Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

49 minutes ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

BLOPS 4 was announced out of the blue just last week. 

Not... Quite though. There was a big "leak" if you want to say it of James Harden wearing a Black Ops 4 logo hat which probably caused or anticipated the reveal. Plus one or two leaks here and there.

Spyro, eh, while it was popular I never felt it was as iconic as Crash so I can see Spyro getting an out of the purple (hue) reveal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, while I actually prefer Spyro, Crash does seem to be in a whole other league in terms of being iconic. I guess it makes sense since first game came out only a few months after Mario 64 and there was a LOT of hype. 

Here's a question for y'all: what are some changes you'd like to see? After all, NST made plenty of minor but notable changes, such as adding stuff (checkpoints in the first game now save the box destruction count, the crate counter from 3, etc.) from later installments to the earlier ones. Tho' to be honest I...can't think of anything specific I'd improve about the Spyro trilogy, at least not off the top of my head. It's been a little while since I replayed them and even then, I only played RR and YOTD since I don't have a copy of the first game.

The only thing that comes to mind is adding Sparx's ability to point you towards gems you've missed in the first game. Maybe it could be a reward for saving all the dragons and defeating Gnasty Gnorc?

The major change I can imagine is Skill Points being added to Spyro 1 and them having a proper menu for showing how to unlock them and where they're located - similar to Ratchet.

I could potentially see them adding a few new bonus sections to Spyro 1 and 2 where you play as the Spyro 3 cast, similar to Coco being unlockable in Crash NST. Also, extras for getting skill points.

I can't think of anything that needs improvement from the top of my head. I haven't played Spyro in a while. I recall the controls being pretty stiff in the original game, just like Crash, so I guess an universal control scheme could be an improvement. Include the little "hop" (triangle button) into 1 aswell and boom. 

One major thing I DON'T want to be "fixed", is the soundtrack. It's too good to be touched... The music plays a big part in these games, even more so than in Crash, it has to be kept intact, no shallow remixing, just HQ upgrade.

I hope they make some of the Dragon statues in Spyro 1 easier to get to. Towards the later stages of the game, you had to do some pretty precise jumps and glides to even get to them. Spyro 1 as a whole didn't really control that well especially during a super charge so I hope they can fix some of that.

I'm glad that a lot in this trilogy will be sorta new to me. I've played Spyro much less (compared to Crash at least) back in the day. I also did the reverse route, my first Spyro was Year of the Dragon, which I'm pretty fond actually, I remember every song, every level... Then I've played 2, loved it, but found it a bit forgettable. I think I've only finished once or twice. And then, years later, I bought Spyro 1 on PSN and... Yeah, I think I didn't even made it to world 2, it was a bit too "primitive" to me. Also, good lord I hated Spyro's VA. Tom Kenny's Spyro was perfect.

So yeah, 3 is the one I'll have the most "wow, these looks beautiful in HD!!" moments hehe

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/16/2018 at 6:37 AM, Red said:

I hope they make some of the Dragon statues in Spyro 1 easier to get to. Towards the later stages of the game, you had to do some pretty precise jumps and glides to even get to them. Spyro 1 as a whole didn't really control that well especially during a super charge so I hope they can fix some of that.

If the Crash remasters are anything to go by, they won't be going easy on us. Imperfect controls and Spyro's handling could be tightened up, I suppose, but whether they'll do that is another matter.

I just can't wait to see Tree Tops and other levels in glorious HD.

Put the health system and gliding controls from the Ripto's Rage into the first game and it would fix most of the problems it had. I imagine they might do that anyway if only so they don't have to do two different systems. Maybe make some of the hidden dragons a bit less esoteric to figure out the puzzle, but don't actually change how to get to them.

Another great video from VTNVIVI explaining what happened with rumoured Spyro trilogy remaster announcements, as well as possible progress updates on the 3 games.

That was cool vid and very well explained but this whole Spyro remake rumour is getting a bit over convoluted as VTNVIVI made clear.Theres people on Reddit and people on twitter and all over the place saying this that and the other. I'm just going to wait for Activision to officially say something at this point if they ever do, and take everything else with pinch of salt.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bring Sparx’s gem detecting ability from Spyro 2 into the first game because in some later levels like Lofty Castle, finding the last few gems can be a goddamn nuisance and could take ages. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Year of the Dragon is the only one I played out of the original trilogy, it was one of my favorite Spyro games, the others I have are post PS1 games. I wonder if they'll keep the references in the trilogy, like this one from Year of the Dragon.

latest?cb=20150609213801

• Thumbs Up 1

At no point the original question mentioned the remaster's rumored name...

Could be just a misinformed target employee, but still worth noting.

28 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

At no point the original question mentioned the remaster's rumored name...

Could be just a misinformed target employee, but still worth noting.

Could mean either that this employee is as tuned into the rumours as we are or he/she just let the cat out the bag. Though they misspelled 'Spyro' strangely enough.  It's another one for evidence pile anyway.

Something up with Target , this is a new one from about 20 mins ago. They've gone Spyro mad!! The question wasn't even about Spyro HA!!

What does Target know and when did they know it?

28 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

muGqOsI.png

Top 10 Anime Betrayals

What does this have to do with the Spyro trilogy remake topic?

Uh... That's the ''leaker'' who twice said the game would be announced in a certain date, the last one being today.

What a fucking asshole. He knew very well what this would do to people, trying to play it like he didn’t know people would take it seriously is weak. 

Honestly, the fact that he misspelled and then actually went back later to post about it again after any employee should know damn well after the first accidental slip up that they're leaking it, is what had me raising an eyebrow.

Never thought it impossible, but I found it too easy.

Good to see those instincts came in handy.

• Nice Smile 1

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?key=28d342ff964f10f55625a05a67b97a93&out=https://imgur.com/E8AltM9

This link from Imgur shows a list of data-mined Nintendo Switch games from February this year. In the list we Spyro Treasure Trilogy, as well as Crash Wrath of Cortex HD remake as well as Crash N-Sane Trilogy (which we know is already Switch confirmed). As well as a new Skylanders game titled Jet Warriors.