Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

BTW, I am not Steve from Stranger Things in case you're wondering.

I hope they finally and actually reveal the Spyro remakes tho'. If they don't, let it be the second best game instead:

latest?cb=20130131000606

That game was actually pretty fun IMO.

22 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Activision was supposed to make an announcement tonight, but they said today the stream would instead be done tomorrow night at 7:30PM EST. According to the Kotaku leak, there was an announcement for Spyro in March, and during last weeks stream they said they would make an announcement during this weeks stream and that it is Not Call of Duty related.

You lost me at sourcing  Kotaku I'm afraid. 

And going off of the lack of a Spyro announcement,  I'm going to rest my case that Kotaku is not a source you want to stake your claims in,  especially given their track record. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, and as for what that "announcement" was  about well.....

And people wonder why I don't trust Activision.

Now granted, some of the news were fans and leakers' faults, but the bit about none of the news being CoD was from Acti themselves. Which means they effectively lied. To be fair they did say it wouldn't be CoD related......"Or is it?"

Good game Activision.

4 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

So apparently, this went on on the stream.

At this point,  it just comes off as clinging hard on to hearsay from the fans. 

The guy was a streaming newbie who was being cornered by out of control factions from both Spyro and the CoD fans wanting MWR2 ,so it's no shock he said those things. 

He's incredibly low down on the ranking too,  so it's highly unlikely he knows squat about stuff outside that CoD news he shared. 

I get being hopeful,  but this is getting to ludicrous leaps of logic and it's not helping how terrible the Spyro and CoD fans are acting in response to this stream,  both acting too entitled, or high and mighty. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm sure I can't be the only one disappointed with Activision at this point. Just give Spyro back to Insomniac Games and Sony, at least they'll let you know something. Another great video by VTNVIVI, who is just as dissapointed as the rest of us. Activision literally confused us to the point of not caring anymore, Sega and Sony seem to have it more straight Activision now. All because Activision is one of the biggest video game companies in the world doesn't give them an excuse to do what they did.

But they never said Spyro was going to be announced. They said there will be AN announcement, and the streamer guy joked about not being CoD related (or is it?).

I think it was going to be Spyro, but since people are so over excited, they decided to save the reveal for E3, where they would get even MORE attention. Hype is real, they can't simply announce this during a shaddy live stream anymore.

The game exists, I highly, HIGHLY doubt Laura would be lying, what kind of professional is she then? 

No pointing in blaming Activision (or the poor woman) and heck, demanding they to "give back" Spyro to Sony or Insomniac. For all we know, saving the announcement for E3 was SONY'S idea, because Spyro will most likely have the same fate as Crash, one year exclusive to the Sony PlayStation 4, and will be revealed during their conference, just like Crash. Sony paid for that. They're sly bastards.

Patience, my friends. It will happen, and no more shoes will be eaten.

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I'm sure I can't be the only one disappointed with Activision at this point. Just give Spyro back to Insomniac Games and Sony, at least they'll let you know something. Another great video by VTNVIVI, who is just as dissapointed as the rest of us. Activision literally confused us to the point of not caring anymore, Sega and Sony seem to have it more straight Activision now. All because Activision is one of the biggest video game companies in the world doesn't give them an excuse to do what they did.

I don’t see why people are shocked. After the massive effort that went into Crash’s announcement, it was pretty obvious the reveal wasn’t just gonna be stringed onto a random stream by a relatively newbie streamer as Jova said. 

Giving the rights over to Insomniac isn’t going to mean much when they have no interest in continuing the series. They’re working on a Spider-Man game right now and after that will likely jump into a new Ratchet title. 

I do still think it’s happening - there’s been too many leaks to just ignore and on top of that - the sheer fact that the streamer had no problem mentioning things like Odyssey and the possibility of Crash in Smash 5 directly by name yet he wouldn’t directly address the claims of a Spyro collection, just having to be very roundabout with it and say things like “well the COD DLC2 announcement was the announcement”. 

But I don’t get why people have serious outrage with this. The chances of a Spyro announcement were slim to none just through common sense - they aren’t going to announce the sequel HD collection to one of their biggest surprise hits in a random Activision stream. 

• Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Jango said:

They said there will be AN announcement, and the streamer guy joked about not being CoD related (or is it?).

Yeah, and it turned out to be CoD related.

I think it was going to be Spyro, but since people are so over excited, they decided to save the reveal for E3, where they would get even MORE attention. Hype is real, they can't simply announce this during a shaddy live stream anymore.

Okay, I'm sorry, but people getting so hyped and then trying to act like they weren't sucked into the hype with stretches like this are really annoying.

Guys, hear me out. Activision are not that clever. Not to mention that it makes no sense to hype people up for supposedly a Spyro announcement and then bail on it at the last moment. Hype hasn't increased from this, it's deflated. Nowadays people are saying the cries for Spyro, if it shows up, will be mainly ones of impatience, not joy.

Speaking as someone who was never expecting Spyro to show, if this really were a ploy by Activision, that would be one of the most stupid and consumer toggling ploys to make, especially considering how much the stream itself sucked with barely any game played compared to often Kevin Kelly paused the game to some nonsense here and there (one of the points about socks IIRC). This would not be clever. Even if Spyro wasn't planned, hyping people up with news of supposed big announcement and then canning said announcement is poison to good will and image. Hell, even with games that take forever to come out, FF7 Remake, KH3, Shenmue 3, etc. Just knowing they exist, raised good will. Guess Activision didn't get the memo if this is supposedly a plan of theirs.

The game exists, I highly, HIGHLY doubt Laura would be lying, what kind of professional is she then?

She's a leaker who spitballs and has never really been the sole leaker to point something out that others haven't beforehand. I'm not quite sure I'd call her a professional. I won't call her dumb or a liar though. What I do reckon though is that she could be going off a strong but possibly incorrect hunch, or she's just having a spot of bad luck with this case.

When it comes to leakers, track records help and so far, nothing she's said regarding the Spyro stuff has come true yet. I'm not going to put my faith in her to the level of say, Ryce.

For all we know, saving the announcement for E3 was SONY'S idea, because Spyro will most likely have the same fate as Crash, one year exclusive to the Sony PlayStation 4, and will be revealed during their conference, just like Crash. Sony paid for that. They're sly bastards.

That's assuming there was even a Spyro announcement in the first place. I highly doubt they were even planning to release such in a rinky dink stream like the Activision one in the first place. Kevin Kelly set the stage a week ago. Y'all got the announcement which was the Call of Duty World War II DLC. No questions about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

That's one hell of an overreaction if I do say so myself.

Eh, as much as I understand people being upset, no point in complaining at Activision, they weren't the ones who said ''btw there's a Spyro thing to be revealed in march'', and they also weren't the ones that kept going ''oh shit it's gonna be X date'' every single week, so they didn't exactly fooled us.

• Thumbs Up 1

What Ryan said. 

I didn't for a second expect the trilogy to be announced. A big gaming-event in the calendar year such as E3 is far more appropriate for a reveal of a remaster of a 20-year-old trilogy of a very popular franchise for maximum exposure. 

Whilst there is evidence to suggest a remaster has already started development, it becomes silly season when fans start claiming that have inside knowledge of when a game is being announced, then other fans get themselves hyped-up only to end up being disappointed.

Do I think a Spyro Remaster is happening? Absolutely, but a release date of 2020 is more likely. There's no way Activision would have green-lighted a remaster until they saw how well the N-Sane trilogy has sold.

For me, a Spyro Remaster would be fucking wonderful, because whilst it's been a while since I played the original trilogy, I used to play those games to death (I've 100%d all three games a few times). I rate the original trilogy on par/maybe better than the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy. So, for me this would be a big deal, but I'm not getting myself worked-up over when an announcement is gonna be made. It will happen when it happens.

15 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

She's a leaker who spitballs and has never really been the sole leaker to point something out that others haven't beforehand.

Wasn’t she the only one who correctly “leaked” until dawn rush of blood?

8 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wasn’t she the only one who correctly “leaked” until dawn rush of blood?

Technically not. Since the email leaking the info in question was sent to Destructoid as a whole back then.

She reported the leak as a rumor on behalf of Destructoid. Technically a feat, but she wasn't really what I'd call "the only one" in that case.

10 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Whilst there is more than enough evidence to suggest a remaster has already started development, it becomes silly season when fans start claiming that have inside knowledge of when a game is being announced, then other fans get themselves hyped-up only to end up being disappointed.

Heh, this reminds me of 2013-2014. Back when fans were on the hunt for a new Crash game. Now that was back when real evidence was piling up big. Heck, they even renewed a Crash site. Admittedly, that one was actually more legit heart-wrenching considering the clues at hand and how even Acti themselves had been teasing Crash, only to pull out (and this was before they got the ball rolling on the NST, just for clarification).

I still don't see the point of this thread, you might as well have one for example for Devil May Cry 5, since the fanbase of that series has been following the exact same logic of this thread for a while now. A cycle where they're convinced there's gonna be an announcement at X event or stream, they massively inflate it only for it to not be present and them going "oh, it's gonna be next time". Rime, rinse, repeat, and that's when they're not pissed thinking it's actually the company's fault and not them. Yeah, maybe eventually there will be an actual announcement, but people need to learn how to not trust everything that goes on the internet (and i REALLY shouldn't say this in 2018) and maybe actually wait, after that they'll have all the rights to discuss and speculate to their hearts' contempt. I did not jump on the recent Smash hype train until it was actually announced in the March Direct for example.
10+ pages of pretty much nothing but "oh, it's gonna be announced, i'm hyped" and occasionally someone being triggered by users who dare disrespect the holy words of the supposed leaker. Would have it been a general Spyro thread it would have made a bit more sense, but it's only based entirely around faulty informations that so far have turned out to be false one way or the other. Fried air, as we call around my parts, and i fail to see why any discussion about this shouldn't be withheld until an actual announcement or at least be confined in Status Updates.

Also, the fact that a lot of people (i'm speaking in general for the Internet, reminder, not for the SSMB) are ignoring that the streamers of yesterday essentially got harassed by a fanbase who has overinflated a rumor and pretended for it to be true (and got no real repercussion from this) is quite disturbing. It's a trend i've seen happening repetitively in recent times like with Nintendo in the past months over the announcement of a Direct that did not happen until way later on but it did not stopped people spamming on Twitter, convinced they knew the truth and Nintendo was conspiring against the informations they knew. And i really don't want it to continue nor to escalate, otherwise almost everything gaming related will turn into a witch hunt in little time.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Absolutely 1

People do not seem to have read one of my previous post where I posted tweets from Laura where she points out that stuff gets delayed, etc. 

21 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Do I think a Spyro Remaster is happening? Absolutely, but a release date of 2020 is more likely. There's no way Activision would have green-lighted a remaster until they saw how well the N-Sane trilogy has sold.

2019 seems more likely to me. Crash from announcement took a full year of additional development.

25 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

Technically not. Since the email leaking the info in question was sent to Destructoid as a whole back then.

She reported the leak as a rumor on behalf of Destructoid. Technically a feat, but she wasn't really what I'd call "the only one" in that case.

This really feels like stretching and missing the point just as a way to decred her. She reported the leak before anyone else, and people shat on her(including the devs) in response. Whether her coworkers also knew doesn’t matter. Maybe if they were going around posting online about it too, but they weren’t 

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

the sheer fact that the streamer had no problem mentioning things like Odyssey

That's Nintendo related though.....he talked about Sea of Thieves and plenty other stuff to boot too, so I'm not quite seeing how that really fits in the puzzle. Esepcially since Activision's not involved with those games anyway.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

the possibility of Crash in Smash 5 directly by name yet he wouldn’t directly address the claims of a Spyro collection, just having to be very roundabout with it and say things like “well the COD DLC2 announcement was the announcement”. 

Well, again, as stated before, he's waaay low down on the ranking. He doesn't really know squat outside the CoD stuff.

15 minutes ago, KHCast said:

She reported the leak before anyone else, and people shat on her(including the devs) in response.

I don't know the finer details about what was going on with people's reactions to her and don't care, so I'd rather I not get wrapped up in supposedly having an agenda against her.

Besides, she did have to verify the details with additional sources outside of the just the one. You're free to call it a legit leak, I personally find it to be a well-documented and corroborated report that wasn't the sole leak, given its verification with other sources.

And I really don't care for how folks who doubt Laura Kate on this Spyro deal tend to get lambasted.

Regardless of what information she got, it's had a trend of tuning out incorrect. That's just the brakes with an activity as risque as leaking. People don't owe you the benefit of the doubt in this game. So even if it was originally to be, which again, I doubted from the second, she rolled the dice and just didn't win this one. Stuff happens, and I don't find it that big a deal. She'll come back from it.

That said, people attacking her are also in the wrong over this whole ordeal too. Good grief, the entitlement.

15 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

Besides, she did have to verify the details with additional sources outside of the just the one. You're free to call it a legit leak, I personally find it to be a well-documented and corroborated report that wasn't the sole leak, given its verification with other sources.

And those other sources would be...? Until she brought up the game, no one was reporting it. And yes, it’s a leak since the company then wrote it off and used the “we have no plans for until dawn dlc” like in response in hopes of throwing people off. Again it just kinda comes off like you’re giving Laura more slack even when she’s the first to report on a leak. Not defending her entirely, but simply don’t understand why we’ll write her off but not others who are just as prone to being wrong or off about things.

7 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Not defending her entirely, but simply don’t understand why we’ll write her off but not others who are just as prone to being wrong or off about things. 

Except, I do write off other would-be leakers who don't have a good track record. Laura's the only one here in question. By all means, present other leakers who're leaking on Spyro and I''ll be just as skeptical with them. Laura's not some special case.

Like I said, Ryce, while not leaking as much, earned his rep, especially with the MvC: I debacle.

Laura's statements and predictions when they've been right, haven't really been the sole element available. Even with Mario+Rabbids, that was announced first on a french report article before her (and she called it a croosover with Yoshi). Look, when she's right, she's right, but because of her actual track record of sole leaker, I'm not privy to vest my faith in.

And to be fair, I'm like that with most leakers anyway, so it's unfair to say I'm particularly like that with just her.

8 minutes ago, KHCast said:

And those other sources would be...?

As for that, other independent sources as she herself put in, in the rumor report.

Not saying she was wrong with the one of course, but that doesn't really give me the hint of a leaker. Kudos to her curating the intel though.

LKD is pretty mixed. She's gotten things right, but she's also gotten plenty wrong.

The thing with Spyro is, it's obviously happening. I could've told you that last year. Her saying it's happening and it eventually being announced doesn't mean much. She said it would be announced this month and she was wrong, right? She says plans change, but chances are she simply had a bogus source.

Doesn't excuse anyone attacking her, though.

• Thumbs Up 1