the biggest fan myself. The motion blur never bothered me to begin with, but I understand it did ruined some people's experience, so I hope the toggle is working for them. But they could've made a toggle to pick how much motion blur you'd like, eg. 20%, 40%, 80%... No motion blur at all doesn't look too hot IMO.

• 1 month later...

I went back to complete Spyro 3 on the Reignited Trilogy, and oh boy, this clearly wasn't ready to be shipped. Even after the patch, Spyro 3 has some baaaad glitches. I got like 15FPS on Fireworks Factory after playing Lost Fleet. Had to reset the game. Sparx won't get green gems A LOT of the time. Some cutscenes just play at an awfull framerate and have pixelated textures (some levels also have ugly pixelated skyboxes, like Agent 9's Lab). A bunch of animations look rough or outright missing, even some that were in the first 2 games. Spyro 1 and 2 are near perfect, but 3? Oh man. It does help that Spyro 3 is the most beautiful of them. Every level is super colorfull and detailed. It also has the most creative levels and themes of all trilogy (and best soundtrack IMO). It would easily be the best game if it was as polished as Spyro 1 😕

Hopefully when the PC version comes out we can have the perfect Spyro 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Meh, I'll be happier if they announced a PS4 version with everything on disc.

• Thumbs Up 3

Activision shouldn't bother with a physical Switch release if they're not going to fit the entire game on the cart and repeat the half-baked solution like they did with the PS4/XBO versions. On that note, it would also be nice if they replaced said half-baked solutions they initially released with the entire game/trilogy actually on the discs.

So sick of this shitty trend of publishers making "physical releases" that front a piece of the game on the cart/disc and make users download the rest of the game online. Completely misses the point of a physical release in the first place. You might as well just sell game boxes with download codes at that point.

YAAAAAAAAA-should probably get a memory card for switch if the game has a lot of data any suggestions- AAAAAAAY!

Knowing how well the last porting job with Crash went, likely the Switch version will actually be stable and all on the cart unlike the PS4 and Xbone versions.

@Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice

Erm...

Sorry to throw that bucket of cold water. Kinda of expected tho', even if they optimize it very well, it would still be a bigger game than the Switch carts can store...

On the other hand, the optimization in the PS4 and XOne versions could garantee a new release with everything on a single blu-ray once and for all.

I really hope this update comes soon along with all the polishment Spyro 3 needed.

• Absolutely 1

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

Sorry to throw that bucket of cold water. Kinda of expected tho', even if they optimize it very well, it would still be a bigger game than the Switch carts can store...

It's common knowledge by now that when problems like this arise, they aren't the fault of the system, but the laziness of the head honcho team, in this case, Activision. 

Even the title points it out.

Oh, the Switch carts can store them. We just have Activision to blame again as per the comments in that reddit post point out. 

But don't you think it's possible that they can only optimize so much without loosing much quality? What if the maximum size they can reduce is 40gb? These games are pretty big... Hopefully they can reduce it a lot and the part you have to download is 5gb at best.

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

But don't you think it's possible that they can only optimize so much without loosing much quality? What if the maximum size they can reduce is 40gb? These games are pretty big... Hopefully they can reduce it a lot and the part you have to download is 5gb at best.

Spyro is literally nowhere near as big to warrant it, and the idea they couldn't lessen it down further is fucking ridiculous. Case in point, Doom 2016 is 80GB on PS4, and that was ported to Switch with no issues.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

25 minutes ago, Jango said:

You're asking this despite the fact that there are already games far bigger than Spyro working just fine on the Switch?

Despite the fact that Activision themselves already botched it on PS4 and XBox One.

Despite the fact that they constantly already did this with Call of Duty?

Jango buddy. I don't know what to tell you, except, welcome to Activision town. Priority: Profit whatever way they can, no matter how cheap they're going to be.