Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

21 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Back of the German box art was leaked. Apparently, there’s some sort of instructions for downloading Spyro 2 and 3. I have no idea if this is referring to a code or not. It also confirms Sanzaru Games having some sort of involvement, the game apparently having remote play, and that the full thing is 50 GB. 

Now how do we know specifically that the whole thing is 50 GB? Look at Crash’s box art and it says 23 GB required. 

What does Playstation Network say the file size for Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy is? 23 GB.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA07402_00-CRASHNSANETRLOGY

So either Spyro 1 is 50 GB alone, which indicates some horrid optimization and compression for the game (as in there's literally none), or that's for all three overall, and since regular PS4 games are usually 50GB, there's no excuse for the additional download beyond rushing it out.

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
21 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Back of the German box art was leaked. Apparently, there’s some sort of instructions for downloading Spyro 2 and 3. I have no idea if this is referring to a code or not. It also confirms Sanzaru Games having some sort of involvement, the game apparently having remote play, and that the full thing is 50 GB. 

Now how do we know specifically that the whole thing is 50 GB? Look at Crash’s box art and it says 23 GB required. 

What does Playstation Network say the file size for Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy is? 23 GB.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA07402_00-CRASHNSANETRLOGY

So either Spyro 1 is 50 GB alone, which indicates some horrid optimization and compression for the game (as in there's literally none), or that's for all three overall, and since regular PS4 games are usually 50GB, there's no excuse for the additional download beyond rushing it out.

awkward_situation_sleeping_beauty.gif

Let's see, the fact alone that apparently this is crucial enough that instructions are included, already paints things a bad picture, but the confirmation here is absolute. This isn't truly a physical purchase. And that fact has ignited....quite a few justified cancellations of purchase, to say the least already.

And that's not even getting into how much one may actually need to download. Have fun everytime you wanna play your disc on another system other than your own. At least with this release. :U

In spite of the controversy, in spite of the fact that I have to download two-thirds of it, I wholeheartedly appreciate TfB's efforts to make this game the best it can be. I'm gonna support these devs, because they deserve it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really need to finish my Spyro 1 playthrough, I only made it to Cliff Town. Dark Passage looks absolutely amazing, and I've never seen much of the original. Game's shaping up nicely, I also noticed that they removed that ugly purple box from the "Rescued Dragon"!

Assuming that a third of it is Spyro 1 (just assuming), that means a 24.21 GB download. That is, if Spyro 2 and 3 truly aren't on the disc and it isn't just a lesser update to make them work.

In spite of everything that’s happening, is the general consensus on this  game positive, or does everyone hate it?

Game's looking amazing and I can't wait. The whole "download 2 games" controversy doesn't affect me because I already pre-ordered it digitally anyways. Still sucks and it's a damn shame, but it's Activision we have to blame, I doubt TFB have anything to do with this decision, but they're the people actually making the game, not the publisher, and should be praised by the work and attention they been putting into this Trilogy. Honestly, I already think it's better than Crash N.Sane Trilogy, which I love.

• Thumbs Up 1

After seeing it in action, I WANT to play it, it's just that I can't manage downloading a massive file with my internet. If the game comes out and it just turns out to be a  smaller update to turn games 2 and 3 on (like 10 GB max) then I'll get it.

4 hours ago, Jiren (Metro) said:

In spite of everything that’s happening, is the general consensus on this  game positive, or does everyone hate it?

It's not so much that people are hating the game, but the reason quite a lot arecancelling pre-orders and/or boycotting the game is because they don't support Activision's BS policy, which doesn't take into account, people who want actual physicals and don't have the luxuries of good internet connection.

Shame Acti probably won't get the message either way, if Rise of the Dark Spark and the results of its sales causing them to blame the franchise rather than themselves, is anything to go by.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 3

I'm still getting the game, finally something I can fully complete! But I do understand if people bail especially if they have shit internet connection, 50gb is a LOT to download and for a lot of folks with said shit internet that's a breaking point.

Not to double post but, We have a vid of one of the producers playing through Hurricos. He doesn’t go for 100%. Just the Talisman.

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering the other two games have entire level playthroughs by now and YotD is still at two screenshots, I'm fine with that. 

Hurricos gameplay is the definition of "nail'd". I love every bit of it. Except, you guessed, that ugly text box. But eh...

As for the Spyro 3 demo at Gamescon, YES PLEASE.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally some Year of the Dragon gameplay. I guess we (me, VTNVIVI, Canadian Guy Eh and others) guessed correctly that Spyro 3 would be shown there. I better get ready for some analyses.

20 minutes ago, Rusty Spy said:

Electrolls don't sound like Spongebob anymore

DROPPED

Probably because SpongeBob is too big nowadays and Kenny can't do that voice if he's not voicing SpongeBob. Some voice actors have their voices under contracts and copyright, believe it not. Last month I saw an interview with the guy that voices Mickey Mouse for years here in Brazil, and he said that Disney has his "Mickey voice" copyrighted, he can't even do it for fun in birthday parties for example. Crazy.

Anyways, I still think the Electroll that handles the talisman sound a bit like Bob.

Hmm, is it possible he intentionally differentiated each one's voice? That'd be a nice touch. ...Granted as a kid I never even noticed that the NPCs of each species usually(? I don't recall any exceptions but there might be) had the same voice actor, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1