Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Six months is quite a deadline, hope this doesn't get rushed.

Music starts off VERY Copeland-ish, though trails off into standard orchestral music that I'm not sure if is just stock trailer music.

Spyro only says one syllable but it sounds a LOT like Tom Kenny.

Just now, Ratcicle King said:

>Xbox One.

So none of that one year exclusivity then.

I don't see Switch or PC mentioned, so...

Anyway, looks pretty good, not gonna lie!

YouTube link for anyone who wants to see it there.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

Six months is quite a deadline, hope this doesn't get rushed.

It's been in works since 2015, it ain't getting rushed.

OH MY GOD THEY GOT TOM KENNY BACK?! THAT'S DEFINITELY HIS SPYRO VOICE.

VIDEO WAS TAKEN DOWN! 

You dun goofed, french website.

Edit, aaaaaaand it's back!

Edited by Jango

Looks great! The new art style looks close to perfect to me... is even a tiny bit better of a job at it then the Crash remakes which also looked amazing. I greatly prefer the somewhat more plastic look for cartoon games like this. I dislike overly detailed realistic textures and hair/fur that you see in many games and CGI cartoon movies nowadays, so i'm always happy to see more overall classic cartoon styles like this by comparison..

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Looks great! The new art style looks close to perfect to me... is even a tiny bit of better a job at it then the Crash remakes which also looked amazing. I greatly prefer the somewhat more plastic look for cartoon games like this. I dislike overly detailed realistic textures and hair/fur that you see in many games and CGI cartoon movies nowadays, so i'm always happy to see more overall classic cartoon styles like this by comparison..

Same, while N Sane Trilogy looked great the more realistic textures and fur were a bit out of place for Crash, I much prefer the Switch look for Crash.

Spyro however, looks freaking PERFECT. Cartoony, plastic-y, perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that we've got proper info, I've updated the topic OP with the trailer and what details we currently know, as well as the topic name with release and consoles. Will add more and replace the French trailer for English when that releases.

13 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

I don't see Switch or PC mentioned, so...

X Box One was the last one to get mentioned for the N-Sane trilogy behind the rest of the pack. So the others will come. 

If Toys for Bob is the only dev team involved in this, i can see Activsion having a long-term plan where Vicarious Vision will handle most of the Crash stuff and TfB most of the Spyro stuff, with one handling occasionally a port for the other (like TfB is doing from Crash on the Switch).

Anyway, what has been shown so far is decently convincing, and it mimics how the N.Sane Trilogy was revealed with bits from the first game, so we have to expect some screenshots on Twitter in the upcoming weeks.
The only releases listed here are PS4 and Xbox One. I guess the Switch and PC will have to wait an year for this one as well.
And the September date doesn't seem to be a big deal, it's supposedly at the end of the month if the articles are anything to go by, so after the big hits like Spider-Man have been released.

WAIT

THERE'S NO ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVITY?

937zSfD.gif

YES.

God damn it Activision take all my money. Thank you for reviving Crash and Spyro. I love you even though you're a bunch of greedy fuckers but you're my greedy fuckers. Lots of hearts. ♥

• Chuckle 1

The English trailer has additional spoken lines from Spyro.

And, PlayStation Blog post:

It’s Official: Spyro Reignited Trilogy Soars to PS4 September 21
Hold your horns! Our favorite purple dragon makes his long-awaited return later this year.

Toys for Bob has long admired the original Spyro trilogy. Long before Skylanders, way back in 1998, the very first Spyro the Dragon was an inspiration to us. The level design, the controls, the art style, the humor, the music, the sense of discovery – it was groundbreaking in so many ways. There’s no getting around the fact that the feisty purple dragon is one of the most important and influential heroes in 3D platformer history. Now twenty years on, we are deeply honored to have the responsibility of remastering Insomniac’s historic trilogy, and our most powerful motivator is knowing how important Spyro is to millions of passionate fans across the globe.

Updating a Classic
Remastering a classic is a unique undertaking for a game developer – unlike the creation of a new game where you have to find the fun, you’re starting with a game that already has proven, time-tested fun. The real challenge lies in how to remaster a beloved classic in such a way that is true to the spirit and feel of the original while also maximizing fidelity (art, animation, visual effects, sound effects, music, controls) and integrating quality-of-life improvements that modern players expect (analog stick camera control, auto-save system, more fast-travel options, etc.).

Staying True
Given the intense passion the fans have for the original trilogy, we are approaching development with reverence—a deep respect for all the decisions that went into making the original games. In the interest of getting the feel right, one of the first things we agreed upon internally was that Spyro’s original movement metrics — speeds and accelerations for walking, running, jumping, charging, gliding, flying, swimming, hovering, and more – should be matched as closely as possible. And in a similar vein, an authentic recreation of the platforming gameplay throughout the expansive and enchanted levels of the original trilogy would require the dimensions and collision details of the world geometry to come very close to matching the originals. Needless to say, the Dragon Realms of 2018 utilize considerably more polygons than their 1998 counterparts.

Engineering Magic
In the interest of recapturing the enchanted details from the classic trilogy in fine detail, our programming team set out to magically slurp inspiration directly from the original games. Spyroscope was born. This internally developed tool sends fairies into the original games who convert game details into a format that designers can easily interpret, allowing for extremely accurate game object placement and motion. Ultimately, we were also able to leverage many of the original assets such as level models, level collision, animated objects, character models, music, game text, and game sounds through a combination of other in-house tools and a few payments to Moneybags.

“Thank you for releasing me!”
Upon this solid foundation of data from the original trilogy, we’ve set out to craft a remaster trilogy worthy of Spyro’s 20th anniversary celebration. Each day, we’re working hard to fill the Dragon Realms, Avalar, and the Forgotten Realms with all the magic you remember. We can’t wait to share it with you all later this year. Stay posted for more updates from the team—we look forward to revealing more details with the PlayStation community as the release date approaches. In the meantime, we hope you don’t have too much trouble with the trolley.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/05/its-official-spyro-reignited-trilogy-soars-to-ps4-september-21/

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, Switch and PC version will come, it happend with Crash, I have zero doubt that is gonna come next year.

Well, look at that.

After months of speculation, rumors, and misdirection, we finally have confirmation: The legendary purple dragon is back- not Elijah Wood!Spyro, not Skylanders!Spyro- original Spyro.  He's been out of commission since 2005, but now he's ready to remind the world that Crash wasn't the only star of the PS1. 

After twenty years, I can finally revisit Spyro 1- my very first video game, and Year of the Dragon, as well as finally try out Ripto's Rage. (Assuming this does eventually come to Switch) I feel like a kid again! Let me just say...

Spoiler

2e3.jpg

Welcome back, old friend.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Jango said:

YES! Everybody will be able to play at the same time!!!

>people say this kind of stuff
>people completely forget about the lack of Switch or PC in the listed platforms

pls

• Thumbs Up 1

With Gnasty returning I wonder if they'll use the A Hero's Tail design or upgrade the classic one?

Also heeeeeeeell yes I can finally beat Year of the Dragon without that stupid anti-piracy bullshit.

Screw you Naughty Dog.