Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Giving the rights over to Insomniac isn’t going to mean much when they have no interest in continuing the series. They’re working on a Spider-Man game right now and after that will likely jump into a new Ratchet title. 

That's probably true, but Insomniac Games did say they would like to go back to Spyro and they said never say never. Plus I think once Activision finds a leak for a date of announcement, they switch it with something else, the simple bait and switch, like they did with the stream. Really why announce Call of Duty related stuff with a game like Crash that's not even rated the same as the other. Crash being a family game, while Call of Duty being a 18+ game, what the heck why not have Spyro which is the same as Crash.

If it's anything like Naughty Dog, most of the people responsible for Spyro likely aren't even in Insomniac anymore anyway.

16 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

That's probably true, but Insomniac Games id say they would like to go back to Spyro and they said never say never.

That was four years ago when they said that, and on top of that they're gained far larger projects when in comparison - they had a bite sized Ratchet game and Sunset Overdrive as their last projects. Spider-Man is likely their most ambitious game to date and Ratchet PS4 was one of the best selling titles of the series, Insomniac has no reason to go back to Spyro. Naughty Dog also said the same thing for a number of years on Jak & Daxter and yet we've still haven't had a new title in about 10 years. Having Activision sell the rights on sheer gamble that Insomniac might decide to do something is stupid and is absolutely an overreaction. 

They never announced anything last night, the COD DLC was announced on an entirely different stream altogether and people assumed that because last night was Crash, "the announcement had to be Spyro" despite the fact the guy literally spent half of the stream clarifying that the COD DLC had been announced already in a previous stream and that was what he referred to. 

Trying to pretend that Activision is actively trying to hunt down leaks so they can change the date is an insane stretch to try make them look petty and spiteful when the true fact of the matter is that people have gotten somewhat entitled with the leak and kept assuming every single leaked date had to be the date of announcement. Instead of assuming that Activision is deliberately trying to spite Spyro fans, how about taking a moment to consider maybe the person posting these "dates" is actually wrong?

That's the problem with leaks, they aren't guaranteed and usually when you get a date leak, it means fuck all and usually doesn't end up meaning a thing. Even the likes of recent leaks like Sonic Racing didn't have a date IIRC and instead was just pretty obvious that it would be announced with SXSW which already hyped an announcement prior. 

Like, let's be realistic and use our common sense here. This was the very first announcement of N Sane Trilogy at E3 2016:

They literally had an giant stage in a theatre and a live orchestra doing the music of the series being announcing the game proper. This was a game which by all accounts was a risk, given how long Crash had been dead for (Around 9 years). So now that N Sane Trilogy was a smash hit, people legitimately think that instead of announcing it as a huge name title, it's instead going to be announced randomly out of the blue, or better yet, announced in an unrelated stream with little to no evidence for such? I mean common logic all but makes it obvious that would not be the case. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 30/03/2018 at 12:29 PM, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

Yeah, and it turned out to be CoD related.

Okay, I'm sorry, but people getting so hyped and then trying to act like they weren't sucked into the hype with stretches like this are really annoying.

Guys, hear me out. Activision are not that clever. Not to mention that it makes no sense to hype people up for supposedly a Spyro announcement and then bail on it at the last moment. Hype hasn't increased from this, it's deflated. Nowadays people are saying the cries for Spyro, if it shows up, will be mainly ones of impatience, not joy.

Speaking as someone who was never expecting Spyro to show, if this really were a ploy by Activision, that would be one of the most stupid and consumer toggling ploys to make, especially considering how much the stream itself sucked with barely any game played compared to often Kevin Kelly paused the game to some nonsense here and there (one of the points about socks IIRC). This would not be clever. Even if Spyro wasn't planned, hyping people up with news of supposed big announcement and then canning said announcement is poison to good will and image. Hell, even with games that take forever to come out, FF7 Remake, KH3, Shenmue 3, etc. Just knowing they exist, raised good will. Guess Activision didn't get the memo if this is supposedly a plan of theirs.

She's a leaker who spitballs and has never really been the sole leaker to point something out that others haven't beforehand. I'm not quite sure I'd call her a professional. I won't call her dumb or a liar though. What I do reckon though is that she could be going off a strong but possibly incorrect hunch, or she's just having a spot of bad luck with this case.

When it comes to leakers, track records help and so far, nothing she's said regarding the Spyro stuff has come true yet. I'm not going to put my faith in her to the level of say, Ryce.

That's assuming there was even a Spyro announcement in the first place. I highly doubt they were even planning to release such in a rinky dink stream like the Activision one in the first place. Kevin Kelly set the stage a week ago. Y'all got the announcement which was the Call of Duty World War II DLC. No questions about it.

It's a bummer, yes, it sucked, but we're part of the problem because we hyped this so much -because we want it so much- without any official information, like @Teoskaven put.  Activision's move was pretty weird and done more harm than good, of course. At this point, there's no more reason to look forward to anything beyond E3. 

Seriously, a CoD DLC? FFS.

I’ve been thinking, maybe we could see an announcement at PAX East next week? Because I just found out that the MedEvil remaster could get a full unveiling next week. 

I still think it's going to be E3. This year is the 20th anniversary of the Spyro series. N Sane Trilogy was announced at E3 2016 which was the 20th anniversary for Crash.

• Absolutely 1

Remember today's date. Just saying.

• Nice Smile 1

Whether or not MediEvil is an actual thing that will be remastered (since the PSP remake already was controversial and was received as such; and Sony shut down the studio that created the series last year), that series was entirely a Sony project through and through and unrelated to anything from the Insomniac/Naughty Dog relationship.

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

Whether or not MediEvil is an actual thing that will be remastered (since the PSP remake already was controversial and was received as such; and Sony shut down the studio that created the series last year), that series was entirely a Sony project through and through and unrelated to anything from the Insomniac/Naughty Dog relationship.

MediEvil Remaster was already announced at PSX.

6 minutes ago, Marcello said:

MediEvil Remaster was already announced at PSX.

And they're remastering the PSP version.......... goodie. :U

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Unrelated (kind of) but check out what Eurogamer did for April Fools.

Damn! It's real!!!

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

No. They confirmed it’s the original one they’re remastering. 

Source or you're April Foolsing me. 

Considering how the reveal trailer was clearly in the vein of the PSP version. 

17 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

This just popped up in my feed. 

Considering those servers are akin to the ones for the Crash Bandicoot site,  it's more likely,  that just the servers were updated,  not really the site itself. 

Official article and better look at the letter and egg.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2018/04/02/spyro-the-dragon-remaster-possibly-teased-by-mysterious-package

IGN thinks it may be a late April's Fool joke... But c'mon? Really? If anything, this just confirms even more the game's existence, Activision isn't stupid to joke about this, they know fans are reading everything.

No way in hell it's coming this year tho', I doubt this was secretly in development at the same time as Crash. VV maybe just programmed one level from Spyro 1 for pure test purposes and it went full production late 2017.

23 minutes ago, Jango said:

Official article and better look at the letter and egg.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2018/04/02/spyro-the-dragon-remaster-possibly-teased-by-mysterious-package

IGN thinks it may be a late April's Fool joke... But c'mon? Really? If anything, this just confirms even more the game's existence, Activision isn't stupid to joke about this, they know fans are reading everything.

No way in hell it's coming this year tho', I doubt this was secretly in development at the same time as Crash. VV maybe just programmed one level from Spyro 1 for pure test purposes and it went full production late 2017.

That exact source contradicts your thoughts. :U

Project Falcon, which the source implies to be Spyro, began at the same time as the Crash Remasters. Activision wouldn't just sink money and developing power into 2 years of nothing waiting to see if the Crash stuff does well.

But how?? And people are saying it was the "worst kept secret in gaming industry" lol. If it started along Crash, it's the best. 

I have a HARD time believing Activision would green light the development of both IPs without seeing actual numbers in their bank accounts, these are the same people that denied Crash in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and cancelled a bunch of games letting the Bandicoot in the limbo for eight freaking years, bro. We know Project Falcon is Spyro now but I find it easier to believe that it was something else at the time, a new Skylanders maybe, and it eventually became the codename for Spyro since there's no sign of a new Skylanders currently.

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

But how?? And people are saying it was the "worst kept secret in gaming industry" lol. If it started along Crash, it's the best. 

It's only badly kept because people are looking for clues. Before Crash's revival, there were probably a lot of hints and possible leaks, but since people had given up hope, only the most hardcore fans noticed, and that mostly went ignored. Heck, even AFTER the remasters, it was only after Laura's leak that people began looking for clues.

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

I have a HARD time believing Activision would green light the development of both IPs without seeing actual numbers in their bank accounts, these are the same people that denied Crash in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and cancelled a bunch of games letting the Bandicoot in the limbo for eight freaking years, bro.

They didn't deny it, they just asked for more money than Sony would've wanted to put into it. And considering how half assed PASBR was, it probably wasn't even an absurd number.

And you need to remember that not only Sony's been in talks with Activision at least since 2013, but that also these remasters were made on a budget. The engine is reused from Skylanders, the geometry is copied from the original games, music, development and voice acting is entirely in house, never once going out of their way to get someone who worked on the original, instead using people already on Activision's payroll. It's not a big budget production, which was probably why Activision greenlit it even knowing the risks. And probably why Spyro was done along with it. Assets would be shared, they'd use the same engine, and the same music crew and possibly even voice crew to work on both.

14 minutes ago, Jango said:

We know Project Falcon is Spyro now but I find it easier to believe that it was something else at the time, a new Skylanders maybe, and it eventually became the codename for Spyro since there's no sign of a new Skylanders currently.

That's not how game developing works, a project doesn't just go from ''let's make an entirely new game for a franchise'' to ''let's remaster an entirely different game from a different franchise'' after the project is ALREADY GREENLIT

If anything, they may be waiting for the Crash Nsane ports to come and go before announcing anything. If that's the case, then I don't really know why they would bother. Also, it may be that it only got greenlit after Crash Nsane took off, proving there was money to be had in redoing Spyro as well.

I know I said I was going to wait for official press release or announcement, but the trilogy is now being teased at yet again. In addition to the egg sent to IGN, the return address was removed from there unboxing video in this Tweet

The address is an Activision address. In addition to this, the above video features a Tweet from Playstation France featuring Spyro in Gif form. Now this is how Crash's teases started, but from Playstation Netherlands.