Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

They make it waaaaay more obvious now though

Also I can see it coming to PC but file size says lol to the switch

You’re saying that yet Toys For Bob was able to compress Crash Bandicoot’s 23-30 GB file size down to 6 GB when they ported it to Switch.

23 to 64 is a huge difference and what will they scrafice to do that crash on switch looks heck of a lot worse running than the more powerful systems

5 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Also I can see it coming to PC but file size says lol to the switch

You act as if proper optimization doesn't exist and that this trilogy isn't just poorly optimized in the first place due to Activision's greed. 

As someone who's studied this stuff in college,  I can assure you it's highly plausible. Company just has to actually care enough. 

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

crash on switch looks heck of a lot worse running than the more powerful systems

Riiiight. There's hyperbole and then there's this. If it were that bad and a legit complaint, this would be something more widespread said online. Notably it isn't because no one's really going to lose their crystals over slight visual downgrades when they're playing it on something as impressive as a console/hand held hybrid. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

You act as if proper optimization doesn't exist and that this trilogy isn't just poorly optimized in the first place due to Activision's greed. 

As someone who's studied this stuff in college,  I can assure you it's highly plausible. Company just has to actually care enough. 

Riiiight. There's hyperbole and then there's this. If it were that bad and a legit complaint, this would be something more widespread said online. Notably it isn't because no one's really going to lose their crystals over slight visual downgrades when they're playing it on something as impressive as a console/hand held hybrid. 

There is noting hyperbole about it. unless someone is just upset cause they do own more than one system and tries hard to fanboy defend the system they own then maybe but crash and most games when you downsize them are going to run and look worse than the full game. You do not take a 20-60 gb game compress it and then say at the end of the day hmmm looks just as good as this version. As someone who has actually talked to game producers on some projects published i know a bit as well.

Effects, lighting, fur, all toned down or just look worse on the switch. oh it runs but looks no where as colorful and nice as the other. Do not go tossing words around you do not understand at someone.

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

There is noting hyperbole about it.

The term is "hyperbolic". And yeah,  trying to claim that the graphics look "a heck of a lot worse" for the Crash port is blowing the deal out of proportion. 

And again, why raise such a stink for such details when they aren't even that notable? Unless it's something that's actually an active detriment to the game,  chances are no body really cares enough to forego a portable version of their favorites without the downgrades that handheld versions were infamous for. 

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

You do not take a 20-60 gb game compress it and then say at the end of the day hmmm looks just as good as this version.

I mean,  I never argued it looked exactly as good. But looking around as good,  yeah it still does. Now,  if it were Wii to PS3 levels of difference,  then you'd have a legit case to make. 

And we see plenty of games ranging from Doom to Diablo 3,  too even ARK Survival of all things prove the point that a company just has to actually optimize most of these titles fine to fit them. 

Heck,  even Nintendo have shown,  with games that have far more stuff packed in than the Reignited Trilogy,  optimized on their cartridges with less space, that keen optimization skills are key. Well that, plus not being money grubbing like Acti.

13 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

As someone who has actually talked to game producers on some projects published i know a bit as well.

I actively doubt that if you're not taking into account,  numerous factors such as updated retainments of data. Compression and optimization on later surrounds editions of games,  etc,  just to name a few. 

I mean,  you don't even need a game devs' word on it, given the numerous titles and ports of games massive in size on other consoles,  but with more manageable sizes in the Stitch. 

I'm not really seeing the ground base for your argument here. 

6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

The term is "hyperbolic". And yeah,  trying to claim that the graphics look "a heck of a lot worse" for the Crash port is blowing the deal out of proportion. 

And again, why raise such a stink for such details when they aren't even that notable? Unless it's something that's actually an active detriment to the game,  chances are no body really cares enough to forego a portable version of their favorites without the downgrades that handheld versions were infamous for. 

I mean,  I never argued it looked exactly as good. But looking around as good,  yeah it still does. Now,  if it were Wii to PS3 levels of difference,  then you'd have a legit case to make. 

And we see plenty of games ranging from Doom to Diablo 3,  too even ARK Survival of all things prove the point that a company just has to actually optimize most of these titles fine to fit them. 

Heck,  even Nintendo have shown,  with games that have far more stuff packed in than the Reignited Trilogy,  optimized on their cartridges with less space, that keen optimization skills are key. Well that, plus not being money grubbing like Acti.

I actively doubt that if you're not taking into account,  numerous factors such as updated retainments of data. Compression and optimization on later surrounds editions of games,  etc,  just to name a few. 

I mean,  you don't even need a game devs' word on it, given the numerous titles and ports of games massive in size on other consoles,  but with more manageable sizes in the Stitch. 

I'm not really seeing the ground base for your argument here. 

Cause as systems grow and new ones come out i expect games to look good even if ported. why even bother just to say well at least its on it. Granted Crash is not as graphic demanding as say MHW hence why its not coming to the switch. But at the same time when you have to remove features that were added to the game to make it look nice like fur effects, clear reflections in ice it just comes out looking like a eh heres this game cause you guys would not stop posting about wanting a port on twitter.  But you know we will see. At the moment there has not even been even hints at a switch port if anything.

34 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

why even bother just to say well at least its on it. 

Far more reason than just wanting a game to look it's prettiest. If that mentality ran the industry,  the likes of the Gamecube would've been king back in the day,  and the Xbox One X wouldn't be the laughing stock of the big three this gen.

graphic demanding as say MHW hence why its not coming to the switch.

You've said this before on other games that ended up coming to the Switch and have evidently been wrong on this matter before. 

Graphics aren't the reason it's not on the Switch,  so let's not kid ourselves there. Ironically enough,  the Switch might've gotten the better MH still.

I mean, it should be obvious. Fun comes first and unless a game or port has god awful looks and presentation, people want what's there and convenient for them. Hence one of the Switchs strongest selling points. 

Screw looking "OMG 4K better or whatnot", compared to taking HD games out wherever you go. It's elementary. 

But at the same time when you have to remove features that were added to the game to make it look nice like fur effects, clear reflections in ice it just comes out looking like a eh heres this game cause you guys would not stop posting about wanting a port on twitter.

Going to be honest. You're the only person I've seen who's this bothered with it. Heck, some people even prefer Crash's look on the Switch since they don't dig the fur. And given how well the Switch version of Crash has been selling,  yeah, it's safe to say that the general consensus doesn't place ultra HD graphics on that high a pedestal thankfully. 

Not saying that games like Marvel vs Capcom infinite have an excuse to look as bad as they may,  but graphics aren't going to hold a project back if they're up to par, which Switch ports have been pretty much.

At the moment there has not even been even hints at a switch port if anything.

Ah, you haven't heard about the slipped out "Nintendo Switch" and PC tabs from the Spyro official website or the official Nintendo page.

I mean,  it's pretty obvious that unless the Reignited Trilogy flops,  that ports are around the corner. It's Activision. They go where the money is. And staving off players to entice potential double dipping for the ports people are waiting for, is a common cheap tactic of theirs anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Far more reason than just wanting a game to look it's prettiest. If that mentality ran the industry,  the likes of the Gamecube would've been king back in the day,  and the Xbox One X wouldn't be the laughing stock of the big three this gen.

You've said this before on other games that ended up coming to the Switch and have evidently been wrong on this matter before. 

Graphics aren't the reason it's not on the Switch,  so let's not kid ourselves there. Ironically enough,  the Switch might've gotten the better MH still.

I mean, it should be obvious. Fun comes first and unless a game or port has god awful looks and presentation, people want what's there and convenient for them. Hence one of the Switchs strongest selling points. 

Screw looking "OMG 4K better or whatnot", compared to taking HD games out wherever you go. It's elementary. 

Going to be honest. You're the only person I've seen who's this bothered with it. Heck, some people even prefer Crash's look on the Switch since they don't dig the fur. And given how well the Switch version of Crash has been selling,  yeah, it's safe to say that the general consensus doesn't place ultra HD graphics on that high a pedestal thankfully. 

Ah, you haven't heard about the slipped out "Nintendo Switch" and PC tabs from the Spyro official website or the official Nintendo page.

I mean,  it's pretty obvious that unless the Reignited Trilogy flops,  that ports are around the corner. It's Activision. They go where the money is. And staving off players to entice potential double dipping for the ports people are waiting for, is a common cheap tactic of theirs anyway. 

I mean all it takes is actually looking around to see the comments of people pointing out how the graphics are poor on the system. I mean unless your looking at noting but people on here than maybe id see the argument of no one else is saying anything on it. but going through comments on any video comparison youll see just as many people pointing out 1. the switch version looks worse in some areas. 2. that no version runs at 60 frames. if the game running sub par to the others is your cup of tea more power to you. For me  im going to get the versions that run and look the best. regardless if portable. most games on my switch are first party titles as i know they are going to look great.

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

if the game running sub par to the others is your cup of tea more power to you

You're hyperbolizing the situation again. 

Either that,  or you aren't really paying mind to that I'm actually saying. 

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

maybe id see the argument of no one else is saying anything on it.

And yeah,  you're twisting my words on that one. I said you're the first person I've seen who actively lets those visual discrepancies bug themselves to this point.  I mean,  even people in that comments section point out Activision being a notable influence on the ports' detriments.

If you're resorting to twisting my words and we're this off topic from Spyro,  then it seems things have reached their conclusion. 

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

1. the switch version looks worse in some areas. 2. that no version runs at 60 frames. 

On your first point,  you use a general claim that doesn't match your hyperbole of saying it looks a heck of a lot worse. 

And your second claim is something that's attached more to every system expect the PC.

I think you aught to realize at that point, where we're coming from here. How well these are optimized lies more with the company. Those are more often what call the shots on these ports. If anything,  you've just helped prove my point more than your claim that such a big unoptimized file size for Spyro on PS4 and Xbone would prevent the expected port to the Switch. 

4 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

You're hyperbolizing the situation again. 

Either that,  or you aren't really paying mind to that I'm actually saying. 

And yeah,  you're twisting my words on that one. I said you're the first person I've seen who actively lets those visual discrepancies bug themselves to this point.  I mean,  even people in that comments section point out Activision being a notable influence on the ports' detriments.

If you're resorting to twisting my words and we're this off topic from Spyro,  then it seems things have reached their conclusion. 

On your first point,  you use a general claim that doesn't match your hyperbole of saying it looks a heck of a lot worse. 

And your second claim is something that's attached more to every system expect the PC.

I think you aught to realize at that point, where we're coming from here. How well these are optimized lies more with the company. Those are more often what call the shots on these ports. If anything,  you've just helped prove my point more than your claim that such a big unoptimized file size for Spyro on PS4 and Xbone would prevent the expected port to the Switch. 

Actually i stopped paying attention to you fully after your third reply to me. Im done going back and forth on a proven point of the game looking no where as good as other systems. Actually you are right as the conversation will move no where from where we are at. you think they can optimize it i think it will probably look and run pretty bad. well see im not going to continue here cause i know the mods dislike it. End scene.

Anyway back on regular discussion to others. Is it me or does 3 really run the worse. i did a running jump and stuttured in my spot for a second and

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Heck, some people even prefer Crash's look on the Switch since they don't dig the fur. And given how well the Switch version of Crash has been selling,  yeah, it's safe to say that the general consensus doesn't place ultra HD graphics on that high a pedestal thankfully. 

Well I do like the Switch version because he looks closer to the originals and Twinsanity. But I also like the fur additions of the other versions. But I'd pick the Switch versions over the others, once I get a Switch. Just for the option to take these trilogies, as well as other games like Sonic Forces, anywhere I want because of the easy portability.

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

I did and it's all the proof I need to know it's coming (plus the Nintendo Switch listing that was accidentally posted on Nintendo UK's store on announce day). Since I'll be getting Crash for Switch, well same for Spyro.

• Chuckle 1

A couple of random bits. First up, we have the concept art for Roscoe. 

Then, we have a first; a demo reel for some of the animation (mainly related to dragons). 

Erm.. so. Done with Beast Makers. I've never got further than Tree Tops on the original (which I've played for the first time only this year actually), so yeah, 100% new stuff from now on! Really liked Metalhead, wish he was harder tho'. The level looks so damn good.

I missed these kind of games. I hope they can patch the bugs, glitches and other graphical oddities the game has right now, because this deserves, it's a great trilogy of games for every generation, if I had kids, I would make them play this... Right now it will have to be my gf 😅

9 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

For that matter, true 4K isn't even possible on any consoles, not even most PCs unless running SLI. 4K Resolution is targeted by One X for the most part, but 4K assets aren't a thing the system is actually capable of running at an acceptable level (over 30 FPS). I say this as a guy who owns one and loves it. HDR is the real thing these pro consoles have going for them right now, because no one can actually do full 4K, and it's looking like it won't be feasible for a few more years also factoring in the fact that 4K assets are generally twice as big as 2K ones as well (every game even when compressed will be on Reignited Trilogy's level).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Great interview, the people at Toys for Bob are really nice and talented. Their explanation as to why the game was so freaking big was kinda naive tho', not sure if serious or an elaborate lie. This game really needs a patch to fix the framerate and glitches and it's gold. C'mon Activision. Let them finish this the right way. 

That feeling when you love someone very much and are helping them through the the first game that they've never played (but you 100%'d back in the day) and you're telling them how to 100% all the levels from memory as they stream it.

And then they get to the first Superman 64 level. And you need to remember the easiest way to beat it, rather than the fastest.

• Nice Smile 1

They should not be taking on that level so soon if they've never played the game before. The intention is that you get to at least Magic Crafters before attempting it. 

That's what happens when you release the same game every year. Spyro didn't got a game in a long time, same as Crash. People starve.

Finished Spyro 1. What a wonderfull trip. I loved everything about it. Didn't ran into any bug, just pure joy. I ended up enjoying the Reignited soundtrack and played the second half of the game with it on. This is likely one of my favorite 3D platformers right now. Simple, colorfull, fun. I can't recommend it enough. Minor, reaaaally minor troublesome stuff like the unnecessary motion blur and the a bit too close camera, two things I'm sure can be patched if Activision allow TFB to work a bit more on these games.

Frankly, this is as good, if not better, than the Crash remake. They did it good. Amazing job, Toys for Bob. The credits sequence, while nothing like the original, has some absolutely adorable illustrations of Spyro with the elder dragons. There's real heart in these pictures. And the "Thank you for playing!" message at the end. That's why I love videogames. They get Spyro. 💜

I'm just gonna get the remaining gems, trophies and skill points and start Spyro 2!

• Thumbs Up 1

So apparently the boost exploit for the skateboard section of Spyro 3’s Super Bonus World has been removed in the Reignited Trilogy , R.I.P. anyone trying to 100% this game as this part is nigh impossible to do without the exploit. 

It also doesn’t help that this part of the level is extremely buggy ( randomly falling off the skateboard while riding on a flat surface, an invisible wall knocking you off of the shortcut if you don’t boost before jumping.)

So apparently the boost exploit for the skateboard section of Spyro 3’s Super Bonus World has been removed in the Reignited Trilogy , R.I.P. anyone trying to 100% this game as this part is nigh impossible to do without the exploit. 

It also doesn’t help that this part of the level is extremely buggy ( randomly falling off the skateboard while riding on a flat surface, an invisible wall knocking you off of the shortcut if you don’t boost before jumping.)

Can confirm that the Permanent Super Flame still transfers to a new save file of Spyro 2 after you get it, allowing for a psuedo "New Game+".

FUCK YEAH.

• Thumbs Up 3

Aw look, the guy behind the designs of some of the first dragons we saw has done some new fanart of Spyro! It's so cu--wait what. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1