Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Yes, I actually re-listened to the original, and, pretty much like some songs in the N.Sane Trilogy, it's missing some bass and percussion. This one isn't missing per se actually, but it's much more quiet. The organ is pretty silent, which was very prominent in the original... Still. I have hope. It could've been waaaay worse, imagine if they didn't get the license or whatever needed to remix Copeland's material? And, God forbid, went with a generic orchestrated soundtrack? Ew.

It would be damn near impossible to top Copeland anyways, just sayin' :V

• Thumbs Up 1

Ho-lee potatoes this is looking nice. I gotta say, while I love me some purple dragon dude, I've always sat pretty firmly on team Crash as far as the PS1 twins go, yet I think this has me even more in awe than the Crash remasters did. I think what gets me the most is just how expressive and well animated the enemies are. Like I imagined it looking pretty pretty, this stuff is on another level, I'm really hyped to play Spyro again.

To be fair, it's not like Crash can really do that with the enemies in the original trilogy. You either got animals which don't emote (with rare exceptions, like the penguins) or robots who are intentionally stoic and unemotive. Reignited has loads of fantasy races to play with. 

Oh yeah, not knocking Crash for anything. Just something that is particularly impressive in Spyro here.

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-nintendo-switch/spyro-the-dragon-remastered/11722150.html?affil=tradedoubler&utm_source=Tradedoubler-digidip+UK&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=TradeDoubler&tduid=46d57fe4ba27376cbdd19230cc13ab2f&dclid=CInHx6Tno9oCFQmDyAodHwANbw

Looking for this?

TWrHvHz.png

Description's a bit incomplete, and the title is in need of an update. Might explain why it got pulled for a bit.

Of course, this also suggests that Nintendo had this going for a while in preparation before even knowing the name of the game, go figure.

The plot thickens.

If this is a hoax, it's a ridiculously well-crafted one.

There's a lot of speculation going on that the official announcement for Spyro on the Switch is being saved for Nintendo E3 or a Direct. Could coincide with an announcement of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro being in Smash.

On the subject of the music track, while I get the concerns about the bass, the track sounds just fine to me.

Besides, I hear PS4 themes tend to downgrade the sound, and we’re 5 months from release so there could be change.

I believe a Switch release is inevitable, it's only matter of when. I will be floored if it releases this year if not alongside the PS4 version.

We've got another returning VA confirmed: Richard Tatum- AKA: Agent 9! (And he says he'll be playing more characters this time)

• Thumbs Up 2

Holy crap, they got Agent 9 back? Awesome! 

I'm just glad Tom Kenny is back, he's so good in Spyro 3 especially. He made Spyro pretty cocky, but never douche sounding or cringe.

I wonder who will play Gnasty Gnorc? In the original it was Michael Gough who was the same guy who played Lord Saddler in Resi 4.

Awesome to hear! I loved Agent 9 as a kid so it's good to hear his original VA is coming back!

Just now, KHCast said:

I can assume Tom Kenny is a guarantee? 

Tom Kenny's already confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how Tom Kenny will translate to the first game's Spyro. In that one he's written as more of a punk snotrag kid, where as in the other two despite having a level of cockiness to him, he's pretty mellow and chill.

Also fun fact: Rocko and Heifer have both played Spyro.

49 minutes ago, Chili Dawg said:

I wonder how Tom Kenny will translate to the first game's Spyro. In that one he's written as more of a punk snotrag kid, where as in the other two despite having a level of cockiness to him, he's pretty mellow and chill.

Also fun fact: Rocko and Heifer have both played Spyro.

Hopefully Tom will make Spyro 1 bearable xD The voice acting really put me off back then, one of the main reasons I didn't even finish world 1 of the original game (the other big reason was because I've played it last, and the sequels are waaaaay superior).

The official Sonic The Hedgehog Twitter account is now getting in on this.

This is actually very interesting because Sonic was referenced in Spyro Year of the Dragon, which is part of this trilogy. Also very surprised Sega and Sonic Team are welcoming back a series that once rivaled Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Also very surprised Sega and Sonic Team are welcoming back a series that once rivaled Sonic.

That's the magic of console wars not really being a mainstream thing these days. And the lack of exclusivity too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Few tidbits:

Apparently, Reignited Trilogy runs on Unreal Engine 4. I'm inclined to believe this, since the maker of this tweet is a marketing manager at Epic Games, the folks behind the Unreal Engine; they'd know if it was being used for a AAA project like this. Not the engine I was expecting it to run on (I figured it would be Vicarious Visions' Alchemy engine again), but welcome nonetheless.

Also, Insomniac seems to approve of the remasters. Good enough for me!

• Thumbs Up 2

Insomniac approving is a very good sign. Crash NST was shown to Naughty Dog developers too and got full approval and love from them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm honestly happy they're doing this, you know? Crash and Spyro were two of my childhood favorites in the PS1 days.

So great to see them getting treated with such respect and the devs going to the original creators to ensure they're getting everything right. It's what they deserve.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Spyro in Unreal Engine 4" would have been an unrealistic joke prediction only a few years ago.

Here's an IGN video about details you might have missed, with special guests--some Toys For Bob devs who are working on the game!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

The official Sonic The Hedgehog Twitter account is now getting in on this.

This is actually very interesting because Sonic was referenced in Spyro Year of the Dragon, which is part of this trilogy. 

Related image

Hopefully they'll keep this reference in the Reignited Trilogy.

• Way Past Cool 4

Well, I'll give Toys For Bob credit at least, the remakes look significantly better aesthetically than the originals, and I don't mean the graphics. One of my main problems with the PS1 Spyro games was that the environments weren't really special or unique - Spyro 1's worlds in particular were about as bland as bland could be compared to Mario 64 and Banjo. The environments in this remake actually have some style injected into them.

Hopefully they don't make the same mistake made with the Crash trilogy and forget to make the platforming collisions as close to the originals as possible. Granted, I don't think Spyro was as big on precise platforming as Crash is.

• Thumbs Up 2