Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

5 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?key=28d342ff964f10f55625a05a67b97a93&out=https://imgur.com/E8AltM9

This link from Imgur shows a list of data-mined Nintendo Switch games from February this year. In the list we Spyro Treasure Trilogy, as well as Crash Wrath of Cortex HD remake as well as Crash N-Sane Trilogy (which we know is already Switch confirmed). As well as a new Skylanders game titled Jet Warriors.

That link is coming off as broken with an ejected parameter.

What was that list supposedly data-mined from anyway?

>Wrath of Cortex remake.

Right, they're going to remake the game that is seen as average and split before they remake Twinsanity - the much better received game.

Yeah, calling bs on that leak.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

>Wrath of Cortex remake.

Right, they're going to remake the game that is seen as average and split before they remake Twinsanity - the much better received game.

Yeah, calling bs on that leak.

Much as I'm not particularly fond of WoC. I must admit, it is technically the prequel, event-wise and production-wise to Twinsanity. That's one reason it would get remade if ever, before Twinsanity.

And it does establish the character of Crunch.

Not that I'm buying the leak either.

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Much as I'm not particularly fond of WoC. I must admit, it is technically the prequel, event-wise and production-wise to Twinsanity. That's one reason it would get remade if ever, before Twinsanity.

And it does establish the character of Crunch.

Not that I'm buying the leak either.

I get that, buuut on the other hand, Crunch only has a quick cameo that isn't even named in Twinsanity, and the only actual mention of it being a prequel was it's how Cortex got frozen, and even then, there's inconsistencies (why on Earth did Cortex unfreeze and wash up back on N Sanity Island ready and able to hatch up his next scheme, but Uka Uka ended up frozen on a random portion of the ice island? Makes even less sense since the short scene before the menu pops up IIRC shows both Cortex (in his still panicked pose) being chased by Uka Uka in the block of ice.

Basically - it's technically the prequel, but the plot threads are barely noticeable enough that I doubt that'd stop them from remaking the more successful game. Only thing that'd be truly effected is probably one of the funniest lines from Cortex in the game where he lampshades how badly WoC sold.

WOC would be an easy choice given it could pretty much work on the same engine as the N Sane Trilogy (if not BETTER than it's original) and with a few tweaks it would be a solid enough game (it had some nice level designs).

But yeah I am more than a little skeptical about this being legit.

20 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

That link is coming off as broken with an ejected parameter.

What was that list supposedly data-mined from anyway?

The link worked for me, and I don't know this link was posted on the Sonic Movie 2019 topic.

Yeah this is the same leak that has Sonic Heroes HD and Sonic & Mario Worlds Collide listed

It's bullshit.

It also calls the remasters ''Treasure Collection'', which the fake leaker flat out admited to have made the name up

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.dualshockers.com/activision-weekly-twitch-streams/

Activision is now doing weekly Twitch live-streams, in todays live-stream they mentioned an announcement would be made in next weeks stream on March 28th and that the announcement would Not be Call of Duty related. You know what this means, the Spyro remastered trilogy to be announced at the end of the month. Also a couple more Tweets on Twitter from the Kotaku Spyro trilogy leak, supposed to be the Spyro PS4 trilogy will use classic (Not Sylanders) Spyro, also a few more but I can't post Tweets here for some reason.

You know, I've been meaning to check out the PS1 Spyro games, so if this trilogy comes to pass that'll be good for me. As long as there's an Xbox One version.

Hopefully there's no year exclusivity for Spyro, and considering it's not being announced at a Sony event, I'm hopeful there isn't.
Well... If this is the announcement, of course.

8 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Activision is now doing weekly Twitch live-streams, in todays live-stream they mentioned an announcement would be made in next weeks stream on March 28th and that the announcement would Not be Call of Duty related. You know what this means, the Spyro remastered trilogy to be announced at the end of the month. Also a couple more Tweets on Twitter from the Kotaku Spyro trilogy leak, supposed to be the Spyro PS4 trilogy will use classic (Not Sylanders) Spyro, also a few more but I can't post Tweets here for some reason.

Well. I'm officially excited, it's gonna be Spyro. I mean, what other game Activision has that isn't Call of Duty anyways, hm? Hehehe 

And the classic look was a given, they know it would piss literally EVERYBODY if they went with the Skylanders' look. But they could piss people just a bit by making it unlockable :P Then again, Crash never got a Titans' skin or a low poly version (althought it was considered), but that's what the PC version is for.

As for the exclusivity factor, the lady from Kotaku did said it will be a year exclusive to PS4 just like Crash, so yeah..

9 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

It's obviously gonna be a new Pitfall for the Switch, the signs are clearly there.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Jango said:

I mean, what other game Activision has that isn't Call of Duty anyways, hm? Hehehe 

Quite a bit actually. It is Activision we're talking about  anyway. Go in with limited expectations. 

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Quite a bit actually. It is Activision we're talking about  anyway. Go in with limited expectations. 

I know I can't wait for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 6 - Now with only 90% more bugs!

• Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I know I can't wait for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 6 - Now with only 90% more bugs!

Or how about a remake of Spyro..... Enter the Dragonfly!

Now with even more ways to skip to the end!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Or how about a remake of Spyro..... Enter the Dragonfly!

Now with even more ways to skip to the end!

Crash Wrath of Cortex - now with more gimmick boss fights!

• Chuckle 1

In fairness fine tuned versions of Enter the Dragonfly and Wrath of Cortex, with unfinished elements added and a more serviceable gameplay engine would probably be a really cool idea.

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, E-122-Psi said:

In fairness fine tuned versions of Enter the Dragonfly and Wrath of Cortex, with unfinished elements added and a more serviceable gameplay engine would probably be a really cool idea.

Well,  in WoC's case,  they'd also need to seriously rework level design and some gameplay mechanics heavily though. 

The N-Sane trilogy is a fine piece but it was essentially still a one-to-one hd remake plus playable Coco (and it's still missing things from the original).

I'm unsure of whether or not they'd be willing to put that level of effort into such. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Well,  in WoC's case,  they'd also need to seriously rework level design and some gameplay mechanics heavily though. 

The N-Sane trilogy is a fine piece but it was essentially still a one-to-one hd remake plus playable Coco (and it's still missing things from the original).

I'm unsure of whether or not they'd be willing to put that level of effort into such. 

I truthfully didn't mind WOC's level design besides the fact they didn't do much with the wider format (which was mandated by Universal who wanted a traditional Crash game). This could be fixed by simply spreading out the items/enemies and omitting some invisible walls, though even then as is it's not awful, just a bit derivative.

A lot of other stuff was simply down to inaccuracies with the original games that kept a balance (eg. the slow as hell climbing frames, or the submarine and mech being enforced one hit vehicles instead of optional extra hits). A lot of stuff could fixed by default if they made it on the NST engine.

• Fist Bump 1

58 minutes ago, Jango said:

I mean, what other game Activision has that isn't Call of Duty anyways, hm? Hehehe

I'll give you a rundown of the most famous ones (non licensed, of course):
*Destiny; you should know this one
*Pitfall, the one i mentioned; basic platformer
*Vigilante 8; car combat a la Twisted Metal
*all the Sierra library, so King's Quest, Space Quest, Quest for Glory, Leisure Suit Larry and so on
*Guitar Hero; rhythm instrumental series
*Cabela; hunting simulators
*Candy Crush Saga; aquired relatively recently by buying the dev
*True Crime; similar to Sleeping Dogs, especially since that was supposed to be in this series before being abandoned and took by Square-Enix
*Singularity; similar to CoD, but with time manipulation mechanics
*Prototype; similar to inFamous, but with virus parasitic superpowers

I may wanna hope the announcement will be tied to Spyro, but i also may fear it could be about an expansion for Destiny 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Enter the Dragonfly could actually be a fun game, given fixes. WoC's gameplay (For the record - despite my jabs at the game, I rather like WoC, it being one of the first games I ever played) has fundamental issues - mainly the gimmicks and vehicles. EtD on a gameplay point of view can be fun, it's just the fact it's so short, so buggy, and so half-assed that it's not a lot of fun to play. 

Basically, both would need a lot of fixes, and fixes from a gameplay engine standpoint. WoC's biggest hindrance is easily the vehicles, causing a lot of boring problems and control frustrations. EtD is just a broken buggy mess in general. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I was making a joke about Activision only having one game, but that little snowball was funny xD But c'mon you guys. It's obviously Pitfall they're talking about.

Anyways, IIRC, there was a "missing" season in Spyro 2, wasn't it? I remember Autumn Forest, Summer Plains and Winter Tundra. But where's spring? Spyro 3 had times of the day as worlds (Sunrise Springs, Midday Gardens, Evening Lake and Midnignt Mountain).

I mean, if a spring world assets actually exist in the first place, could VV remake it like they did with Stormy Ascent?

WOC could have it's vehicles fined tuned the same way NST did. As said, some could also be converted into extra hits instead of mandated ways to travel the game, which would also solve the overabundance of them. Just making Coco, the mech, and the sub optional like they did their counterparts with NST Warped would improve the game flow tremendously.

Enter the Dragonfly I admit would need a bigger spruce up. I mean the stuff there could work on a more competent engine, but adding a few unused levels and polishes would likely be necessary to make the game up to standard.

• Fist Bump 1

5 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

It's obviously gonna be a new Pitfall for the Switch, the signs are clearly there.

You joke, but I'd totally be in for a sequel or remake to/of Pitfall The Lost Expedition.

• Fist Bump 1