Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Rockstar did that too with Switch LA Noire, due to not using the biggest cartridge in terms of size.

Again though, I fail to see the money in it, so far there’s no mention of a code so pre-owned will be the same as getting it new (just a bit cheaper obviously)

Since Spyro 2 & 3 are on the disc and will be unlocked after the day 1 update. That would affect early reviewers from reviewing all 3 games. Because they would have to have the update in order to review it, but they can't until the specific day (September 21st). Maybe there's something in the other 2 games that they don't want shown early. That they want to be kept as a surprise until launch day.

1 minute ago, AlphaRuby said:

Again though, I fail to see the money in it

It's so they don't have to pour as many resources in it for fitting and optimizing it on the disc. 

2 minutes ago, AlphaRuby said:

Rockstar did that too with Switch LA Noire, due to not using the biggest cartridge in terms of size.

Not particularly for the same reason. And heaven knows, they are at least justified in their endeavors. Cannot say the same for Capcom.

3 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Since Spyro 2 & 3 are on the disc 

they're not, that's the whole crux of this problem.

• Thumbs Up 3

In the long run I doubt this will matter much anyway.

Hell, they re-released N.Sane with the patches and bonus levels on the disc so I reckon Spyro will get that treatment down the line.

It might sound insanely optimistic to some, but considering how linked the fate of both Crash and Spyro are, I have some hope.

I’m not blind to publishers shortcomings (being nice here) but if I can get Super Bomberman R despite Konami then I can get this too (but I won’t knock those who decide different, it’s your business)

• Thumbs Up 3

I just honestly hope this doesn't affect the sales enough for Activision to give up on the franchise. Been seeing plenty of people losing interest in the game because of this shit.

I mean, no doubt Activision is seeing the buzz this is making. They're probably regretting it already.

It doesn't affect me all that badly, but I can't say the same for all the angry Spyro fans out there.

I know I'm looking on the positive side here, but yeah, I have to say it's kinda stupid we have to wait to play 2/3rds of the game. Still, I'm gonna make the most of it.

I've been eyeing this, but I would only be getting the hypothetical Switch version so hopefully this gets resolved by the time that rolls around. I just don't buy games digitally - at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

I've been eyeing this, but I would only be getting the hypothetical Switch version so hopefully this gets resolved by the time that rolls around. I just don't buy games digitally - at all.

Same for me, like with Crash I'll be getting the Switch version, when it releases. Crash didn't need access to the internet at all and everything was included. As everything was included. Plus the Switch port was done by Toys For Bob, the same developers of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. So the Switch will probably be like Crash, all 3 games and possibly extra content will immediately be available for Switch upon release.

Not very happy about this. If I buy a physical copy of a game I expect it to be physical. I don’t have a problem with digital downloads but I much prefer physical copies.

Seems like Activision don’t have a good reason for making this decision since they dodged the question. Pretty damn poorly at that.

Can anyone who has better knowledge of this sort of thing explain why the Reignited Trilogy can’t all fit on one disc because as of now I don’t see the point in Activision releasing a physical version at all.

I would have settled for giving the games separate discs if they couldn't fit them all into one, myself. Preferrable to...this.

I just think it's stupid. I thought about pre-ordering, but after this? I'm kinda glad I didn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Shiroi said:

Not very happy about this. If I buy a physical copy of a game I expect it to be physical. I don’t have a problem with digital downloads but I much prefer physical copies.

Seems like Activision don’t have a good reason for making this decision since they dodged the question. Pretty damn poorly at that.

Can anyone who has better knowledge of this sort of thing explain why the Reignited Trilogy can’t all fit on one disc because as of now I don’t see the point in Activision releasing a physical version at all.

Cynicism leads me to believe Activision used no compression on Sypro 1 and the others won't fit with it in a 50 GB disc (they do this a lot). The other possible reason is only Spyro 1 was completely finished and polished by the time they started printing the discs 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Conando said:

Cynicism leads me to believe Activision used no compression on Sypro 1 and the others won't fit with it in a 50 GB disc (they do this a lot). The other possible reason is only Spyro 1 was completely finished and polished by the time they started printing the discs 

If the later is the case, a delay wouldn't hurt.... I guess. I rather have all the games beautifully burned in one disk when I get the physical copy, despite the fact I'll play the digital version first. I get most games digital these days, but that one, just like Crash, I would like to own physical too, and I want everything right with it for everyone. 

10 hours ago, AlphaRuby said:

Hell, they re-released N.Sane with the patches and bonus levels on the disc so I reckon Spyro will get that treatment down the line.

Yeah, but the N-Sane trilogy never roadbloacked the  anything but the first game behind an entire content download. That kind of crap isn't going to fly.

2 hours ago, AlphaRuby said:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/08/01/spyro-reignited-trilogy-requires-an-update-for-two-of-the-games

Game Informer are speculating that the required downloads are just an update for Spyro 2 & 3 so that they're fully working.

That's more understandable if true, but the communication hasn't been clear enough.

And at this point, as is typical of Activision, damage has been done. I mean, it's already a foregone closure that a notable amount of people who game physically aren't going to be buying the game fresh....or potentially at all, until the problems get ironed. So, the best thing to hope for at the moment is Acti not tapping into their buggery brand of BS tactic of blaming the game and canning the franchise if not many people  get....just like the poor Cybertron series and how it met its unfair end at their hands.

Whichever the case, it’s very clear that 2 and 3 require the patch at the very least to,work, which is absolutely not a good thing because it all leads to the same issue, as soon as the servers die, the patch goes with it and two thirds are left totally unusable.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think Canadian Guy Eh raises a good point and simplifies the situation. Until a file size for the update is known, then we will know if the games have to be downloaded or a patch that unlocks them. I's more likely that their on the disc and the patch simply unlocks them.

So I've heard Crash N-Sane, outside of the Switch version, each game needed to be installed individually. How did that work? It could be similar for Spyro on PS4/Xbox One like Crash on those platforms. So when Spyro releases on Switch all 3 games plus any extras will be pre-installed, no internet required. So I think Switch version would be the best way to go.

8 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

So I've heard Crash N-Sane, outside of the Switch version, each game needed to be installed individually. How did that work? It could be similar for Spyro on PS4/Xbox One like Crash on those platforms. So when Spyro releases on Switch all 3 games plus any extras will be pre-installed, no internet required. So I think Switch version would be the best way to go.

So then, in that case, we just have to pray Acti aren't so hard headed as to blame any lack of initial sales to platforms before the Switch version, on anything but themselves at this rate.

Either way, they've handled this terribly by not even stepping in to elaborate if things aren't as bad as people fear. Which is again, typical Activision shooting themselves and their franchises in the foot.

39 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Whichever the case, it’s very clear that 2 and 3 require the patch at the very least to,work, which is absolutely not a good thing because it all leads to the same issue, as soon as the servers die, the patch goes with it and two thirds are left totally unusable.

Reprints of games do have the latest patch already on the disc.

SO essentially, it's looking like we have another classic case of Activision rushing out a game for a release date, unoptimized and everything. Much to the game's detriment. ANd mind you, unlike the N-Sane trilogy, we haven't seen much of this trilogy outside the first game. Not a good sign.

3 minutes ago, AlphaRuby said:

Reprints of games do have the latest patch already on the disc.

Ah right so it’s only the first release players who get completely screwed over.

I mean, is it too much to ask for good times when we can get at least get the entire base game on the disc or cart? Standards are to be kept y'know.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

SO essentially, it's looking like we have another classic case of Activision rushing out a game for a release date, unoptimized and everything. Much to the game's detriment. ANd mind you, unlike the N-Sane trilogy, we haven't seen much of this trilogy outside the first game. Not a good sign.

N Sane Trilogy didn’t have Crash 2 or 3 footage til just a few months before release, right down to asking people on Twitter which level they wanted to be the reveal. To be frank, I’m surprised we got Spyro 2 gameplay already since it took so long to get Crash 2 gameplay.

31 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

N Sane Trilogy didn’t have Crash 2 or 3 footage til just a few months before release, right down to asking people on Twitter which level they wanted to be the reveal. To be frank, I’m surprised we got Spyro 2 gameplay already since it took so long to get Crash 2 gameplay.

Yeah, but that was a few months. We've seen total of ONE batch reel of new play footage of Spyro 2 and not a lick of SPyro 3 and we're only one month away from release.

Doesn't paint a pretty picture.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Yeah, but that was a few months. We've seen total of ONE new play footage of Spyro 2 and not a lick of SPyro 3 and we're only one month away from release.

Doesn't paint a pretty picture.

There's some B-Roll footage of Spyro 2 floating around on YouTube of a few levels, so I'm not sure how you arrived at "one"

• Thumbs Up 1