Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

1 minute ago, Jango said:

People are hunting these eggs like Thanos is hunting the Infinity Stones:

3GTMOUAsH2UUQTFW-7gbm-hscvvqaf9wSea3008-

According to JB and that video, it's not a total of 12 eggs, but 16 instead

33 minutes ago, Motwera said:

According to JB and that video, it's not a total of 12 eggs, but 16 instead

What's amazing to me is that Activision is using something, that they didn't make to advertise something that's about to get announced. The letter was totally by them,but the eggs were made by someone on Etsy, as this same seller sells a bunch of different varieties of this same egg.

So if all the rumors are true and we do get a Spyro trilogy remake...is this going to be a total reboot like N.Sane was? Or is it just going to be a remake and Skylanders will continue on as usual? I ask cause if we DO get Spyro this year, how are they going to juggle it with the new Skylanders mobile game? Unless it gets cancelled before it's released, I can't really see the two co-existing.

1 hour ago, Red said:

So if all the rumors are true and we do get a Spyro trilogy remake...is this going to be a total reboot like N.Sane was? Or is it just going to be a remake and Skylanders will continue on as usual? I ask cause if we DO get Spyro this year, how are they going to juggle it with the new Skylanders mobile game? Unless it gets cancelled before it's released, I can't really see the two co-existing.

Skylanders is very much its own thing rather than being a genuine spinoff/different branch of the Spyro series. It has Spyro and a few other elements, but it otherwise has little to do with either the original or Legend continuities. The two could sit alongside each other just fine if Acti wanted.

By the same logic, the Crash N-Sane Trilogy wouldn't had been able to exist either because the last Skylanders game had Crash as DLC as well as a guest character in the animated series.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Skylanders is to Spyro like Titans was to Crash. A set of games and a redesign no one asked for. If Titans had to die then so should Skylanders. And yes Skylanders is supposed to be dead. But there's supposedly a mobile game coming. Which will hopefully just be cancelled because they'd be sending it out to die once the Spyro remakes get revealed anyway.

2 hours ago, Red said:

And yes Skylanders is supposed to be dead.

Well we still got Skylanders Academy season 3 coming later this year, might be the last because they are uncertain about a season 4. Also egg number 8 has  been found, this time in the UK, but the note is different as it doesn't say Falcon McBob.

Pray to goodness that this isn't setting up for a remake of "Spyro: Skylanders", then. 

Does Sony have a conference that's meant to be happening at PAX East? I feel these teases have to be building to something happening this week. I've looked on the schedule for all four days, and didn't note anything by Sony. Or Activision.

21 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

It's happening, dudes.

Hmm, if they're hinting at a crossover between Crash and Spyro, that would be sweet.

Just now, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

Hmm, if they're hinting at a crossover between Crash and Spyro, that would be sweet.

Why improve perfection?

• My Emmerdoods 2

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Why improve perfection?

You joke.....yet the eggs being purple akin to the purple that Crash is smashing through on the cover of Crash Bandicoot: Purple does lead to suggestion of a potential, yet proper remake of the crossover.

It would make logical sense as well. If Acti's not feeling as confident in Spyro as they are (FINALLY) with Crash, what better way then to bring him back with a crossover?

I wouldn't be surprised if they also use it to re-introduce Crunch and Nina to the remade Crash lore too.

Ok now this is much more concrete. Actually getting a little hyped here.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

You joke.....yet the eggs being purple akin to the purple that Crash is smashing through on the cover of Crash Bandicoot: Purple does lead to suggestion of a potential, yet proper remake of the crossover.

It would make logical sense as well. If Acti's not feeling as confident in Spyro as they are (FINALLY) with Crash, what better way then to bring him back with a crossover?

I wouldn't be surprised if they also use it to re-introduce Crunch and Nina to the remade Crash lore too.

Wasn't the crossover also developed by Vicarious Vision? it would scarily fit.
I hope for you guys this time to be the right one, i don't want this thread to keep going on emptyness alone for another 5 pages.

Just now, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

Well, if you wanna be more logical about it - People hate the crossover and they'd practically need to make an entirely new game altogether as opposed to remaking the crossover. Not to mention they'd be trying to adapt 2D into 3D.

I think doing another recreation of the original games would bode far well as a more profitable project as opposed to making a full and better version of a game people hate to begin with.

Sure, a crossover could happen, but I also doubt Activision would allocate the resources to make a full game altogether to introduce Spyro when they can bank on nostalgia with the original titles and save resources at the same time by doing so. Doing a crossover, a proper one of that nature and making it anywhere near enjoyable and profitable would require far more effort and money/resources than remaking the original trilogy on a Skylanders engine like Crash. 

2 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Wasn't the crossover also developed by Vicarious Vision? it would scarily fit.

Yes indeedy. Even used the engine VV had been doing with handheld Crash on the "platforming" sections.

Honestly, thinking about it. I recall it getting hinted we'd be getting new Crash stuff soon too. A crossover could fulfill that description.

And hey, it'd be one thing that VV and Acti get to brag over Nintendo and SEGA if they don't screw it up like the first time.

Well, if you wanna be more logical about it - People hate the crossover and they'd practically need to make an entirely new game altogether as opposed to remaking the crossover. Not to mention they'd be trying to adapt 2D into 3D.

I think doing another recreation of the original games would bode far well as a more profitable project as opposed to making a full and better version of a game people hate to begin with.

Let me reiterate. The "remake" I'm describing, would be more like a reimaging. In the sense that the gameplay would be different and there'd be far more actual content to it.

The crossover element itself was hated, but the execution was. People still dig the characters, and the crossover is relatively obscure.

I see it viable, them doing a legit crossover with Crash and Spyro, especially given the interaction between the Crash and Spyro social media elements and the server sharing.

Again, it could prove to be easy money, which Activision loves to high heaven.

It would be easy money, I'm not talking about it as a concept but the actual execution that we did received where all characters had a deep holding of the idiot ball (I get Crash, but Aku Aku and Spyro really couldn't tell that it was their worlds' retrospective enemies with masks on?). 

But remaking the original trilogy and banking on the love/nostalgia people hold for Spyro would also be easy money, at far lessened resource.

It would be easy money, I'm not talking about it as a concept but the actual execution that we did received where all characters had a deep holding of the idiot ball (I get Crash, but Aku Aku and Spyro really couldn't tell that it was their worlds' retrospective enemies with masks on?). 

Again, like I said, reimagining. See unlike the N-Sane trilogy, the original crossover was handheld and not a simple matter of upgrading graphics. I'm quite confident that there'd be script changes. Besides, idiot balls for some stupid reason tend to be common in crossovers. That was the least of the games' issues, especially with that plot bit being over quick enough after the respective first zones.

I know what you mean, it's just doing an re-imagining to the point it's an actual acceptable game isn't very feasible. Keep in mind that Crash saved so much on resources that it went and reused the literal level layouts and designs of the original games. For a crossover like this, since it was originally 2D, they have no reusable assets saved maybe the Crash NST stuff and Skylanders Engine, not to mention the time it would also take to develop Crash and Spyro's individual and varied playstyles. Because of that, it would require a lot more things built from scratch where a remake of the Spyro trilogy only has one focus on gameplay style and has a lot of reusable resources. 

Personally, I just see the tweet as "Look out Crash, you've got competition, you should be afraid".

55 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

WHEN CRASH? WHEN?

The Spyro demo will be patched in N.Sane Trilogy, I'm feeling it.

1 minute ago, Jango said:

WHEN CRASH? WHEN?

The Spyro demo will be patched in N.Sane Trilogy, I'm feeling it.

There's really no evidence to say that will be the case beyond a small easter egg present since launch. You're likely setting yourself up for disappointment. If there's a demo, it'll likely be on the PS Store with an early release for those who have NST.

Egg #10, 6 to go. Now it seems to be not just North America, but now France and now Latin America, which I think is part of Central America. As far as the Falcon McBob Tweet to Crash Bandicoot goes, that is actually something. Here's hoping TSSZ finds something Spyro from PAX East this weekend, starting tomorrow. According to VTNVIVI that Toy For Bob is doing something with their Twitter (plus if it already wasn't clear enough McBob is for Bob as in Toys For Bob).

Interesting thing that in 5 hours that the official Spyro the Dragon (aka Falcon McBob) Twitter Account has managed to get a little over 7k followers.