Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

4 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Personally, I just see the tweet as "Look out Crash, you've got competition, you should be afraid".

That wouldn't make much sense, given the tone of the tweet. Besides, nowadays in pretty much every bout of media, they're buddy-buddy.

And given how big a deal this egg thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if they have something extremely big planned.

*Sees Toys for Bob included*I

And then there's the fearful possibility of it being Skylander related.

4 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I know what you mean, it's just doing an re-imagining to the point it's an actual acceptable game isn't very feasible.

Actually it is. If they're essentially just taking gameplay elements from Crash in the N-Sane trilogy, bam, there's their Crash gameplay. And they could easily upgrade Spyro's looks and gameplay form the original trilogy into the actual crossover. Simple as pie there with not much effort. Just like Activision would love it to be.

22 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

*Sees Toys for Bob included*I

And then there's the fearful possibility of it being Skylander related.

Toys For Bob's been handling the N.Sane Trilogy Ports, actually, they're a small team so I doubt they're split into another project while doing this.

Also for the argument of a crossover

Crash Purple and Spyro Orange are mini game collections with barely any platforming in them. They're as much of a crossover as the Mario & Sonic series. So a remake of that wouldn't be able to count on what was built on Crash N.Sane.

2 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Toys For Bob's been handling the N.Sane Trilogy Ports, actually, they're a small team so I doubt they're split into another project while doing this.

Dude, did you see the twitter news? Toys For Bob are looking to be in on this one way or another. Besides, ports do not take a lot of man power, let's be honest. They have time for both, especially assuming that this potential crossover/Skylanders/whatever project would likely come out in 2019 while the ports come out this year.

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

Dude, did you see the twitter news? Toys For Bob are looking to be in on this one way or another. Besides, ports do not take a lot of man power, let's be honest. They have time for both, especially assuming that this potential crossover/Skylanders/whatever project would likely come out in 2019 while the ports come out this year.

I didn't actually, seems like the tweets aren't loading on the last page :U

Besides, a crossover is assumption at best at this point, all they did was post a picture of Crash, which could mean anything, really.

4 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

I didn't actually, seems like the tweets aren't loading on the last page :U

Besides, a crossover is assumption at best at this point, all they did was post a picture of Crash, which could mean anything, really.

Hence why I stated.

11 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

potential crossover/Skylanders/whatever project

To cover my bases.

5 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

I just want to point out for the record that as of early last year, Toys For Bob has been hiring for some sort of “Games as a Service” Project.

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/sr-executive-producer-toys-for-bob-novato-california-32451

And they’re still putting out hiring calls.

https://activision.referrals.selectminds.com/toysforbob

Klj6m.gif

PleasedontbeSkylandersPleasedontbeSkylandersPleasedontbeSkylandersPleasedontbeSkylandersPleasedontbeSkylandersPleasedontbeSkylandersPleasedontbeSkylanders

It being Skylanders won't negate the possibility of the remasters. We know they're happening by now, there's no doubt of it. Skylanders continuing to co-exist won't stop that. And honestly I kinda hope that's the case, because Spyro coming back will at least stop people from ranting about how Skylanders ruined Spyro every time the series is brought up.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

And honestly I kinda hope that's the case, because Spyro coming back will at least stop people from ranting about how Skylanders ruined Spyro every time the series is brought up.

It really won't. That series still screwed him six ways to Sunday.

It being Skylanders won't negate the possibility of the remasters.

But of course. Still, I wouldn't put it past Activision to be hyping that up instead of a proper return for Spyro.

11 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

We know they're happening by now, there's no doubt of it.

Ehhhh, think about it. This could lead up to just a new "Spyro and Skylanders Venture". That possibility is on the table.

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

It really won't. That series still screwed him six ways to Sunday.

Yes and that was like, 7 years ago. That was the first game, yet every following sequel, no matter the improvement, was always chalked up as ''oh they killed spyro so fuck this franchise''.

That's like saying every Sonic game after 06 is bad because 06 still exists.

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

Ehhhh, think about it. This could lead up to just a new "Spyro and Skylanders Venture". That possibility is on the table.

Skylanders never put much focus on Spyro tho', that's the thing, were they hyping up Skylanders, they wouldn't focus JUST on Spyro. Besides, with the number of insider leaks we've had thus far, unconfirmed sources or not, that's still a lot of sources pointing to the same outcome. Even IF(and that is a big IF right there) it doesn't happen this time, it's fair to say the sheer backlash will be enough to put the revival on the table for Activision, if the success of Crash and the Spyro demand the past few months didn't already.

Stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it....

I can't hear you I can't hear you I can't hear you....

This is not Skylanders. Please, NO. No, God, please no. NOOO. 

Never ever the Michael Scott meme was so real. Guys. C'mon. They're not INSANE to do it. Toys for Bob (what a stupid name, pardon me) may be involved assisting, say... Half Vicarious Visions? The other half is probably working on the Project Crash 2019 that was leaked.

8 minutes ago, Jango said:

Guys. C'mon. They're not INSANE to do it.

As a Transformers, King's Quest, Crash Bandicoot, and *insert name of franchise Activision had screwed over* fan., yes, I can confirm they are insane enough to do that with profit in mind.

Yes and that was like, 7 years ago. That was the first game, yet every following sequel, no matter the improvement, was always chalked up as ''oh they killed spyro so fuck this franchise''.

There are plenty of other legit reasons to hate Skylanders too y'know. I mean, there's a reason they've gone quiet for some time which is saying something for Acti!

Skylanders never put much focus on Spyro tho',

329854-skylanders-spyro-s-adventure-xbox

You'll have to forgive me for disagreeing, because I recall quite candidly how they used him to market Skylanders before just tossing him aside like trash.

Even IF(and that is a big IF right there) it doesn't happen this time, it's fair to say the sheer backlash will be enough to put the revival on the table for Activision, if the success of Crash and the Spyro demand the past few months didn't already.

I'm digress after saying this, but you're giving Activision way too much credit. One good deed does not undo the stigma they produced with overall treatment of both brands for nearly a decade. They have done stupid stuff and I'm not putting it past them to still do stupid stuff.

I hope for the best case in scenario, a crossover, but I've not yet seen any air tight or encouraging leaks that have been accurate yet to give me the faith that say, Ryce could produce.

Like,  let's honestly think. Activision sees the hype for Spyro,  combined with a chance to revitalize the dying  Skylanders brand to make all the more money grubbing sales,  you bet your final fantasies that they'd be liable to take that avenue in a heartbeat. 

Don't let your guard down around Activision and their hype,  ever. Learned that the hard way,  repeatedly.

Holy shit, the game is subtittled "Spyro's Adventure" and he isn't even that prominet, looks as relevant as any other creature on that art. If I didn't knew who Spyro was, I would assume is that green elf chick, since she's in the middle. What a missleading piece of garbage, they knew exactly what they were doing. Poor Spyro.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

As a Transformers, King's Quest, Crash Bandicoot, and *insert name of franchise Activision had screwed over* fan., yes, I can confirm they are insane enough to do that with profit in mind.

There are plenty of other legit reasons to hate Skylanders too y'know. I mean, there's a reason they've gone quiet for some time which is saying something for Acti!

You'll have to forgive me for disagreeing, because I recall quite candidly how they used him to market Skylanders before just tossing him aside like trash.

There are plenty of other reasons to hate Skylanders, and I agree on that, the franchise isn't perfect and has some bad apples. Which is why it honestly bothers me when complains never go further than ''it killed spyro''.

As for using Spyro, marketing wise, I don't recall them at any point during SSA's development even using Spyro outside of the title, no commercials, ads or anything ever said anything like ''SPYRO'S HERE'' or ''SPYRO'S BACK'', heck, some didn't even HAVE Spyro in them, that was my point. 

11 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

I'm digress after saying this, but you're giving Activision way too much credit. One good deed does not undo the stigma they produced with overall treatment of both brands for nearly a decade. They have done stupid stuff and I'm not putting it past them to still do stupid stuff.

I'm not giving them much credit, honestly, I'm just going by what we know. Activision is scummy and moneygrubber, Crash N.Sane Trilogy sold like water on a desert, and Skylanders sales kept going down ever since the third game, with the Toys to Life industry crashing and burning soon after. Add the factor that N.Sane was all but stated to be a budget title, while Skylanders involve mass producing figures, which is a riskier move if you don't get back enough to cover the losses, and the conclusion  is that Skylanders is not worth continuing, while Spyro is, albeit remade on the same steps as Crash was.

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

Holy shit, the game is subtittled "Spyro's Adventure" and he isn't even that prominet, looks as relevant as any other creature on that art. If I didn't knew who Spyro was, I would assume is that green elf chick, since she's in the middle. What a missleading piece of garbage, they knew exactly what they were doing. Poor Spyro.

Huh,  funny. There were actually quite a few people who thought she was Spyro thanks to that clumsy cover, curtesy of Activision. 

is why it honestly bothers me when complains never go further than ''it killed spyro

I agree. If only becuase,  like Haedox well put it. They didn't kill him. They just subjected him to a fate worse than death. :P

3 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:
21 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

There are plenty of other reasons to hate Skylanders, and I agree on that, the franchise isn't perfect and has some bad apples. Which is why it honestly bothers me when complains never go further than ''it killed spyro''.

As for using Spyro, marketing wise, I don't recall them at any point during SSA's development even using Spyro outside of the title, no commercials, ads or anything ever said anything like ''SPYRO'S HERE'' or ''SPYRO'S BACK'', heck, some didn't even HAVE Spyro in them, that was my point. 

Your point being? He still got soulessly used to try and prompt Spyro fans to get the game and when he no longer served Activision's monetary purposes, they shunted him out of sight and out of mind. 

16 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

Your point being? He still got soulessly used to try and prompt Spyro fans to get the game and when he no longer served Activision's monetary purposes, they shunted him out of sight and out of mind. 

My point being that he's so detached from the games and marketing that it was clearly an executive decision, not a developer decision, one that then proceeded to bite the developers back hard because Toys For Bob also got a lot of fire for this shit, and any followup games they did, even when they weren't forced to put Spyro in it, had the ''killed spyro'' stigma.

My point is that the Spyro adition was shitty, yes, but Skylanders as a franchise isn't to blame for that, their developers aren't to blame for that. Wanna blame Activision on their shitty decisions? Go for it, they have it coming and there's more than enough fuel for that fire. Much better than blaming devs who were forced to add Spyro on their pet project because someone thought it'd sell more units.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Much better than blaming devs who were forced to add Spyro on their pet project because someone thought it'd sell more units.

Except,  I did nothing of the sort,  so what's the problem?

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

Except,  I did nothing of the sort,  so what's the problem?

I mean, it wasn't directed at you, I'm discussing about people in general shitting on Skylanders, no one in specific, just the general mindset of ''Skylanders is bad because Spyro''  :U

I mean, it wasn't directed at you, I'm discussing about people in general shitting on Skylanders, no one in specific, just the general mindset of ''Skylanders is bad because Spyro''  :U

I don't fault those people for having that reason,  especially if they were Spyro fans tricked by the cover,  but I see where you're coming from nonetheless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

I don't fault those people for having that reason,  especially if they were Spyro fans tricked by the cover,  but I see where you're coming from nonetheless. 

It's cool, I was just pointing out that even if the fans felt angry, they should direct said anger to the right source. I apologize if I ended up sounding like I was attacking you, that was not the intention of my last comment.

• Nice Smile 1

Firstly I like Skylanders, but only Imaginators and Academy, why? Because they brought the focus back on Spyro, Cynder in Skylanders Academy Season 2, and Crash Bandicoot's revival was jump-started in both titles, which built up hype for the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy. Yes, Spyro and Cynder's designs were terrible in the games, but are way better in the show. Plus VTNVIVI is analysing the new Falcon McBob Spyro Twitter teaser.

Also, courtesy of the Spyro reddit

pAbgGbZxXfHF6qxL-ZTRNoRScuSyogETMBlRGH0-

The picture on the right eye is the machine from the N.Sane intro

SNiNaAf5Fq7BnnMjd_GZXenbF5KJlHLIY2aU4c9m

Aaand the one on the left is Spyro.

Tho' is it seems like it's indeed  new render.

• Thumbs Up 1

i don't know how to feel, on one hand i want to see the trilogy remade in the vain of the N.Sane trilogy, however the N.Sane trilogy's music was hit or miss for me, which has me worried as i love the music in Spyro 2

Year of the Dragon was the only one I played out of the original trilogy, if it weren't for graphics year of the dragon would've been better than A Heroes Tail. It's music main theme is what I still remember being one of the best parts as well as the number of playable characters and the large number of levels. I would certainly like to play it again, either the original or remaster. Speaking of which, does the official original PS memory cards work on the Slim PS2, that's the problem I face if I wanted to get the PSone Spyro games, so I was hoping someone can quickly give me a straight answer as I cannot find one.

WELL OK THERE WE FUCKING GO I GUESS

Reignited sounds pretty good. Is that Colossus in the boxart? I don't recognize the level, It's probably from Spyro 1.