Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

The point is that she wasn't a figure that got people to believe it in droves.And like you said already,  most people saw it coming and FROM being on the Switch chart basically gave it away. 

That doesn't boost leaker credibility on her behalf. Heck,  it'd be more attention grabbing if she'd leaked and been accurate about Dark Souls NOT showing up.  

Props to her for at least adopting a better strategy than her previous one,  but she's still got a ways to go. 

Thread is temp closed while we clean some stuff out.

EDIT: So after talking it over with staffers, I've removed one link in particular that we've gotten complaints about. I'm not saying people can't question the veracity of reporters' or sites' claims, but I don't think links to a site that amounts to a hall of shame/dogpiling/drama of public figures really belong here (which is the primary reason I bothered to review this when the complaints came in). News sites and archives of her own reports/claims are fair game, though.

Other than that, try to stay on task and not go too far out of our way complaining about who the source is if we don't need to. We also didn't see a reason to move this into an ongoing thread and we couldn't really find a current enough one that was worth updating, so we're going to leave this to stand (and it's at least worth entertaining for the time being since Crash just got his due). And if it doesn't come to pass ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Oh yeah, I forgot that Spyro had a voice cast in the original trilogy that CAN be reprised, unlike Crash (Brendan O'Brien long retired before N-Sane, Clancy Brown was treated poorly, Vicki Winters has done nothing since Crash 2 period, William Hootkins outright died). 

There's no way they'll get Tom Kenny back to reprise Spyro (and the god-knows-how-many extras he voiced), he's worth too much now. 

Edit: I tell a lie, Michael Ensign was N.Tropy in Crash 3 (and most appearances of N. Tropy actually). He could have be reprised, he just...wasn't. 

I never played the original Spyro trilogy. If the rumor is true, then it's definitely something to keep on my radar. I've always been curious about the series, so this should be interesting, at the very least.

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

There's no way they'll get Tom Kenny back to reprise Spyro (and the god-knows-how-many extras he voiced), he's worth too much now. 

Tom Kenny is in everything. I see no reason he'd turn down a reprisal of Spyro.

The question is, would they bring him back, or use Spyro's Skylanders VA? Or even still, if they DID bring back Tom, would they have him play Spyro in all 3 games, or just 2 and 3 and bring in Carlos Alazraqui for Spyro 1?

6 hours ago, Red said:

Jess Harnell voiced Spyro for A Hero's Tail. Maybe they'll just use him, since he's already Crash?

Jess is already on Acti’s payroll since he just did Crash in N. Sane/Skylanders and was Spyro at one point so if anything, he’ll probably reprise Spyro for the potential remakes. 

Or they could just go the other route and get whoever voices him in Skylanders*. 

It saves time than to just ask Tom Kenny or even Carlos Alazraqui to reprise the role (Tom sounds totally phoned in in ETD but we don’t ever talk about that game and Carlos only did Spyro once). 

EDIT: Now that I recall, VV did say a while back they made the effort of asking Clancy Brown if he was interested in coming back to Crash for N. Sane but ultimately turned it down. It can apply to Tom Kenny coming back to Spyro as well, y’know if Acti or VV makes the effort of doing so. Tom actually did a few voices in the Skylanders games as well so that adds more fuel to the fire. 

*I swear Spyro has gone through more voices than Sonic ever did so it’s hard to keep track. 

@VEDJ-F This is actually the first time I’ve heard of Clancy getting lousy treatment. Could you explain it a bit more? I just figured he ditched Crash since he was making more with SpongeBob/DC. 

The thread was unlocked? O.o 

Hahaha, ah man! We're going the same route as 2016, a rumor, followed by a voice actor's tweet.

All that's left now is a toy company leak :P Or someone from NeoGAF hinting at this remake 3 years ago.

I’m hoping the exclusivity part is wrong or out of date. The secrecy on Nsane trilogy has been straight up lousy and deceitful. I mean I can live with it if they are upfront about it, but after the success of crash and the Switch, I’m sure Activisions greed is making them consider simultaneous release

Was thinking about a name for the game, what if they take a note out of Classic Sonic collections and call it Spyro Gems Trilogy?

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Was thinking about a name for the game, what if they take a note out of Classic Sonic collections and call it Spyro Gems Trilogy?

It could simply be called 'Spyro Anniversary' as its his 20th year this September.

13 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I don't believe there is such a concept for actors who do primarily voicework.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Except when multiple roles Troy Baker did were substituted by Matt Mercer because the former became above what they were willing to pay in the intervening years. I think something similar might have occurred with Laura Bailey (or one of the other famous voice actresses). 

8 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Except when multiple roles Troy Baker did were substituted by Matt Mercer because the former became above what they were willing to pay in the intervening years. I think something similar might have occurred with Laura Bailey (or one of the other famous voice actresses). 

It’s funny you say that because Matt Mercer replaces Josh Keaton as Spyro in Skylanders Imaginators. 

Is it just me or are a lot if big games this console cycle just remakes. As a true 90s baby I'll buy it of course but just seems outside a few new games many new ones are just remakes

45 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Except when multiple roles Troy Baker did were substituted by Matt Mercer because the former became above what they were willing to pay in the intervening years.

According to who? The most obvious instance was Persona 4, which Baker just wasn't available to do when they needed him to do it and he has said as much himself.

I think something similar might have occurred with Laura Bailey (or one of the other famous voice actresses). 

I'm sure Laura Bailey to this day showers in the money she got from playing Omochao in Lego Dimensions.

Look at a prolific voice actor's IMDB page.  Actual prolific ones whose career is primarily in voice acting and not also ADR work and localization and etc. The ones who work all over the place no matter the production house, like Billy West and Frank Welker and Tara Strong (and, yes, Tom Kenny), who take voice jobs doing most anything. Unless Activision plans to spend no money whatsoever and just goes with whatever programmer they can find who sounds close (to the theoretical followup to one of the best selling PS4 games of 2017, mind), there's no reason to just assume that Tom Kenny can't be pried away from counting the stacks of hundred dollar bills he got from playing "Various characters" in that Family Guy ripoff Scooby Doo show.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Is it just me or are a lot if big games this console cycle just remakes. As a true 90s baby I'll buy it of course but just seems outside a few new games many new ones are just remakes

Say's a lot about the current state of gaming.

2 hours ago, Tornado said:

According to who? The most obvious instance was Persona 4, which Baker just wasn't available to do when they needed him to do it and he has said as much himself.

Matt Mercer has replaced Troy Baker in Naruto Shippuden as Pain (and Yamato I think), Sigma in the Zero Escape series, and Espio in Sonic. I believe Troy actually stopped doing anime work altogether as well.

That said, I don't think Tom Kenny would turn down a role as Spyro. But personally I'd like whoever voiced him in A Hero's Tail to come back. That's the only Spyro I've played (not counting the final boss of one of the original games that my cousin and I couldn't beat) and I liked his voice.

6 hours ago, Crimson said:

Gregg Berger is quite interested on returning as Hunter, Ripto, and minor characters.

https://mobile.twitter.com/greggberger/status/963552017909145600

Nice to hear (loved his take on Hunter), but that sadly doesn't confirm anything. A few of the original team actually wanted to come back for N Sane but weren't offered. It depends what direction they want to take. If they go the same direction voices-wise as N Sane I can see them trying to at least get an actor who has done the character in the past, if maybe not in those particular games, hence many thinking Jess Harnel or Josh Keaton for Spyro since they are one of his contemporary actors for either era (I doubt they'll get Elijah Wood). :P

I'd love to hear Pamela Hayden reprise Bianca (though preferably with her original voice instead of her helium take from Enter the Dragonfly), though given how much we hear about The Simpsons actors' demands in wages, I can see that being a task.

On 14 February 2018 at 2:55 PM, Tornado said:

In Japan actually, I believe the voice acting profession is taken just as seriously as standard acting.

• Thumbs Up 1