Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Has anyone else found that when you start a glide he dips way more than he did in the originals? I'm missing loads of jumps because of that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm (slowly) playing the first game and oh my gosh I love the new dragons designs, they're wonderful. I keep taking screenshots whenever I free one of them 😛

10 hours ago, Eurisko said:

Has anyone else found that when you start a glide he dips way more than he did in the originals? I'm missing loads of jumps because of that.

Maybe it's just me, but no. Even with the worlds having more weight and details now, I still found the glide to be the same. Even easier now because when you barely make a jump, Spyro will (sometimes) automatically do a hover and save himself. It's not the biggest hover, but it helped me a few times. 

I found the controls in general, much better than the original, unlike Crash (at least 2 and 3) where they made it worse on the remakes. THEN AGAIN, I haven't touched Spyro 2 and 3 yet........ Yeah. I heard people saying the swiming is shit...

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Jango said:

Maybe it's just me, but no. Even with the worlds having more weight and details now, I still found the glide to be the same. Even easier now because when you barely make a jump, Spyro will (sometimes) automatically do a hover and save himself. It's not the biggest hover, but it helped me a few times. 

I found the controls in general, much better than the original, unlike Crash (at least 2 and 3) where they made it worse on the remakes. THEN AGAIN, I haven't touched Spyro 2 and 3 yet........ Yeah. I heard people saying the swiming is shit...

Ive not seen anyone else mention the gliding maybe its just me. I've not got around to 2 and 3 yet but i'm sure they'll be good.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:07 PM, Eurisko said:

I've not seen anyone else mention the gliding maybe its just me. I've not got around to 2 and 3 yet but i'm sure they'll be good.

You're not the only one. A lot of players including myself have complained about the long distance gliding. It's slightly worse than the original game. All you can do is get as close to the edge as possible before jumping and gliding, but this doesn't always guarantee you'll make it across, unfortunately.

Toys for Bob should have given Spyro 1 the "hover" move from the original versions of Spyro 2&3. At least that would allow you to save yourself if your glide is a fraction too low.

Meanwhile...

I've 100%d and platted all three games.

DsZuXcJWsAEvCva.jpg

Yeah, 117% is the max for Spyro 3, which is a bit odd.

For me the beautiful and much improve visuals, accuracy of the physics and the option to switch between both soundtracks puts the Reignited trilogy way ahead of the N-Sane trilogy.

Spyro 2 is still my favorite. Plays fantastic. Didn't encounter any glitches in my playthrough.  The only issue I noticed was that the hover move sometimes won't activate when I'm trying to do a very short glide. There's never any issue with long glides. Other than that, it's a lovely remaster. Like I said in my previous post, Spyro 1 feels much improved thanks to the better visuals and animations. Oh and I love that you can use Sparx to locate missing gems.

As for Spyro 3, a lot of the missions felt easier to do over the original. The controls are good. I had less trouble with the hover move. However, unlike the first games, I have experienced a few glaring glitches. The camera going bonkers when playing as Sgt. Bird in narrow tunnels, making it near-impossible to progress. Kept getting swallowed by the whale (which contains an egg) in Evening Lake, couldn't escape. When entering water the camera doesn't always follow Spyro underwater so you can't see gems underwater. Toys of Bob should have been given more time to polish up Spyro 3.

15/11 edit:

I've now unlocked all skill points in Spyro 2.

Therefore, I've unlocked everything in the Reignited trilogy.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

You're not the only one. A lot of players including myself have complained about the long distance gliding. It's slightly worse than the original game. All you can do is get as close to the edge as possible before jumping and gliding, but this doesn't always guarantee you'll make it across, unfortunately.

Toys for Bob should have given Spyro 1 the "hover" move from the original versions of Spyro 2&3. At least that would allow you to save yourself if your glide is a fraction too low.

Meanwhile...

I've 100%d and platted all three games.

DsZuXcJWsAEvCva.jpg

Yeah, 117% is the max for Spyro 3, which is a bit odd.

For me the beautiful and much improve visuals, accuracy of the physics and the option to switch between both soundtracks puts the Reignited trilogy way ahead of the N-Sane trilogy.

Spyro 2 is still my favorite. Plays fantastic. Didn't encounter any glitches in my playthrough.  The only issue I noticed was that the hover move sometimes won't activate when I'm trying to do a very short glide. There's never any issue with long glides. Other than that, it's a lovely remaster. Like I said in my previous post, Spyro 1 feels much improved thanks to the better visuals and animations. Oh and I love that you can use Sparx to locate missing gems.

As for Spyro 3, a lot of the missions felt easier to do over the original. The controls are good. I had less trouble with the hover move. However, unlike the first games, I have experienced a few glaring glitches. The camera going bonkers when playing as Sgt. Bird in narrow tunnels, making it near-impossible to progress. Kept getting swallowed by the whale (which contains an egg) in Evening Lake, couldn't escape. When entering water the camera doesn't always follow Spyro underwater so you can't see gems underwater. Toys of Bob should have been given more time to polish up Spyro 3.

How did you beat that skateboard section in Super Bonus World?

8 minutes ago, Jiren (Metro) said:

How did you beat that skateboard section in Super Bonus World?

Here's a tip:

When you start the race jump off the first ramp you come across, and if you do enough forward flips and land safely you should completely fill your boost gauge! Then keep doing occasional flips throughout the lap to keep your boost gauge topped up. Make sure you hit the other racers (with missiles or just boost into them) and you should win comfortably.

53 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Spyro's spending Thanksgiving with his old colleague!

Crash and Spyro crossover confirmed.

I've played some of Spyro 2 yesterday and while everything is still gorgeous, the controls are kinda pissing me off. Actually, not the controls with a "s", but one specific action: hover.

Why?

Why they didn't removed Spyro 1's drop action completely? Now, you can ONLY hover if you're gliding for more than a second, or else Spyro would keep droping death. 

Again, why?

39 minutes ago, Jango said:

I've played some of Spyro 2 yesterday and while everything is still gorgeous, the controls are kinda pissing me off. Actually, not the controls with a "s", but one specific action: hover.

Why?

Why they didn't removed Spyro 1's drop action completely? Now, you can ONLY hover if you're gliding for more than a second, or else Spyro would keep droping death. 

Again, why?

The hover is kinda more generous to compensate, it's almost a double jump, also just in case, friendly reminder you need to get a running start to get the biggest glide and press forward while flying and hovering.

9 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Crash and Spyro crossover confirmed.

Can’t be any worse than those horrible gba games.

6 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

Can’t be any worse than those horrible gba games.

We had a better crossover game with them 

Spoiler

1477483804_ScreenShot2018-11-23at11_52_36AM.png.0e92739f0846b5e79fef3fe5e3fad7af.png

In Skylanders Imaginators 

:D

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

7 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

The hover is kinda more generous to compensate, it's almost a double jump, also just in case, friendly reminder you need to get a running start to get the biggest glide and press forward while flying and hovering.

I always did hold forward while gliding, no biggie. But the hover is bad, because I can't do a quick hover anymore, like jump, glide, hover. Now I need to jump, gliiiiiiiiiiiiiiide and then hover... I don't understand when devs say "we studied the controls, we played them so much that we even broke controls" and yet they get simple things wrong. Everything else is amazingly better, Spyro is TIGHT. But goddamn it, the quick hover fail gets me everytime.

So Spyro 2 is horribly broken. The boss against ripto glitched big time on me and when he got on robo gulp, there was still another ripto chasing me...what the fuck

18 hours ago, KHCast said:

So Spyro 2 is horribly broken. The boss against ripto glitched big time on me and when he got on robo gulp, there was still another ripto chasing me...what the fuck

lol I saw this glitch on Reddit. Man, I REALLY hope they make a patch to fix these bugs and glitches... This game deserves. But knowing Activision and the amount of fucks they gave to another beloved franchise (Tony Hawk's Pro Skater), I'm not too hopefull...

Anyways, I'm playing 2, and did the original also "restart" everything when you re-enter a level? Because I found it odd when I came back to Idol Springs and the intro and outro played, I had to defeat all the enemies again and even got the talisman again at the end. It was always like this?

12 minutes ago, Jango said:

lol I saw this glitch on Reddit. Man, I REALLY hope they make a patch to fix these bugs and glitches... This game deserves. But knowing Activision and the amount of fucks they gave to another beloved franchise (Tony Hawk's Pro Skater), I'm not too hopefull...

Anyways, I'm playing 2, and did the original also "restart" everything when you re-enter a level? Because I found it odd when I came back to Idol Springs and the intro and outro played, I had to defeat all the enemies again and even got the talisman again at the end. It was always like this?

Pretty sure it did.

44 minutes ago, Jango said:

The enemies always respawn when re-entering a stage in the original Spyro 1,2 & 3. You can also complete the same tasks and earn orbs and talismans again which you've already earned. 

However, I can't remember if the intro and ending cutscenes play when re-entering stages in the original version of Spyro 2.

Well, I've managed to overwrite my brain and as I play the Spyro 2 Reignited I no longer try to do the quick hover... As often hehehe

I gotta give credit where credit is due: Summer Forest is possibly the best thing ever. Every. Single. Detail. It's amazing, even better than Autumn Plains TBH. 

Played up untill Fracture Hills, loving everything so far.

Finished Spyro 2 last night. Didn't ran into a single bug during my playthrough. Amazingly fun.

Looking forward to finally play my favorite, hopefully bug-free aswell.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm almost done with 3 and it's being a mostly bug free experience, outside of small collision(some invisible walls are a bit too tall) and balancing issues(some minigames are too easy now) which don't really ruin the experience for me. Only two big bugs I found is Sgt. Byrd's stage of Molten Crater getting stuck on a black screen with repeated SFXs playing, but I could still exit the area, and the dialogue after you finish the main objective of Charmed Ridge not loading, leaving me stuck on the cutscene with the characters, which needed a soft reset.

I remember playing a demo of Spyro for the PSX years ago.  I never got into his games back then, but I'm extraordinarily impressed by the graphics of remastered Spyro.  A massive improvement and it's surprisingly not bad.  Too bad I don't have an 8th generation gaming console.