Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

I'd like to see the excuse when it actually does something sometime this month.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:52 PM, CrashRatchetFan said:

Honestly, literally the only way that could be unintentional is if you're a sloppy UI programmer.

And?

• Chuckle 1

On 3/6/2018 at 11:50 PM, Ratcicle King said:

Wasn't this already a practice done before? IIRC the Ratchet and Clank HD collection came with an exclusive Sly 4 demo, heck I recall it being advertised as a selling point, was that an exception or common at the time?

Don't even get me started on what a frustrating mess this was at the time. The first time the UK got a collection release ahead of the US and they felt the need to give the US a ton of "extra goodies" for having to wait. Which included a demo for a game in a series I was excited for that had it's forth entry constantly screwed over. We didn't receive this "special goodie demo", we didn't receieve the actual demo that the US got on the store for an additional two weeks to a month, and to top it off, the UK didn't even get the fucking game til a full month after the US which as you imagine, we got jack shit for the delay.

I don't want a shit situation like that again for Spyro.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

On 3/6/2018 at 9:52 PM, CrashRatchetFan said:

Honestly, literally the only way that could be unintentional is if you're a sloppy UI programmer.

Your point being?

As someone who's done programming for the past three years, so when very simple functions like adding two numbers together requires a bunch of different functions and methods created separated and takes up a crap ton of space on a programming tool, I very much doubt it's a case of "being sloppy". It's a case of it being unintentional because it was a codename (Assuming it's a codename, I don't even really know what people are talking about now, was a codename found in the code of the game or something?) and it not being seen as a big deal. Considering the general public aren't meant to see the proper coding of the game and on top of that, there's probably already an insane amount of code in the game anyway, they probably didn't see it as a big deal.

And well, if there was no project name at all and you're looking at that Crash 3 cheat input thing, I mean yeah, it's probably intentional...as a tiny easter egg to reference a code practically everyone knows at this point. I don't see why it'd be any deeper than that other than coincidental evidence.  

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Your point being?

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

And?

It’s because people are assuming it’s nothing and just think it was an accident they decided to take advantage of. 

People, huh? I see people arguing on the entirety of the last page whether Activision doing what was done with the original Crash 3 for a Spyro demo would be a skeevy cash grab in 2018. I see some people questioning whether it is just an easter egg or not. But the only ones I see making big assumptions about what to expect about what a nonfunctional button code means (that is the same as a functional button code from a game this is a remake of) are you and the person who quoted some guy on twitter who merely showed that it was purposely put in at one point.

Along those lines:

On 3/7/2018 at 3:52 AM, CrashRatchetFan said:

I'd like to see the excuse when it actually does something sometime this month.

The "excuse", as it were, is that a nonfunctional button code referencing a functional button code from the game NST does not become proof of Activision's intentions just because the developer put it in the game on purpose at some point in the development process. For all you or I or anyone know right now, they did plan to put a demo for Spyro in it (since the rumors are Spyro remakes have been in development for nearly as long) but had to pull it. For all you or I or anyone know right now, it is just an easter egg for the people who would inevitably try it to see what it did. You ever play Doom 3? Typing any of the codes from the original Doom had the same effect.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I see people arguing on the entirety of the last page whether Activision doing what was done with the original Crash 3 for a Spyro demo would be a skeevy cash grab in 2018.

It wasn't really the entirety of the last page, one of my 2 posts on that page was a news update post (with videos) to get everyone back on subject, instead of what everyone's talking about, most of which I don't get into. I hear is that were getting a new addition to the franchise, look for hints and keep checking for updates and confirmation, probably discuss it a little bit, but not make 2 or 3 pages of arguments that don't go anywhere.

As if there wasn't enough evidence already - there's now confirmation that Crash is hitting all consoles on July 10th. Which would be one year of exclusivity on PS4.

Spyro's leak mentions that same year of exclusivity.  

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

As if there wasn't enough evidence already - there's now confirmation that Crash is hitting all consoles on July 10th. Which would be one year of exclusivity on PS4.

Spyro's leak mentions that same year of exclusivity.  

Yep.

If the Spyro Trilogy remaster is happening (and it seems bloody likely), then the news of the N-Sane trilogy finally coming to other consoles pretty much confirms Activision will want the Spyro remaster to also get a multi-platform release (even it's a PS4 timed-exclusive again).

Will be very interesting to see how the N-Sane trilogy sells on Steam, Switch and Xb1.  

They mentioned? Who, where, when? This is awesome!! PC too??

Just saw it on Facebook, yes! Crash for everyone!

Close to the end of the above video by VTNVIVI, he shows a new Tweet by Activision which pretty much confirms the Spyro remasters.

Be cautious for tomorrow (or today for people in different zones). 

• Way Past Cool 1

Not surprised. I mean, why would they announce Spyro remakes on a (as far as I know) random day in March instead of at E3 in three months?

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

Turns out it was nothing... 

I didn't think anything would happen, I mean a specific time. Maybe Activision might reveal Spyro at SXSW possibly later today through saturday.

5 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Not surprised. I mean, why would they announce Spyro remakes on a (as far as I know) random day in March instead of at E3 in three months?

Like you said e3 is still aways off. If the game has been in development long enough, why not anounce it out of the blue and surprise everyone instead of having it be lost in a sea of other game announcements during E3?

Didn't Tomb 3 was announced today out of the blue? I don't think it's a rule. Sure announcing during a gaming event is better because all eyes are turned to it. 

Still, Kotaku said march. There's still time.

Yeah, LKD's made it clear that she said March, not a specific date in March. There's still half a month to see if things pan out, innit. 

38 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Like you said e3 is still aways off. If the game has been in development long enough, why not anounce it out of the blue and surprise everyone instead of having it be lost in a sea of other game announcements during E3?

Eh, that's fair, it's just weird to me because they didn't worry about that with Crash. But I guess Spyro coming back might not be as big of a shock on it's own, especially with all the rumours and the fact that we've been seeing a lot of surprising revivals in the last few years.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Celestia said:

BLOPS 4 was announced out of the blue just last week. 

So were the Crash ports. 

And someone already said Tomb Raider so that’s covered.