Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

22 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Yeah, but that was a few months. We've seen total of ONE new play footage of Spyro 2 and not a lick of SPyro 3 and we're only one month away from release.

Doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Only one you say? Besides Idol Springs there’s Hurricos

Glimmer

And Colossus

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Only one you say? Besides Idol Springs there’s Hurricos

Glimmer

And Colossus

28 minutes ago, AlphaRuby said:

There's some B-Roll footage of Spyro 2 floating around on YouTube of a few levels, so I'm not sure how you arrived at "one"

Ugh, sometimes I really hate posting on mobile. It made it leave out the bit of "new batch reel", which I meant to say.

That said, I'll admit to having apparently being mistaken. Though the issue with Spyro 3's lack of presence does still remain.

Josh Gaming did simplify the situation as did Canadian Guy Eh and VTNVIVI

I was also thinking since all this happened shortly after Moneybags reveal. Maybe they put Moneybags in charge of everything for the day, because it seems like his doing. But for no fee? Maybe he's changed, doubt it.

Plus Activision is having a conference call later today. Maybe they'll give a clearer explanation on the whole situation.

I also found out that with the Crash N-Sane Trilogy if you bought the game digitally only the first game is playable while the other 2 needed installed. This was Not the case with the physical editions of the trilogy. So same should apply to Spyro.

Remember when people started theorizing that Crash 3 wasn't going to be ready for the release date because there was no footage of it? Then almost 2 weeks before the release date we got a ton of gameplay. It's the same scenario. It's clear that TFB have a schedule of "showing stuff", we just haven't reach there yet, I expect Spyro 3 stuff at late august/early september.

Relax and trust Toys for Bob, my friends :)

Oh, and the whole day one patch controversy, yeah, I hope Activision step up and mend this mess, or people are gonna start cancelling physical pre-orders, if they haven't already... Wasn't the Reignited Trilogy a success in pre-orders anyways?

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Plus Activision is having a conference call later today. Maybe they'll give a clearer explanation on the whole situation.

Maybe, unless nobody asks about it.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Ah right so it’s only the first release players who get completely screwed over.

At least it means the scenario you described earlier about the servers eventually going down won't be an issue (unless you buy the game earlier and just...never get around to it until it's too late).

On the other hand there's people out there with shitty internet connections who...yeah, are still being screwed over. My family still had dial-up until like 2009 or so, so I get it.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Celestia said:

At least it means the scenario you described earlier about the servers eventually going down won't be an issue (unless you buy the game earlier and just...never get around to it until it's too late).

On the other hand there's people out there with shitty internet connections who...yeah, are still being screwed over. My family still had dial-up until like 2009 or so, so I get it.

Or no internet period. A lot of people are gonna be fucked over regardless by this, and honestly this puts a massive sour taste in my mouth on the this game. Especially after the crash games not needing this. Activision being Activision I guess. Anyway, Jim also covers this 

• Thumbs Up 2

According to what I'm hearing is that once the update is installed. It becomes part of the disc. So even if it's pre-owned you'll still get all 3 games because the update is now part of the disc and therefore permanately unlocked.

2 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

According to what I'm hearing is that once the update is installed. It becomes part of the disc. So even if it's pre-owned you'll still get all 3 games because the update is now part of the disc and therefore permanately unlocked.

That's not how updates work. When a patch or DLC is installed, it is apart of the game data on your console (which entails not only your installed disc data, but patches and the like). When you delete that data, the patches go as well, and if you want to play Spyro again, you need to not only install the on-disc data, but the patch shit that 2 and 3 requires again.

3 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

That's... Not how updates work, your console can't burn stuff into discs.

On lighter news, here's our first look at Gulp

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the reason for this is pretty straightforward. They wanna release on Spyro's anniversary. A delay would prevent that.

• Absolutely 1

1 hour ago, Ratcicle King said:

That's... Not how updates work, your console can't burn stuff into discs.

That's what I thought too, until someone said that's how the newer stuff does it.

We've come a long way from...

spyro-enter-the-dragonfly-02.big.jpg

I like how they gave Gulp a more bull-like structure. I know he and the others are supposed to be dinosaur-like creatures, but the others have always had some mammal-like characteristics, too. (Rhynocs = Rhino/Dinosaur hybrids, the Sorceress was reportedly a "Dinopotamus", etc.)

I like Gulp's design, except... For the eyes. They're a bit too human like. They've being doing this to a bunch of characters actually.

9 hours ago, Jango said:

Remember when people started theorizing that Crash 3 wasn't going to be ready for the release date because there was no footage of it? Then almost 2 weeks before the release date we got a ton of gameplay. It's the same scenario. It's clear that TFB have a schedule of "showing stuff", we just haven't reach there yet, I expect Spyro 3 stuff at late august/early september.

Relax and trust Toys for Bob, my friends :)

Oh, and the whole day one patch controversy, yeah, I hope Activision step up and mend this mess, or people are gonna start cancelling physical pre-orders, if they haven't already... Wasn't the Reignited Trilogy a success in pre-orders anyways?

I, in fact, already did cancel my physical order. Might as well just get it digital if i have to download 10+ gb anyway.

4 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

That's what I thought too, until someone said that's how the newer stuff does it.

Who in the world said that? Game discs are read only.

Even if it is just the first game, I prefer getting my games physical because that means less space on the HDD, and I don't mind downloading the other two games, so I'm sticking with it.

Again, I don't mind much because I was planning on starting with the first game, anyway. Not saying it doesn't suck that people with bad internet will have to wait a long time and those without internet by the time they pick up the game will just have to make do with Spyro 1, but neither of those apply to me right now.

4 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Even if it is just the first game, I prefer getting my games physical because that means less space on the HDD, and I don't mind downloading the other two games, so I'm sticking with it.

Again, I don't mind much because I was planning on starting with the first game, anyway. Not saying it doesn't suck that people with bad internet will have to wait a long time and those without internet by the time they pick up the game will just have to make do with Spyro 1, but neither of those apply to me right now.

Except in this case because of the need to download the other two, you aren’t saving space.

cant help but cynically feel like this is just a shit business tactic to try and push towards digital downloading, as these AAA companies seem to be wanting more and more. 

10 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Honestly, it's not even just a problem for people with bad internet. 

A recurring problem is people acting like gamers get entitled for daring to want the things without needing to download stuff on Day one.  You know,  like they properly used to be before companies like Activision abused the new system to cut corners. 

Even worse,  the game really doesn't have about business being as big an unpotimized as it sounds like it is.

And it speaks volumes that ironically,  so long as the optimization  is good enough,  the Switch version, which a lot of people seemed to have jumped to have been waiting for,  has a better shot at avoiding Acti's brand of idiocy and cheap greed here.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/2/2018 at 8:28 AM, Conando said:

Cynicism leads me to believe Activision used no compression on Sypro 1 and the others won't fit with it in a 50 GB disc (they do this a lot). The other possible reason is only Spyro 1 was completely finished and polished by the time they started printing the discs 

In the case that either of these are a possibility I'd rather there either be multiple discs or a delay. I'd rather have a quality finished product than whatever this trilogy might turn out to be upon initial release.

22 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Whichever the case, it’s very clear that 2 and 3 require the patch at the very least to,work, which is absolutely not a good thing because it all leads to the same issue, as soon as the servers die, the patch goes with it and two thirds are left totally unusable.

Do patches not get saved onto the cloud like save data then? Also does saving patches and such to an external hard drive not mitigate the issue?

21 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Ah right so it’s only the first release players who get completely screwed over.

Aka the players who's purchases matter the most. All purchases matter of course but the sales during the first few weeks are in most cases the biggest indicator of how well a product is doing and what companies should do next. Activision are really screwing themselves and this release over.

16 hours ago, KHCast said:

Or no internet period. A lot of people are gonna be fucked over regardless by this, and honestly this puts a massive sour taste in my mouth on the this game. Especially after the crash games not needing this. Activision being Activision I guess.

Spoiler

Haven't you heard? This perfectly valid argument is stupid because everyone should have an internet connection by now and if they don't they shouldn't have modern consoles period and shouldn't have a say on this issue.

Some people are so entitled it's ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Except in this "new generation" of consoles you always have to install the goddamned game, no matter if you have the disk or not, hence why I stoped buying physical games. I was surprised to see that Uncharted 4 takes over 60gb of my PS4's hard drive, and I OWN the disk. The disk is basically a key to launch the game, nothing more than that.

The problem with Spyro is that it demands install something from the world wide web, aka the INTERNET to launch 2 out of 3 games... Crash also needed to install games 2 and 3 when you first launch the game, but it was from the disk, you could shut down your internet and still install them, it's some kind of auto launcher .exe inside the disk basically. 

Y'know the peeps out on the internet, playing damage control and trying to shun people who aren't interested in buying the game anymore because of this debacle. claiming it won't do a dent in sales just because people without internet who supposedly make up the majority won't care....yeah, they remind me of how Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite went.

Oh yeah, there were plenty of claims that people complaining were supposedly being "entitled" or were just the vocal minority, yet flash forward to now, that game got nerfed hard in the sales, and couldn't garner an audience to warrant an EVO mainline slot.

Not saying the internet dictates this stuff, but man, don't asume folks without internet are unaware and don't care....let alone the fact they likely have Internet savy friends abound to warn them of crap like this too.