Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

I'm so fucking happy right now. The announcement of the "Reignited trilogy" (weird name which is starting to grow on me) is a victory for the fans, for the success of the N-Sane trilogy and for Activision for green-lighting these remasters.

The original Spyro trilogy is something I used play to death. 100%d all three games several times and for those who have never played the originally trilogy, I promise you're in for a real treat. The Spyro games have fantastic gameplay. It's immensely satisfying 100%ing each game.

Day 1 purchase for me without a doubt. I will be hunting the PS4 Platinum trophy as well as all those gems!

If my memory is correct, there are gems totalling 25,000 in Spyro 1 to collect,  20,000 in Ripto's Rage and 24,000 in Year of the Dragon.

Really liking the art direction.

I'm gonna go replay the original trilogy :)

1 hour ago, Teoskaven said:

They started appearing in the first game, dragon eggs are a collectable item you get from them.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Ah, fair enough then.

The egg thieves first appeared in Spyro 1 and then came back in Year of the Dragon. There is one level in Ripto's Rage (called "The Oasis", I think) which has thieves to chase but they're not carrying eggs.

They're probably the most annoying enemy in all the games. They only appear occasionally in Year of the Dragon (do you remember when you have race them on the Super-charge track in one of the levels). Whereas they are far more frequent in Spyro 1 (there's quite a few to chase in nearly every hub-world).

Spyro 1:

Image result for spyro 1 egg thief

Ripto's Rage:

Image result for riptos rage egg thieves

Year of the Dragon:

Image result for year of the dragon egg thieves

The only annoying thing for me, is that I prefer "Gateway to Glimmer" as the title for Spyro 2 instead of "Ripto's Rage".

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

So if you load up the crash remaster and enter this old cheat code.

It unlocks the trailer.

OOOHHHHHH Shiiiiiiiit! Just watched the trailer I’m so so happy. Just brilliant. Thank you Activision. 

Have limited experience with Spyro (Played the first one until I got stuck and beat or at least got close to beating the third, but never played the second), but these visuals are rubbing me in all the right ways even moreso than Crash. (Spyro's bigger, wider worlds are perfectly suited for fleshing out in HD.) Kinda wish the Switch version was coming sooner, as these seem like perfect fits for handheld playing, but I've got the N-Sane Trilogy for PS4, so might as well be consistent. It and Spidey should make a killer team for the holidays.

Also really cool that Tom Kenny is back, as I wasn't expecting it given how inconsistent Spyro's voice has been lately, but a nice surprise, especially since it'll be his first time voicing him in the first game. (Between Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling and this, Tom Kenny's 90's roles are having a bit of a renaissance.)

Has there been any word as to what the Flight levels are going to be like. They used to drive me mental trying to find the correct order to do it in.

I'm sure they are going to look beautiful non the less.

EDIT: Just Pre-ordered mine “take my money”!

Hell yeah, it's coming to Xbone at launch instead of me having to wait a year. I've always wanted to try out the PS1 Spyro's but never got off my duff and bought them, so this is good news for me indeed.

Since this gen of consoles seem to be remaster central I say gex needs to be next. Or ssx

Also game should come in a pizza box at launch

Just now, Meta77 said:

Since this gen of consoles seem to be remaster central I say gex needs to be next. Or ssx

Also game should come in a pizza box at launch

Even better: Twisted Metal

They tried. That online pass thing messed them up. But not to de rail topic

I am serious on the pizza box thing for spyro

Looks awesome in motion. Toys for Bob did a fantastic job recapturing the original look. Day one buy for me. 

Real talk, not surprised Toys for Bob ended up on this project. I've been saying for years that each subsequent Skylanders release has felt more and more like Spyro in feel. 

I mean I know VV has done a few of the Skylander games as well, but ultimately TfB are the ones who are most responsible for that line. 

Ah, I’m so excited! I only got to play a bit of the original first three, and I enjoyed them. I can’t wait!

24 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-nintendo-switch/spyro-the-dragon-remastered/11722150.html?affil=tradedoubler&utm_source=Tradedoubler-digidip+UK&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=TradeDoubler&tduid=46d57fe4ba27376cbdd19230cc13ab2f&dclid=CInHx6Tno9oCFQmDyAodHwANbw

Looking for this?

TWrHvHz.png

Description's a bit incomplete, and the title is in need of an update. Might explain why it got pulled for a bit.

Of course, this also suggests that Nintendo had this going for a while in preparation before even knowing the name of the game, go figure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently US only, but that's a nice looking and sounding dynamic theme.

25 minutes ago, AlphaRuby said:

The PS4 theme came with a remastered music track, more specifically Dark Hollow from Spyro 1

Sounds awesome. 

For comparison; this is the PS1 version:

Has a PC version been hinted or leaked anywhere? Also guys the Spyro The Dragon website and YouTube Channels are both online. Did anyone notice how the section in the trailer with Spyro running with the background levels changing, very similar to how one of the Ratchet & Clank PS4 trailers where Ratchet & Clank are similarly running through constantly changing levels?

The new version of the song is a bit (assuming it's the whole thing)... simple. If anything it sounds like an early version of the original.

Maybe the PC and Nintendo Switch versions of Spyro Reignited Trilogy will be announced during E3 2018 in June. Another thing, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time developers Sanzaru Games started following the Spyro The Dragon Twitter account, very interesting.