Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Wait, i don't recall her having a wand in the original (castin was done just with her hands), or am i remembering wrong?

3 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Wait, i don't recall her having a wand in the original (castin was done just with her hands), or am i remembering wrong?

She had one in Enter the Dr-oh

oh no

N-nice continuity nod, guys, ahahah-
-seriously, Enter the Dragonfly doesn't deserve a remake imho-

1 minute ago, Teoskaven said:

-seriously, Enter the Dragonfly doesn't deserve a remake imho-

I disagree. Enter the Dragonfly's story is pretty tragic, a worst case of what happened to Twinsanity. The developers had legitimate ideas to expand and improve the original formula and wanted there to be a crap ton more worlds than before, only for Universal to force them to rush the game out last minute for Christmas.

I'd want a remake for the same reason I'd like one of Twinsanity, there's a lot of untapped potential that got screwed over in that era due to greed and rushed deadlines.

• Thumbs Up 5

Bianca actually looks pretty decent. Expectedly they curved up her design a little like in Enter the Dragonfly, but nothing absurd (does she have animal legs or human legs though? It's hard to tell with the boots but her lower legs seem really stretched back). I'm actually interested in seeing her the most in cutscenes, she had a cute role, but her model was one of the derpiest for expressions in the original game.

I wanna see her fully robed though, she looked cuter with her cloak on.

Still have hopes they bring back Pamela Hayden to voice her.

21 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I disagree. Enter the Dragonfly's story is pretty tragic, a worst case of what happened to Twinsanity. The developers had legitimate ideas to expand and improve the original formula and wanted there to be a crap ton more worlds than before, only for Universal to force them to rush the game out last minute for Christmas.

I'd want a remake for the same reason I'd like one of Twinsanity, there's a lot of untapped potential that got screwed over in that era due to greed and rushed deadlines.

I see ETD more equivalent to Wrath of Cortex than Twinsanity, A Hero's Tail is probably the latter's equivalent, Enter the Dragonfly was less a reimagining and more a straight up 'bulked up version of the PSOne games for the new consoles' like WOC. Just WOC did a somewhat better job making a complete game in the same deadline, though could equally benefit from being remade on a more competent engine.

Ok spoilers for Gnasty's Loot, as this is an artwork of the place ripped from the trophies

Spoiler

s6085ofjy6n11.png

Some things to note here, first, the extra detail of Gnasty being a spyro hater.

Secondly, there's a secret dragon behind the portrait, that's brand new, it wasn't there in the original

And finally, Gnasty has a Skylanders Trap Team poster

You know, the game where you trap your enemies in crystal prisons. Guess now we know where Gnasty got his idea from.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Bunny girl's joined the party!

And then Elora was dropped like a penguin's nuke.

Looks like Lola Bunny to me. Not that i'm complaining mind you. :3

Well, there's the Snap Shot cameo I wanted. Then again, TfB are massive Snap Shot fans, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

1 hour ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Bunny girl's joined the party!

And then Elora was dropped like a penguin's nuke.

Eh, she looks alright, I guess? Nowhere near as good or cute as Elora.

Though, I'll have to be honest, I don't remember who this character is at all. I know she's from 3 and hooks up with Hunter or something?

The one who is pretty much a villain until near the end of 3, if I remember right.

All this is looking great, and if there's wallpapers attached to the Xbox achievements, I know what my next desktop wallpaper will be.

lol remakes of bad games everyone who even remembers them (as opposed to the "real" games) knows are bad.

People bought Enter the Dragonfly and Wrath of Cortex because they were unlucky enough to be stuck with an N64 or Gamecube and those two were the first time they could finally play a Spyro or Crash game; and oh boy the graphics! Even at the time that the "real" games were the reason that those two were given what little leash they were afforded already; and no one pretended otherwise. They weren't hidden gem with tons of potential just buried by corporate cynicism and greed. Corporate cynicism and greed was in fact literally the entire point of both games from the start.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, E-122-Psi said:

I see ETD more equivalent to Wrath of Cortex than Twinsanity, A Hero's Tail is probably the latter's equivalent, Enter the Dragonfly was less a reimagining and more a straight up 'bulked up version of the PSOne games for the new consoles' like WOC. Just WOC did a somewhat better job making a complete game in the same deadline, though could equally benefit from being remade on a more competent engine.

I wasn't talking about the equivalent, I'm talking about the best comparison piece. WoC was originally meant to be like Twinsanity with open levels until they were told to cut down and turn it into a Crash 3 game. It wasn't hit as bad as by the end, the finished product was still relatively complete, just restrictive. There isn't a whole ton of cut content from the open-world era we know of:

Wrath of Cortex got by because it's cutting down meant only linear levels had to be made, which luckily means their current level set could be altered and re-used to fit the bill. Enter the Dragonfly doesn't get that same grace, it was meant to be a bigger and better version of Spyro 3, with far more levels, new abilities, more homeworlds, and overall improve on the series. But like Twinsanity, the developers wanted it rushed out to meet a deadline, and therefore the wide scope of ETD had to be completely cut down to 9 levels and became a completely buggy mess.

Twinsanity, obviously is better developed, but the same principle applies despite it being a good game still, while ETD isn't - Twinsanity got a crap ton of it's content removed and cut as well in order to meet the 2004 deadline which is why many people want a remake of it, not only because it's good, but because it's got a ton of content that had potential. And to be frank, I feel ETD falls into the same category. The core gameplay is fine already, but it didn't get enough time, testing, or polish to make it truly stand out. ETD could be made a good game with the right time and energy dedicated into it. 

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

ETD could be made a good game with the right time and energy dedicated into it. 

Sounds like a lot of work that could be spent on making a new good game instead of remaking a bad old one.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 1

Beta WOC, according TT's producer, wasn't QUITE a Twinsanity before Twinsanity. It still followed the linear level format, just wider scape, he stated it the levels were supposed to test the standstill camera more, comparing it to the LEGO games. After Universal asked for a more conventional game, they toned it down, though shades of it still exist in some parts of the game.

Concerning remake potential, I guess it really depends how many hands they have to work on new titles. A new game would likely be higher priority for either, but still, since they both base themselves on the original games, they have a proper engine to remake them on now with the trilogies, which I suppose the developers might consider for a quick little project to earn some extra bucks.

Very happy with Bianca, I was super worried they would bugger her up and give her skylander face or something. She looks really cute!

Spoiler

Also the last hidden dragon in Gnasty's loot if it is true could be interesting... wonder if they'll sneak Cho-Lei, the female dragon elder from Shadow Legacy in, since they're acknowledging Enter the Dragonfly with Bianca's wand? Very much doubt it wholesale, but could be cool. 

Odd. On my end it’s says “DLC: Spyro the Dragon”.

31 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

So achievements are up, and they have different pictures from trophies, they're all level concept art!

However, this:

''DLC: Spyro™ 2: Ripto's Rage! Price: Retail Only''

Confirms 2 and 3 are still download only

No it doesn’t. The same thing is said for Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy/achievements/

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't look bad, not sure about the facial expression. Like Ripto it looks like they've tried too hard to make him look sinister, I thought Crush and Gulp had more character with those big simpleton eyes.

I thought her legs looked a bit bent inward, they gave her anthro ones, just the boots obscure them. Works on her actually.

The concept art again looks better stylised (I like how her boots and outfit don't quite fit), though Bianca I think transitioned to 3D better than a lot of the others. Even her sly expression looks similar to the original.

Now I wanna see her animated.

• Thumbs Up 1