Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Another Crash N-Sane trilogy and Spyro Reignited Trilogy bundle listing has surfaced. I'm beginning to think that this might be connected to Canadian Guy Eh and Crystal Blazier's Spyro announcement on the 29th.

I guess it's official now that Wal-Mart US has both the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the bundle on their site.

• Thumbs Up 1

And now to wait for the inevitable Switch port, so I can kill six birds with one stone!

Spoiler

latest?cb=20181012224410

Starting with this one 😠

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I guess it's official now that Wal-Mart US has both the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the bundle on their site.

It's so good to see these two together again. It's been long enough. Hurry up Spyro! 😭

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay so Canadian Guy Eh and Crystal Blazier will have their Spyro reveals tomorrow at 10AM EST.

But that's not all, it seems to be that after the initial surprise tomorrow. Canadian Guy Eh will have more surprises throughout the week.

So my guess is that'll include more footage for every day, maybe? Not sure yet. But who wants to guess that one of the surprises will be some Lost Fleet footage on Halloween?

Turns out Canadian Guy Eh was invited to Toys For Bob and recorded some exclusive gameplay of Dino Mines. Both the Spyro and Agent 9 sections.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Turns out Canadian Guy Eh was invited to Toys For Bob and recorded some exclusive gameplay of Dino Mines. Both the Spyro and Agent 9 sections.

Looks pretty good, though I do have one nitpick about the redesigned dinos:

In the original game, when one of the green T.rexes spotted Spyro, they had a cute little animation where they'd swing their hips to hurl their guns into their hands, since their arms were too stubby to reach their holsters.

Here, they have much longer, more anthropomorphic arms, which kinda undermines the idea of these guys being Tyrannosaurs.

• Thumbs Up 2

New Fireworks Factory and some Dino Mines screenshots.

Now according to Canadian Guy Eh said that we'll also want to keep checking the official Spyro Twitter account.

Achievement Hunter got to interview the devs and they confirmed you will be able to play some of Spyro 2 and 3 without the download.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, I’m sorry, the download is still a fucking thing??

Is this some kind of joke? I thought the entire reason behind the two month delay was so they avoided this shit.

I am in total disbelief right now. This is absolutely ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

Now I'm really hoping the Switch version doesn't launch until this is fixed.

TFB, you've been making such a clean run across the field with this remake so far, but this is dropping the ball on the 1-yard line.

• Thumbs Up 2

Quoting myself, like a day or two ago;

"The fact that the content download discussion (as in, whether it will be or not) has been going on for nearly two months is kind of weird to me because I remember it being said right after the delay was announced that the delay was just for polish and bug fixing, not to change how the game will be distributed."

Seriously, I'm pretty sure it was said right from the start that this wasn't going to be changed. 

10 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Quoting myself, like a day or two ago;

"The fact that the content download discussion (as in, whether it will be or not) has been going on for nearly two months is kind of weird to me because I remember it being said right after the delay was announced that the delay was just for polish and bug fixing, not to change how the game will be distributed."

Seriously, I'm pretty sure it was said right from the start that this wasn't going to be changed. 

Then it was pretty damn idiotic of them not to change it after the delay. This is something that's practically killing the game for a lot of people and there's no excuse for it. It's a collection of PS1 remasters, they are not big enough to warrant this unless it's going to be a broken mess like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 was.

Again, still buying the game physically. I'm not passing this up.

It's still a little disappointing to hear this is still the case after the delay, but if I'm gonna be honest, I don't really care all that much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, now I think some of you are exagerating. They confirmed all 3 games are playable, but there's a day one patch to download some content for Spyro 2 and 3... Which is basically every game nowadays. It's been like this for years now, you buy the disc and there's an update, patch or something else to install. I don't know why Spyro RT is suddenly a crime? I agree that if 2 out of 3 games were completely locked untill you download the whole thing, it would be shit. But now we know it isn't the case. All 3 games are playable from the beginning. You can play as it downloads the rest in the background. Also, the thing about "they took this extra 2 months to fit everything on a single disc" was NEVER confirmed, it was a RUMOUR.

I've been out of the physical game days for years now, because with the coming of the modern, smart-consoles, every game demands you to download and install some shit. It's bad for countries/cities that have shitty internet speed/connection, mine's pretty bad, it took an entire day to download RDR2, but that's the trend now, and it's not just videogames. Television, music... We're no longer in the era of blowing cartdriges. That's the way it is... Get over it. The future is in the cloud.

But that's just my vision.

With stuff like the Wii shop's closure, I think there's reason to worry as more people are realizing that digital content is not future-proof and will be lost at some point following the inevitable closures of older storefronts like, say, PS3 or Wii U. It hasn't happened yet and it's not gonna happen for a while for PS4, but there will come a time when these games will be unplayable without the servers hosting this content now. It also negates some of the benefits of having physical copies.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well, again, that's the way it is... Things evolve, they change. It sucks, yeah, but we have to adapt. It works the other way around too, I have a lot of Dreamcast GDs sitting on my drawer, but I can't play it because I no longer have the system and I'm in no way buying a new one because the prices are absurd. But then there's the news that Dreamcast games are coming to the Switch online store. That's awesome! It works for everyone, unless well.. you literally wanna shove the GD inside your Switch lol

Eventually physical games will no longer be a thing, so yeah. 

The thing is though, unless you’ve made it accessible and convenient to do for anyone, you probably shouldn’t “evolve” and push the industry in a direction it clearly isn’t ready for. Especially when many areas still have shit internet  

also pretty sure this patch is required in order to play the other two. Typically I believe you can play games without needing to download the patch. That’s the difference 

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

The thing is though, unless you’ve made it accessible and convenient to do for anyone, you probably shouldn’t “evolve” and push the industry in a direction it clearly isn’t ready for. Especially when many areas still have shit internet  

also pretty sure this patch is required in order to play the other two. Typically I believe you can play games without needing to download the patch. That’s the difference 

The last game I've bought physical was Uncharted 4 and, without a doubt, I remember having to download a patch from the internet. Not sure if said patch was mandatory to play, it was a huge ass patch tho', but surely this practice isn't new and I don't see how the "people aren't ready" for this.

Imagine if everytime devs fixed a bug they had to burn new copies of the disc and ship it? It's great that we are on the age where patches are a thing. Another thing that pushed me away from buying physical copies -besides the fact that one day the disc will scratch or naturally become unreadable (because of dust, humidity)- is that every game needs to be installed on the consoles' HD. Freaking Uncharted 4 took 60+ gb of space, the disc is literally only necessary to unlock the game. Then what's the point? And if bad (or none) internet is a problem for some, then these people might as well not buy modern consoles yet... You don't buy cars if there isn't roads. I'm definitely sounding (reading, since this is a text, not an audio) harsh or egotistical, but be sure that I'm not expressing myself on this tone, I'm just typing the reality of the things normally... Everything is connected to the goddamn internet these days. We depend on our smartphones. That's the way it is.

As for the gameplay itself, I was never a fan of Dino Mines, but that's because I had the infamous pirated copy of Spyro 3, which had tons of glitches, the worst of all was the vanishing of eggs and gems. So I usually rushed the Midnight Mountain levels just to gather enough eggs to fight the Sorceress. Which I never could because when you start the battle, 10 seconds in and the game would restart from zero... 

Glad they kept the pistols, turrent guns and dynamites from the original. Away censorship! Visuals look great as usual, music sounds nice, VA sounds good. There's our missing egg animation! Oh, and the Canadian Guy's "big reveal" was this? Because, dude... IGN and a few other places revealed gameplay from Dino Mines too. He hyped people for something that everyone else revealed too. At best, his reveal was that he went to Toys for Bob's office... Good for him? lol What a dorky.

Digital download literally unloads everything onto the user and requires in most cases MORE space. And many areas in the country and in other areas of the world still DO have struggling internet’s, so the idea of mandatory patches in order to pay the 60 dollar game you bought is never gonna stick unless you either make it digital only, or make better internet . Like I’m sorry but your “solutions” come off pretentious and out of touch with the real world. People have been able to buy physical games and play them even with sketchy internet. Suddenly expecting they now have fast internet connections if they wanna play it, is unreasonable and shit. It’s not comparable to iPhones as those right off the bat required internet and the consumer base knew that 

• Thumbs Up 2

Digital titles are great, but the massive amounts of bandwidth required for them causes a problem. You see, when you're like me and live out in the country miles away from any town, there isn't going to be hard wired internet. Out here, Wi-Fi is the only option, and it has a major problem: data limits. Even with an "unlimited" plan, once you burn though your 15 GB 4G limit and get knocked down to 600kb/s, you're done downloading games/updates for the month. Now, for normal internet stuff 600kb/s is perfectly usable, so I've simply taken to a system of doing all the updates I can when the month turns new. Point being, I can only manage a download that's so big, and I know I'm not the only one out there bogged down by such limits. I personally and getting sick and tired of every freaking company out there assuming everyone has unlimited broadband and can download 100 GB files in a flash. It doesn't work that way, and by assuming it does you leave a lot of people unable to experience what you have to offer. Now I have to wait and see how big this damn download is, and if it's too big I'll just have to get the original games. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Honestly, barring the disc versions of Spyro 2 and 3 consisting of everything from the PS1 versions at the barest minumum, it looks like the disc will be bargain bin material for me.

I gotta agree, these companies trying to force something a lot people aren't ready for yet. On the plus side, it's $40 that can go into replacing some DVDs that need to be replaced badly.