Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

50 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

THere were multiple reasons why MVC: Infinite did as bad as it did, actually. 

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/9/16995142/evo-2018-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite

Without a doubt. The point is that, folks trying to claim that people raising legitimate concerns on the Internet about it were the alleged vocal minority and that the problems wouldn't spread as far, are akin to how some are treating people not buying the initial release of this Spyro trilogy.

Granted, we don't know if the actual game itself will have as many problems as the godforsaken Marvel game, but it goes without saying, don't be shocked if this download requirement turns people off from the game initially. And initial sales are what Activision pay attention to the most.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dark Passage and it's nightmare fuel will be shown tonight, so we can all have wonderful dreams.

• Fist Bump 3

Just depends on the person and really their thought process. The younger generations would most likely overlook this because they either get the game digitally or used to downloading large patches but the older generations, many of the fans, collectors and maybe even the parents who grew up with the games it is an issue. Only understandable reason is if the collection is over 50GB but we don't know the file sizes yet to know for sure. Probably why there isn't no Switch info because the game is still in development and maybe not even finalised the game yet to justify a release (Switch is up to 32GB at the moment).

Oh and regarding "entitled Internet". Not every country is like Finland and South Korea where they have fast, consistent Internet, even in 1st world countries such as the US and UK still can't get 100% fast, consistent Internet. Some providers have a poor service with slow speed and goes down, some throttle speed (especially where you have to download GBs worth of stuff) and some areas can't get the fastest or even any Internet because of where they live and isn't their fault. Plus PSN is known for going down as well. The PS4 and the Xbox One are sold in countries where the Internet connection isn't exactly great including countries such as many of the African/Asian/south European countries where you are lucky to even get an Internet connection nevermind a consistently good one. This game will definitely affect those living in those areas if they want a physical copy. Remember what Don Mattrick said about the Xbox One reveal and how did that system end up? Not as well as the other two and took until a redesign and a powerful version of the console before people outside of the diehard fans took some notice because even a year or two later, people still thought that the online only requirement was still there.

Also may we add that Spyro is a single player game? If it was an online multiplayer game, then it is at least sort of understandable even though many of the points still apply with the bad Internet affecting your game. A single player game should be able to be played offline, that's why people get physical releases because people still can play them regardless of Internet. If Sony decides to switch off the PS4 servers in 15 years time, only the first game can be played unless you still have a hard drive with the installs for 2 and 3 or downloaded the trilogy before the games got removed. People still can play games that are 20, 30 or even 40 years old still without much issue but modern gaming is really hit and miss whether it will still work. A patch should only be needed if there is an improvement or worse case scenario, fix for a pretty bad bug that couldn't be found in time. Not 2/3rds of the collection making it sound like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 all over again and you can't buy that any more. In the future perhaps that argument is true when an online only/focused console with countries that have consistent Internet and accept mobile data on top when it doesn't gets released.

Even if there is a Switch version that Activision have been in the dark with, it doesn't mean that Activision will do a second print run because of reasons including if the Switch release gets cancelled. After all the PS4 and Xbox One versions will come out the same time and you might have to wait years for it to be in the budget range, even then it might be the same release and only if it sold well. Crash had an excuse because of a timed system exclusive so they had extra time to polish off the other versions, more so the Switch and PC versions rather than the Xbox One version that is a port of the PS4 one, even then the Xbox One version got all the improvements straight away without any patch. Spyro doesn't have this luxury. This screams rushed release and unlike Crash with its linear gameplay; Spyro is more open, has more voice acting, more character models and more things to do so it takes more time to do especially to make it as nice looking as this. If we don't have news for number 3 by the end of the month or early September, it is very concerning in terms of development.

1 hour ago, Ratcicle King said:

Dark Passage and it's nightmare fuel will be shown tonight, so we can all have wonderful dreams.

Please without comentaries 🙏

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Please without comentaries 🙏

It was done in a live event, so I doubt it.

4 hours ago, King Koopone said:

Just depends on the person and really their thought process. The younger generations would most likely overlook this because they either get the game digitally or used to downloading large patches but the older generations, many of the fans, collectors and maybe even the parents who grew up with the games it is an issue.

Ehhh, about that. If websites are anything to go by, age and generation have nothing to do with it. It's mainly just preferences. The thing is this. If 2 & 3 are locked behind an update, that means, effectively the game needs Internet for verification of the patch whatsoever. So, in the likely future that the server goes down, that particular copy is rendered useless.

I mean, plenty of people from both generations still do prefer physical. And no matter what way anyway cuts this, it ain't truly a physical purchase, and such really isn't too much to ask a company as rich as Activision for, especially when even Capcom can do better than them at this.

• Absolutely 1

I'm just assuming it's done so the game will be virtually useless as a used title, though I admit I don't know if the method being used for the other two games is tied to the account that buys it first (like Sony and EA liked to do) or tied to the disc.

• Too Many Rings 1

6 hours ago, Tornado said:

I'm just assuming it's done so the game will be virtually useless as a used title, though I admit I don't know if the method being used for the other two games is tied to the account that buys it first (like Sony and EA liked to do) or tied to the disc.

If it turns out to be a code after all, then all bets are off. 

Hopefully it still isn't a code, but the agenda will definitely be showing if it turns out to bar used copies in any shape or form. 

Year of the Dragon, plus Scorch have been revealed.

We can almost gurrantee an appearance at Gamescom later this month.

I just finished game for the first time in years a few weeks ago just so I can see the differences first hand. And so far I absolutely like it. Sunny Villa is one of my favorites from the first Homeworld, while Cloud Spires I thought was a little more tricky.

CanadianGuyEh somehow managed to get a screenshot of a Dream Weaver Dragon from what might be Dark Passage. 

I'm really diging Scorch from Spyro 2, I adore desert levels, plus the music is so sweet. Looking forward, a new trailer is likely coming at Gamescon with footage from all 3 games.

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

CanadianGuyEh somehow managed to get a screenshot of a Dream Weaver Dragon from what might be Dark Passage. 

Not gonna lie: I thought that dragon was part-tanuki until I realized he's standing on his tail.

Back of the German box art was leaked. Apparently, there’s some sort of instructions for downloading Spyro 2 and 3. I have no idea if this is referring to a code or not. It also confirms Sanzaru Games having some sort of involvement, the game apparently having remote play, and that the full thing is 50 GB. 

Now how do we know specifically that the whole thing is 50 GB? Look at Crash’s box art and it says 23 GB required. 

What does Playstation Network say the file size for Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy is? 23 GB.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA07402_00-CRASHNSANETRLOGY

Well shit, I guess it's real after all. Only Spyro 1 is on disk, and it's 50gb ALONE. H..how??? If Uncharted 4 is 60gb. Freaking Uncharted 4. There's no way to compare both games. Jesus Christ dem textures are not compressed. Actually nothing is for the sound of it. How can only Spyro 1 be bigger than the whole N.Sane Trilogy? Oh man, buying a physical game just to open the box and find instructions to download it digitally. Can the industry get lower than this? 

Goddamn it, Activision, fuck off. 

Alright so the guy who was gonna show off Dark Passage, Jeremy from Achievement Hunter, released the video, but it is right now for premium rooster teeth members only, we don't have footage BUT we got gifs and pictures

Spoiler

nzrgm3adrpe11.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-08_at_1.11.36_am.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-08_at_1.03.04_am.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-08_at_1.07.00_am.png

Screenshot_20180807-131046.png

Screenshot_20180807-130942.png

nomnomnom.gif

Screenshot_20180807-130957.png

yghgej9axpe11.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Jango said:

Well shit, I guess it's real after all. Only Spyro 1 is on disk, and it's 50gb ALONE. H..how??? If Uncharted 4 is 60gb. Freaking Uncharted 4. There's no way to compare both games. Jesus Christ dem textures are not compressed. Actually nothing is for the sound of it. How can only Spyro 1 be bigger than the whole N.Sane Trilogy? Oh man, buying a physical game just to open the box and find instructions to download it digitally. Can the industry get lower than this? 

Goddamn it, Activision, fuck off. 

I think that might be the file size of the whole thing. Might want to wait for PSN to update with the file size to be safe.

57 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Alright so the guy who was gonna show off Dark Passage, Jeremy from Achievement Hunter, released the video, but it is right now for premium rooster teeth members only, we don't have footage BUT we got gifs and pictures

Hide contents

nzrgm3adrpe11.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-08_at_1.11.36_am.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-08_at_1.03.04_am.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-08_at_1.07.00_am.png

Screenshot_20180807-131046.png

Screenshot_20180807-130942.png

nomnomnom.gif

Screenshot_20180807-130957.png

yghgej9axpe11.jpg

But...Forte posted the entire video earlier in a status update. 

I watched a bit of said video earlier and when it starts you briefly see a progress bar (I guess from Rooster Teeth's video player), so...yeah. Wonder if it'll be taken down, if it hasn't been already.