Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

On 11/5/2018 at 11:51 PM, Operationgamer17 said:

We now have confirmation that the download patch is 5 GB. The back of the box say 55 GB minimum is required and discs can only hold up to 50 GB. 

No actually. Because multiple PS4 games has that listed as a minimum requirement, and still has the entirety of the game itself on-disc, one main example being Grand Theft Auto V.

So unless you really want to try sell me on the notion that somehow the remaster of three PS1 era games have magically managed to become the same size as one of the largest open-world games on PS4, filled with content, then this still reeks of Activision's greedy bullshit and poor optimisation. 

• Fist Bump 1

Playstation France had a livestream of the game earlier today where a ton of stuff was shown off, including the Reignited openings. Gameplay starts at the 27 minute mark.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Icy Peak. Definitely one of my favorite stages from Spyro 3:

It's also one of mine next to Frozen Alters, Spooky Swamp, Molten Crater and Dino Mines.

DAMN IT, they did revealed Icy Peak, I swear. Too bad it looks shit. For the first time I disliked how a level looks in the Reignited Trilogy. I disliked some characters redesigns and remixed songs, but never a level. Had a few issues with some, sure, but Icy Peak I actually really disliked, the original is a hundred times better, like, much better... one of my favorites...

Oh yeah, I couldn't left 😕 I'm weak.

I also now noticed that the ice doesn't quite look like ice. Which never in a game (or anything else for that matter) have I seen ice look like stone as opposed to clear or white.

And now this happens. It seems Jordan Fringe got an early copy and says that it's 91GB in total?

So how did we go from the US case saying 55GB to the UK cover saying 50GB to now 91GB?

@Blue Knight/Bluestreak He’s adding up what’s stated on the back of the case, plus the patch, which is reportedly 36 GB at least on PS4. The Xbox Live Store Page For the game says 42 GB. Though, supposedly there’s 31 GB on the disc. 

So it’s 31 + 36, which equals 67 GB. 

• Thumbs Up 1

No way the whole game is 91gbs. Absolutely no way. It's bigger than Uncharted 4 and as big as GTA and Red Dead, Jordan must be mistaken.

4 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I also now noticed that the ice doesn't quite look like ice. Which never in a game (or anything else for that matter) have I seen ice look like stone as opposed to clear or white.

I looked it up and it's definitely a thing to have ice that looks like stone if there's stone underneath (and in Reignited's case, it looks like stone with a very shallow layer of water over it, so it would look like that). Considering that Colossus has very different looking ice, I'd say it's a deliberate design choice to fit with the new direction of the theme as opposed to them having a texturing issue. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

The game not only broke street date, but apparently, there are some people streaming it. Lovely.

Beware! If you guys see something spoiler-y, remember to tag it if you're posting it here.

I saw a little bit of the PlayStation France streaming, and the game looks lit (sorry). They've fixed/changed a bunch of minor things, especially in Sunny Vila. Barely any purple filter too. Can't wait (literally, I said I was going but look at me, still here). Strength!

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay so VTNVIVI Tweeted this about the whole Spyro Reignited game size mystery. He does seem to clear the whole thing up rather well.

Ok the game the file size for the disk is 795 KBs and the game needs 9.248 GBs of storage for the version 1.0 update. After that it ask for a version 1.02 update which is 19. 527 GB

I skipped the second update I this is what I got

Screen_Shot_2018-11-08_at_10.56.17_PM.pn

Screen_Shot_2018-11-08_at_10.56.26_PM.pn

So in other words you need internet to access 2 and 3. OOOOOOPS

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Ok I got the game and the file size of the disk is 795 KBs and the game is asking for 9.248 GBs to download not the 30 something that we had originally thought. 

Edit: Nevermind the 1.02 update is now asking for 19. 527 GB

Don't be surprised if there's a third 7gb update, the size seems to be 37gb total.

20 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Ok the game the file size for the disk is 795 KBs and the game needs 9.248 GBs of storage for the version 1.0 update. After that it ask for a version 1.02 update which is 19. 527 GB

I skipped the second update I this is what I got

Screen_Shot_2018-11-08_at_10.56.17_PM.pn

Screen_Shot_2018-11-08_at_10.56.26_PM.pn

So in other words you need internet to access 2 and 3. OOOOOOPS

So skipping the update prevents you from accessing 2 & 3 altogether? Or can you still access certain levels without it?

1 minute ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

So skipping the update prevents you from accessing 2 & 3 altogether? Or can you still access certain levels without it?

I can play it but some levels require the download

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I can play it but some levels require the download

Okay, just checking.

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I looked it up and it's definitely a thing to have ice that looks like stone if there's stone underneath (and in Reignited's case, it looks like stone with a very shallow layer of water over it, so it would look like that). Considering that Colossus has very different looking ice, I'd say it's a deliberate design choice to fit with the new direction of the theme as opposed to them having a texturing issue. 

I actually never thought about shallow water freezing on top of stone. Now that I know that I kind of like the new design choice. Now hopefully they keep the weasels (I think that's what they are) mischievous laugh.

26 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

@Dejimon11

I was wondering, did they remake the main menu animations for each game?

You mean the openings that play when you boot up the game? Nope. 

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

Man, that’s really lame.

6 hours ago, Jango said:

No way the whole game is 91gbs. Absolutely no way. It's bigger than Uncharted 4 and as big as GTA and Red Dead, Jordan must be mistaken.

Jango, meet Activision. Activision, greed included, meet Jango. If they could get away with such a shoddy optimization job, they'd do it in a heartbeat. The fact that we're even discussing an unnecessary download like this that's already splitting consumers is ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

4 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So you mean there's no ninja rhynoc jumping from behind a sign before getting charged by Spyro for Spyro 3? I was really hoping that'd be remade.

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Jango, meet Activision. Activision, greed included, meet Jango.

Not to take away from this, but it’s already been confirmed by Deji that altogether it falls around the 35-40GB mark.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Not to take away from this, but it’s already been confirmed by Deji that altogether it falls around the 35-40GB mark.

Good thing the amount isn't what I was addressing. Like you yourself said. It's Acti being scumbags either way. The fact that there's a download required at all and such a big one, facilitates what I said.

• Thumbs Up 2